IP Daily Chat- Wednesday, June 15

You're on Page 5 of 8
Go to
  • Quote: I liked my body best when I was a size 10 in my early twenties. I weighed about 150lbs. So that is the weight I chose. My coach said since I'm just 31, it is totally doable. The weight is arbitrary. I just want to get down to a size 10 again. If I weigh 160lbs and fit into 10s, that is okay too.

Had my weigh in today, and I'm down 2lbs. Not what I was hoping for, but a loss none the less considering my cheat last night.
    To offer some encouragement... I am sort of close to your size (5"8.75")and been doing this awhile (see my ticker) I am 159 and in pants I can wear a size 6 and sometimes a 4 (although if it is something high end like Dolce and Gabana or Valentino...then I am a size 8). I am all over the place on shirts (sadly my large chest has only gotten slightly smaller, I was hoping for more loss in this department). I am not sure what body type you have but you may be surprised how much smaller you get at a higher weight. Good luck to you!!!! This diet has been the best thing I have given myself. 2 pounds is AWESOME!!!!!
  • My coach gave me my first 9 days and each week I go in and choose what I want for the next 7 days. We are having friends over to stay this weekend and I have to cook for everyone...I am so nervouse. I do not want to cheat but it will be so hard not to taste everything I cook! I guess it all comes down to how bad do I want it...

Tina
  • I have been caught. I hadn't told anyone at work what I am doing - IP. I work with 4 guys and I am the only woman in our office. A coworker saw me rinse out my shaker cup. He said, "Hey, my wife has one of those!" She isn't on the program now, but had lost 60 lbs. She was getting the program/food for free when she worked at a radio station. She was laid off, and couldn't afford the program any more.
  • Quote: Hey y'all, how did you come to determine your goal weight? When I look at height/weight charts they have me being in the 130's . My doc recommended 160 for my 55 year old self. I'm open to input on this one...

WI #1 -6.25 12"
    I chose my goal weight based on history. The lowest weight I can recall being is 170- about 15 years ago. I remember that at 170 I always wanted to lose 15/20 lbs. It's not scientific by any means
    I also have my heart set on being a 8/10. I have no idea how much i would weigh at that size!
  • New to this site, 3 weeks on IP Plan
    I started out 3 wks ago. firday is my official weigh in day.
    W1= -4, W2=-4
    I am now back to working out, biking and walking outside. Does anyone lift weights? If so, do you use a drink afterwards?
  • Quote: Hey y'all, how did you come to determine your goal weight? When I look at height/weight charts they have me being in the 130's . My doc recommended 160 for my 55 year old self. I'm open to input on this one...

WI #1 -6.25 12"
    I originally picked 150 per the BMI scale. That doesn't take into account bone or muscle mass though, so I changed to 170 which is the weight I was when I last remember feeling comfortable in my own skin. I am going to look at it again when I get closer to my goal. If I feel I want to lose more, I will change my goal then. I feel very good about my current goal though.
  • I really want to go back to using weights but my coach is not crazy about it. She did tell me that I need to be drinking a drink as soon as I walk out of the gym.
  • Quote: ............. how many pounds do you think i could lose from now till september? and do you think i can have 4 protein servings a day since im on the heavier side? im not planning on doing restricted alternative products, i want my weight loss to be as successful as possible..
    I noticed that we both started out at the same weight so I thought I would share my experience.

I have always had 4 protein packs a day plus my regular dinner from day 1. In the first 5 weeks I lost 25 lbs. By week 10, the total was 43 lbs and by week 15 the total was 60 lbs. I have also always had a restricted everyday since day 1.

I just had WI 33 and lost 4.8 lbs. for a total loss of 112 lbs. I have gone from a tight 4x to misses size large.

The secret for my longevity on the program is that I do not eat the same protein packs everyday. I make sure that I have 21 different protein packs each week and then I rotate a blue/cran/pom drink or a raspberry jelly every day as my 4th packet for the loose skin thing.

Good luck with your journey.
  • Quote: I noticed that we both started out at the same weight so I thought I would share my experience.

I have always had 4 protein packs a day plus my regular dinner from day 1. In the first 5 weeks I lost 25 lbs. By week 10, the total was 43 lbs and by week 15 the total was 60 lbs. I have also always had a restricted everyday since day 1.

I just had WI 33 and lost 4.8 lbs. for a total loss of 112 lbs. I have gone from a tight 4x to misses size large.

The secret for my longevity on the program is that I do not eat the same protein packs everyday. I make sure that I have 21 different protein packs each week and then I rotate a blue/cran/pom drink or a raspberry jelly every day as my 4th packet for the loose skin thing.

I just have to say....wow! What an Awesome job, and dedication! Great work.
  • Quote: I noticed that we both started out at the same weight so I thought I would share my experience.

Susan, you're amazing!
  • Quote: Good Morning, Everyone! Thanks for the congrats yesterday on my NSV. I'm pretty happy about it, too.

My question regarding the extra packet is because I do NOT have a packet at night. I can't have anything past 8pm because I take my thyroid medication before I go to bed. If I plan to be in bed by 10, that means nothing after 8. I'm going to work really hard on getting in that 4th packet and see if that will help. I've changed my meals around so that I have dinner in the afternoon. I'm not sure if this is helping me or not since I'm a little concerned about my metabolism dropping during the night. I might just have to switch it around again.

Have a wonderful 'on program' day, everyone.
    Hi Brown eyes,
    I routinely have supper at around 6:30-7 PM each night and my protein dring between 8-10 PM. Have neen on IP since Jan 26th and my weight loss has been great. I do not buy that after 8 PM business. It does not accomodate all lifestyles and scientificaly, if you have 800-1100 calories per 24 hours, it will not matter if you space them out or have them all at once (not that anyone should do that), you are still going to lose weight due to the fact that this is a very calorie and fat restricted diet.
  • Hi all I have been on this diet for two weeks now and both weeks I had the same issue. It seems that during the first half of the week I drop 3-4 lbs but towards the end of the week I gain 2 back with a net loss of 1.5 lbs. I am not sure why this is happening. Has this happened to others before. My weeks goes from wednesday to wednesday
  • Quote: Hi Ishbel, I just checked my phase 1 sheet and kale is listed under the select vegetable section.

thanks for posting the recipe again...I'm going to try it (but as part of my veggie allowance)
    Quote: YUMMY! Can't wait to try it! I love snacks with a crunch so this should be perfect and even better that its a lettuce!
    Careful, it's a veggie!! but really that's ok. Still a better choice, you'll just have to be careful not to eat too much.

Carla
  • Quote: So today is day 2 on IP for me. Yesterday went well. Dinner (chicken + broccoli + asparagus) tasted heavenly at the end of the day.

I have a question though, do you guys get to pick the meals that you get every week? It looks like that is the case from some of the things that you guys talk about. I was given my packets and the only thing I got to choose was the flavor of the RTD.

I'm not sure if from the second week on I will be able to pick my own. I'm just wondering what your experiences are so far on that.
    I've always chosen my own packets from day one. Why would they choose them for you....you're the one who has to eat them?? Doesn't make sense to me.
  • What????
    Quote: So today is day 2 on IP for me. Yesterday went well. Dinner (chicken + broccoli + asparagus) tasted heavenly at the end of the day.

I have a question though, do you guys get to pick the meals that you get every week? It looks like that is the case from some of the things that you guys talk about. I was given my packets and the only thing I got to choose was the flavor of the RTD.

I'm not sure if from the second week on I will be able to pick my own. I'm just wondering what your experiences are so far on that.
    That's got to be the craziest thing I have heard so far in my short 2 1/2 week life on IP!!! I have been allowed choices of all products. The only stipulation is only 1 restricted per day and that isn't even a "have to". If I don't want it I don't have it and typically only have 3 products per day where some use 4. I am confused by the lack of continuity across different IP centers. What's that about????