I can't stop...

• ...touching my face!

My skin after 2 and a half weeks on Phase 1 is ridiculously soft to the touch.

My boyfriend commented on it as well, saying my skin looked remarkably clearer and it looked to him as if it had happened almost overnight. I'm sure its not related to drinking more water, as I haven't been able to incorporate this change yet and with my increased caffeine intake, my skin should be more dehydrated.

I've noticed another interesting thing since starting Phase 1 in terms of the effect on my body (apart from weight loss!). I use Implanon as a contraceptive (a subdermal hormonal implant) and go months without having a period. After about 3-4 days on Phase 1, I started a cycle which I think may be related to the change in diet.

Although it could always be a coincidence, I suppose.

Has anyone else noticed something like this when they started SB?
  • Wow DH and my mom both commented on my skin this week. I hadn't thought about the possibility that it may be diet related. I started healthier eating the beginning of the year so had already eliminated much of the bad stuff. But it's making me think maybe it is related! Another reason to love SBD.
  • I've noticed the same thing, but I thought it was just me! I've definitely been touching my face non stop, it feels so soft!!
  • There are lots of vitamins, minerals and water in veggies!!! Could be the helper for the skin.
  • This is such a healthy WOE! The changes really happen fast!
  • South Beach...can induce weight loss, increase your self esteem and general health as well as lead to excessive face touching!

Jenne, you're probably right. Didn't even consider that!
  • I touch my face like crazy but its cause I can finally feel the bones without so much puffiness... that and my collar bones. I hadn't thought about it being softer skin... hmmm...