I had a DOH! moment today!

• In an attempt to find things that I could put on my salad other then chicken the other day I picked up a package of imitation crab meat from the deli (no nutritional info on the packaging). I thought "its seafood its fine" a few days later when I've had a few days of being hungrier then normal I thought hmm maybe I should check out how they make imitation crab meat....lots of sugar to make the pollock taste like crab...OOOPS! Just thought I'd share my "doh"(Homer simpson reference) moment so that you can avoid it .
  • Would it make you feel any better to let you know that I did the EXACT same thing last week?? I didn't realize it either until afterwards...
  • I've been there!!
  • Thanks so much for the HEADS UP! Smile... Sorry you all had to deal with this.

• Thanks Losingtime! I bought imitation lobster from deli yesterday...same, didn't have any nutritional info. I was going to use it in my seafood medley salad tonite...now I think I'm going to skip adding it to my salad! My hubby did kind of turn his nose up at it! (My guys are used to eating fresh crab right out of the pacific ocean...so this imitation lobster didn't excite them too much!)
  • Quote: In an attempt to find things that I could put on my salad other then chicken the other day I picked up a package of imitation crab meat from the deli (no nutritional info on the packaging). I thought "its seafood its fine" a few days later when I've had a few days of being hungrier then normal I thought hmm maybe I should check out how they make imitation crab meat....lots of sugar to make the pollock taste like crab...OOOPS! Just thought I'd share my "doh"(Homer simpson reference) moment so that you can avoid it .
    Oh, and don't forget the sodium! Half a day's allotment for about 6-7 grams of protein. Blahh.