Having a hard time loosing small amount of weight

• Hi All,

I am new here to 3FC and am looking forward to reading and getting tips/advise from others.

A little about me:

I am 29 years old and weight around 130 at 5'5. I know that is a healthy weight but I feel better around 123. I work out 5-6 days a week of intense cardio/running and some weights. I try and stick around 1500 calories a day and I do not count calories on the weekends but try not to go overboard.

What I have noticed is that loosing the 5-7lbs now is MUCH HARDER than it was a year ago and further back than that. I am not really loosing any weight with what I am doing now. I eat healthy, example, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, salads - and I am very informed about nutrition.

Anyone else have the same issue? What made a change for you? Should I try a low carb diet? Cut back on exercise?

Thank you!
  • I find that a lot of people who have stalled tend to suggest calorie cycling, or upping or lowing your calories for about a week or two to see if that gets things moving again.

Another thing would be to count on the weekend since calories have a way of either being far to high or far to low when not counted. Maybe even change your workout a bit.
  • Thank you! I may go to a low-carb diet and see if that helps.
  • Either that or your body is done. As we get older our ideal weight tends to shift, high 120s might just be where you are now.

My guess is you aren't eating enough. You may also want to check out the feather weights sub-forum because that last 5 lbs or so is a whole different weight loss animal, they'd probably have some good info for you.
  • Without pictures it is difficult to see how much fat you have to lose. 130 doesn't mean much especially for someone who exercises intensely. Focusing on the scale is not the best way to go.

Having said that - you can surely lose more fat but you might not want to as you may find the difficulty to do so isn't worth it.

The easiest way would be to research the leangains method. That said if you enjoy more intense difficult workouts I'd suggest you look into Ultimate Diet 2.0. Both of these methods are highly effective for losing fat when you don't have much to lose.
  • I have around the same stats as you.
    It does feel harder to loose weight at 130. I stayed there for about 3weeks before I started losing. Maybe it's because our metabolism is slowing down. Read somewhere that our metabolism slows in our 20s and it gets harder to lose weight from there.