12 Weeks to Take Off III - Shed With us in 2012 - Sign Up NOW

You're on Page 6 of 28
Go to
  • Definitely want to join this..i know just finishing this and sticking with it for 12 weeks will be a challenge for me but i wan to try! my goal ..for 12 weeks is 15lbs..but i have't been that thin in about 2.5 years...so we'll see how that goes.
  • Quote: is it better to meet your calorie limit to the T or to eat a little less? My calories budget is 1,400 calories, and i get really close to it. Then i work out and i gain about 400 calories back, should i eat them or should i leave it at 400 away from my limit? idk if that makes much sense...
    I've heard that it's better for your metabolism to eat back your calories, but I always have such a hard time doing that. I want those extra calories off of my body! Maybe you can try one for a month and see how it works for you?

I made my goal for the first challenge, and I really think that it helped motivate be to have an actual number to reach for at the end. My goal is to be under 200 by the end of the challenge. I have so slacked off for the entire month of December, and I'm very much ready to get back to losing weight!
    Baseline: 1/5 - 217
    Week 1 : 1/12
    Week 2 : 1/19
    Week 3 : 1/26
    Week 4 : 2/2
    Week 5 : 2/9
    Week 6 : 2/16
    Week 7 : 2/23
    Week 8 : 3/1
    Week 9 : 3/8
    Week 10 : 3/15
    Week 11 : 3/22
    Week 12 : 3/29
  • My goal for this challenge is 131. It seems impossible that i can lose more weight, but i'm ready to just keep swimming with this!

Baseline: 1/5: 150 (TOM)
  • Well I just had a look back at all these challenges, and noticed I'm back to my lowest starting weight, which is something I guess! I went 145, 140, 142, 140, so I'd love to get at least into the 130's for the next challenge.

I've set myself a very achievable goal of reaching by goal weight by the first week of June (so we better have a hot summer for me to show off the new trim me!!)

Based on this plan, my goal for this challenge is 20lb, which is less than 2lb a week. I've also got my first roller derby practice tomorrow. I've never been on skates before in my life, so very nervous but also excited!

Clairebear92 I've always been confused about the whole 'eating calories back' thing. I find that if I'm really hungry after a workout, I'll eat something, if I'm not, I won't. I would the best thing is to try sticking to whatever feels right for you for a month, then if you feel like you're not getting the results, maybe try changing the pattern and go from there. It's about what works for you. Let us know how you get on!

jayohwhy WOW! You've come so far, what an achievement already! What plans have you been following? Any tips? Good luck with the challenge
  • Baseline: 1/5: 146.6
  • My goal for this challenge is to loose 10lbs. Having a bad week and don't seem to be getting any better today. I really am ready and wanting to loose and get this weight off for good. I just want to eat away this anxiety I am having today. I hate feeling this way and hope it passes soon. Going to make myself workout today.

Baseline: 1/5 - 265
  • My goal for this is to lose ~20 lbs, getting into the 160's ^_^ fingers crossed and calorie counter at the ready Good luck everyone!

Baseline: 1/5 187lbs

Goal: 167lbs
  • My goal is to lose at least 3-4 lb. I will be happy with just that since I haven't lost any for 2-3 months.
  • 3 months? I would like to loose 20 lb... thats an average of .6 a week... here we go!

Baseline: 1/5 173lbs

Goal: 153lbs
  • I am setting a somewhat lofty goal of 31 lbs. If I don't get there, I'm sure shooting for it will at least get me someplace nicer than where I am now! I'll be weighing on Mondays prior to the weekly "deadline", since I have issues getting online for very long "midweek".
  • Hi, I would love to do this, its great to find a site and some people to help keep me accountable. I'm the only one of a group of 3 friends who made it past day 4 of weight watchers...and we just started the 1st haha!

I would love to loose 20lbs in 12 weeks
    Baseline: 1/5 205lbs

Goal: 185lbs
  • I worked tonight until 8pm and need to be there early tomorrow for a 9-5 day. Then I'm probably going to want to watch the NFL playoffs when I get home. I will post the baseline charts either Sat or Sun. Sorry about the delay.
  • I'm staying on my diet but haven't gone to the gym in 3 days! Have been getting home at 6-7 pm and waking up at 6, so I'm too tired to go by the end of the day.
  • (Apologies for the long post, folks! Apparently more wanted to come out than I realized.)

@kellyg2, I know how you feel! I have been somewhat lax about the gym lately. Are all your weekdays like this, because they were exactly that during high school (I have a much more reasonable schedule in college!) At least try to get those weekend hours in. Some is better than none!

I thought that coming home for break would make it easier to diet and lose weight, because I would have more time to exercise, but it's even more difficult to get myself down to the stationary bike when I have hours to do it. I procrastinate like crazy. Lately, I haven't really been exercising and went on a mini-vacation with some friends, during which I ate terribly (starch, cookies, ice cream, pizza, the works) and I'm trying to recover. Detox, that is. I exercised today, ate cereal, salad, and soup. Unfortunately for my diet, I have two more friends coming over for tomorrow, so I'm trying to figure out a way to eat healthily without seeming like I'm trying.

Does anyone else get comments from friends when they're trying to "diet" in order to lose weight?

My peeps are always pointing out that I must not suddenly develop anorexia. :l They support eating well, but I am careful to phrase it in a way that won't earn me a mass of statements along the line of "You're not fat" when I awkwardly had not at all suggested that I believed that. Maybe you guys got this too at your heavier weights, but my friends have always said that I was fine even when I was obviously obese. I hated those quick assurances. Rather than comfort me, they made me feel all the more self-conscious.

My two friends coming over tomorrow night are also close guy friends from high school, so there's that dynamic of me not wanting to be the signature insecure girl who only orders a salad. Does anyone else feel this way? It's not like it's a slice of tomato, am I right? I mean, salads can be very filling with the right ingredients!

On the topic of high school, my former math teacher recently passed away and I'm attending the memorial next week. I'm not particularly excited to see my high school classmates, since I've kept in contact with the friends I really valued, and had intended on visiting my favorite teachers in a few months when I'd lost more weight, but so be it. I hate to make the memorial a then-versus-now reunion, so I hope that I can find an outfit that is just as appropriate as it needs to be in order to show my respect. With my awkward shopping sense and big, wide feet, I hope it will work out.
  • Yay! I lost 5.4 lbs this week. I'm so happy, I started weight watchers on tuesday and so far I loveeee it! It gives me so much versatility and I love going by points versus calories. I'm hoping I will be able to keep a steady weight loss every week.

Pollifax: I have totally had that problem where you tell someone you want to lose weight and right away they are like "You're not fat". I get so annoyed with this because people think they make you feel better when they say that, but really they dont. It would be nice to hear someone encouraging and supportive instead. It makes me feel really defensive when I have to defend myself going on a diet.
    Just keep up the good work, and know that when you see everyone after you've lost weight, they will all be jealous and asking how you did it!