IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/25/11

You're on Page 5 of 8
Go to
  • Quote: Well I WI and am down another 3.5. Whohoo! Excited to see the 150s in a couple of weeks. I have a quick question. Has anyone done the IP Detox??? They put me on that today for three weeks. Looking for some feedback on how it affects your system and Weight loss. They modified it for me as I am a working woman, so I am to take 1 of each pill in the morning and night, as well as 1tbsp of the liquid. I follow that for one week and then up it to 2 of each for a remaining two weeks after than.

Feedback would be much appreciated!
    I am not familiar with the IP detox. What is it exactly? Why did they put you on it?
  • The clinics can order the new cookies and vanilla drink mix, but it wont be shipped till sometime next week...
  • Quote: Good morning, It seems my body is dropping inches like something crazy lately. I put on my size 26 shorts straight out of the dryer and they are too big!...I am loving it. Got an appointment at the hip dr this morning, won't he just be amazed since he hasn't seen me since beginning of August, I think I was at 65lbs then. So I am sure he will be impressed, that I can walk normal with no limp at all, which I am soooo happy about!! Maybe I won't need to have a hip replacement anytime soon, at least that is what I an hoping

Have a great OP day!
    Thats so amazing, what an amzing feeling, not only are u looking fabulous, but an inspiration to so many of us on here! Cant wait to hear how the appt goes, amazing if there is no need for surgery!!
  • Quote: So, it is 8 oz of Tofu? it is exactly like the meat and fish? I did not know, how much exactly should the portion be, I thought it would be less than the meat cause it is high in protein, but not sure. Mine is not in water, it is the pressed plain one packaged kind of like cheese.

Thank you for replying
    Here's an example of about 8 oz of tofu and my source is http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

To me the protein doesn't look a bit like 8 ounces of meat. Sugar and carbs are also present. I'm not at all suggest you not use this as an alternative to meat and fish, but they aren't comparable.

MORI-NU, Tofu, silken, firm

Nutrient Units Value per
    220 grams Number

Energy
    kcal 136

Protein g 15.18

Total lipid (fat) g 5.94

Carbohydrate, by difference g 5.28

Fiber, total dietary g 0.2

Sugars, total 2.79
  • Wayward - Can i ask what you typically order from Omaha? Getting meat from them while on this plan never crossed my mind!
  • Quote: I am not familiar with the IP detox. What is it exactly? Why did they put you on it?
    Please use the search function cited in the first post of the daily chat and I think you'll find that the consensus it is a waste of your money, of no real benefit, and possibly a detriment to your health.
  • Just back from my WI during lunch, another -4 this week, considering my injuries this week and slacking off on exercise because of it I am thrilled with that. Another 25 to go, I should make my Nov. goal no problem hopefully.
    Might be done in 7 weeks, we can hope, just need the weather to hold out a little longer.

Quote: Wayward - Can i ask what you typically order from Omaha? Getting meat from them while on this plan never crossed my mind!
    Maybe I shouldn't say I just made a huge order lol.
    We found we love their burgers with my last order just because we hadn't had them since we couldn't put anything on them anymore.

I ordered top sirloins, filet mignon, and burgers, lots of burgers, I got over 90.
    But with the wife and I both doing IP and us enjoying the burgers so much I figured it was better to stock up while they are on sale.
    It seems expensive when you order but when you compare to what you get at the store normally, you always roll the dice on whether it will be good or not.
    I prefer knowing I will enjoy it, I mean dinner is the only meal we get of the day lol.

I should also note that they have us both on increased protein due to exercise, she is on 8-10 oz of protein for dinner and I am on 12-14 plus a whey shake when I get back from the track, plus a protein bar when I get home from work.

So I am not the norm, I get an extra 60-150g of protein in a day depending on if I ride my bike and hit the track. I am not saying to try this yourself, but it is what was needed for my body to keep my lean muscle mass up.
  • Quote: Please use the search function cited in the first post of the daily chat and I think you'll find that the consensus it is a waste of your money, of no real benefit, and possibly a detriment to your health.
    I was just curious-no plans to do it-I just had never heard of it. My clinic has never mentioned it.
  • Weigh-in #4
    My one month "anniversary" on IP is tomorrow and I had weigh-in #4 this afternoon. I am very excited about my results!

This week I lost another 3.6 pounds! I am down a total of 19.8 pounds in 4 weeks! She re-measured me and did my BMI/% body Fat also.

My total measurements are down 13 inches! My Body Fat fell 3.3% and my BMI dropped 3.5!

I talked to her about beginning to exercise and about the Constipation issue. I decided to try the all natural IP Novi-Lax product.

I am only .2 pounds away from hitting my goal of losing 20 pounds by Halloween. Ready to have a good week and blow that goal away.
    Next up is my goal of being in Phase II by Thanksgiving. I need to lose another 8 pounds for that to happen, but I have 4 weeks. Ready to dig in my heels and get there!

Thanks for letting me celebrate
  • 2nd WI - down 4 - I was totally OP - just hard to believe 9lb in 10 days (I had to WI 2 days early this week) ---- crazy!
  • Quote: My one month "anniversary" on IP is tomorrow and I had weigh-in #4 this afternoon. I am very excited about my results!

This week I lost another 3.6 pounds! I am down a total of 19.8 pounds in 4 weeks! She re-measured me and did my BMI/% body Fat also.

My total measurements are down 13 inches! My Body Fat fell 3.3% and my BMI dropped 3.5!

I talked to her about beginning to exercise and about the Constipation issue. I decided to try the all natural IP Novi-Lax product.

I am only .2 pounds away from hitting my goal of losing 20 pounds by Halloween. Ready to have a good week and blow that goal away.
    Next up is my goal of being in Phase II by Thanksgiving. I need to lose another 8 pounds for that to happen, but I have 4 weeks. Ready to dig in my heels and get there!

Thanks for letting me celebrate
    That is awesome, congrats!

Quote: 2nd WI - down 4 - I was totally OP - just hard to believe 9lb in 10 days (I had to WI 2 days early this week) ---- crazy!
    Wow that is great weight loss. Good job!
  • Quote: YvetteSki and RainbowMom, I'm there with you. I don't have my exact WI numbers in my siggy because I couldn't concentrate on the instructions long enough to do it, but I am in the same boat. I lost 1 lb last week and it was either WI 11 or 12, can't even remember. As long as I'm losing, I'm happy. I do wish the numbers were higher like they were in the beginning, but based on others' experiences, I knew I would reach this point. We just have to keep going, that's all I can think of to say. It will come off, just be patient. I keep telling myself that. I was secretly hoping to be in maintenance by Thanksgiving, now I'm hoping to be in maintenance by Christmas. I guess our bodies just have limits as to how much they will lose quickly. It's amazing to look back at the numbers and see how far we've come though in such a short time!

Can someone please help me with putting in WI # 's in my sig. also ... if I want to put a quote - I am so clueless
  • Quote: 2nd WI - down 4 - I was totally OP - just hard to believe 9lb in 10 days (I had to WI 2 days early this week) ---- crazy!
    Congratulations! That is wonderful!
  • Quote:
    Can someone please help me with putting in WI # 's in my sig. also ... if I want to put a quote - I am so clueless
    At the bottom right corner of each post you will see 3 icons.
    1) The one that says Quote, is if you want to reply to one person
    2) The middle one that looks like a piece of paper with " and a + is what you click on each post that you want to reply to. Multiple quotes, it should high light when you click on it. Once you've selected all the posts you want to response to, click Quote.
    3) The piece of paper with the arrow is the quick reply, I've never used this one

Regarding your WI etc go to User CP -> Click on Edit Signature -> Go to bottom of page until you see a empty text box. Type in your weekly weigh in information. You can click on the Preview Signature button at the bottom of the page to see what your signature will look like before saving the settings.

Hope this helps.
  • Quote:
    If you want to quote look to the right lower side of the message you wish to quote. There is a quote "button" to click on and also one for multi-quote if you want to do several replies at once.

As far as weight tickers in your signature. Go up to the bar at the top and you will see "User CP" Click on that. In the box to the left you will see Edit signature. Click on that. There are instructions as to how to make and save a ticker to your profile signature. I used Ticker Factory.

I hope this helps!