See you later 180's!!

You're on Page 3 of 23
Go to
  • I hear you on being sick of the 180's! I always go through these decade threads so slowly that I'm pretty sick of whatever decade I'm in by the end.

I'm 186 now (actually for a few days but I forgot about this thread) and hope to reach 185 and a healthy BMI ASAP!!!!!!!!
  • 184 checking in here. I got all the way down to 181.2 before ballooning up this week. Hoping it's at least partially because it's week before TOM for me. Either way, hoping to get out if the 180s soon! Maybe after TOM? My appetite is always non-existent then, though the week before is a different story!
  • I'm soooo ready to get out of the 180s. I was happy to get here cause I hovered in the 190s for a few years before finally gaining and getting out of them. I can't tell you how long it's been since I was in the 170s...probably since my last year of high school/first year of college. And that was 10-11 years ago!

Last time I weighed (a little over 2 weeks ago), I was 182.1. Surely when I weigh Friday, I'll be out of them...hopefully! I have a love/hate relationship with my scales, minus the love part. They terrify me. It's only Tuesday (I say cause I haven't been to sleep yet) and I'm nervous about the weigh in! Cross your fingers that they'll be good to me!

Good luck everyone....hope to see you all in the 170s thread real soon!
  • I weighed-in at 185 today, I'm no longer obese!!!!!

bamagirl28- I haven't been in the 170's for about 3 years (it was my prepregnancy weight) so I feel your pain! Good luck on Friday, I can't imagine waiting that long to weigh-in, I'd go crazy!
  • Congrats Running!! Awesome job!!

I'm back on the site after a couple months because I'm in Canada for the summer and haven't been able to weigh myself consistently. I was 196 when I left home on June 10 and today I'm 188.8! YAY! I've indulged in beer, pizza, steak, potato salad, etc while on vacation so I'm happy to see some loss. lol. Time to get back on plan though!

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Quote: Congrats Running!! Awesome job!!

I'm back on the site after a couple months because I'm in Canada for the summer and haven't been able to weigh myself consistently. I was 196 when I left home on June 10 and today I'm 188.8! YAY! I've indulged in beer, pizza, steak, potato salad, etc while on vacation so I'm happy to see some loss. lol. Time to get back on plan though!

Hope everyone has a great day!
    That's great, what a pleasant surprise after vacation!
  • Thanks, running! lol I get kinda antsy and want to weigh just to check every now and then but I'm trying to keep from relying on the scales so much. I started the 12 weeks to take off thread and was weighing in every week and realized I was stressing myself out...so I decided to stop weighing so often and only weigh after 21 days (mostly cause this program I have starts you off at 21 days and asks you not to weigh until after that's over). So I didn't weigh for 3 weeks but was doing really well with exercising and stayed on plan for most of those days. When I weighed last time I was super nervous but pleasantly surprised when I found out I had lost 15 lbs!

It's kinda suspenseful but I'm actually looking forward to getting on the scales again to see how much I've lost. Gives me something to look forward to. A part of me is still dreading it too, though. Like I said, I hate the scales.
  • Scales suck. In the past, when I've tried to lose weight, I've done weekly weigh-ins, but this time, I decided to try weighing myself daily.

My weight has been either stable or up this week, and seeing the number in the morning is so demoralizing. I know it's the week before TOM, and this always happens to me, but still. Boo.
  • what is everyone's calorie intake? I am driving myself crazy I have been 187-189 for the past month. 189 for the past three weeks to be exact uggh. I have tried calories ranges from 1200-2000 and upped and downed my workouts. I used to be able to drop weight like crazy and I am stuck. I figure if you all are losing weight at around my weight category I could try and base it off you successful 180's people. Pretty please
  • cierranevada: Oh my gosh this is my life! I dropped from 220 to 210 in like 2 weeks. I've been between 187 and 189 (with one weigh in at 186.7) for the past month -- 187.7 this morning.

Currently I'm doing 1200 calories and exercising 6 days a week (strength training x 3, cardio x 3), but I've gone down to 3 days a week just cardio, and up to 2000 calories a day trying to get my weight to move from this plateau. My latest try to trick my body plan is to significantly up the amount of protein (bought a container of whey yesterday and made a vanilla protein shake for breakfast) and decrease the amount of carbs I eat. I'll let you know how it goes.

I have absolutely no advice, but you're not alone.
  • Have you guys been taking your measurements? I had a period in the lower 190's where I didn't lose FOREVER but I was losing inches like crazy.

Also you might want to try calorie cycling or increase them a bit. 1000-1200 might be too low if you're exercising frequently (but I'd check your measurements first!).
  • I'm joining you ladies here. I lost some weight earlier in the year, and then got depressed and put it all back on plus a few pounds. currently at 189, hoping to be 179 in a few weeks.
  • cierranevada -- I haven't been counting calories these past few weeks, mostly because I'm home and eating a lot of ethnic food. Hard to find calorie counts for homemade meals! I am watching what I eat though, just cutting down on sweets and snacks, small portions, etc.

InsidetheBeltway -- Totally busted out my protein powder this morning after reading your post. Made a shake with almond milk and it made me incredibly full. Good stuff!

runningfromfat -- Haven't really been taking my measurements. I usually see a drop in scale weight before I see a drop in inches. Is that weird? I've never really measured consistently though, so I should probably try that.

Anja -- Welcome! Depression is tough on your mind and body. However, exercise and healthy eating have been scientifically suggested as remedies for depressive behavior, so good luck! Emotional eating is difficult, but endorphins are awesome.
  • In other news, I finally saw a loss today--the first one this entire week! Only thing I did different yesterday was drink more water. I know day-to-day WI's are partially flukes, but still. Drinking more water as we speak
  • Well...I weighed this morning cause I realized that TOM's close...real close. Ughhh...I'm retaining water right now because I was down 3 lbs in 3 wks. 3 wks of being on plan! I've already ranted about this on another post so I'll spare y'all. Anyways that put me right at....wait for it....179.9. How lovely to see a 7 instead of an 8! I figure I should hang around in here for a little bit longer though cause it was a one time weigh in and only .1 lb away from the 180s. Anyways by the time TOM's come and gone hopefully I'll be well out of the 180s!

And yes, running, I keep track of my measurements also. I measure once a month usually. Sometimes those measurements keep me hanging in there, especially when the stupid scales aren't moving like they should. In fact, this week I even made a spreadsheet of measurements that calculates how many inches lost from measurement to measurement and total inches lost since the beginning of my journey.....yes, I'm a dork.