Eating when sick?

• i recently just got better from 1) strep throat followed by 2) a cold/flu!

I noticed that when i was in bed these couple days, i would sleep, wake up and then eat, and then go STRAIGHT back to bed. and the only time i would wake up to eat is because im starved and i eat a LOT!

when i'm eating, i think: 'you're sick, you need the nutrients, you need to eat'!

does anyone else do this? is there a reason why i eat so much when im sick? ive heard other ppl not wanting to eat at all because they have no appetite but why am i the opposite?

this has not stalled my weight loss, i have just kept stable, so i guess thats a good thing.
  • YES! I always wake up to feed and then sleep. LOL.

At least my tastes are healthier -- I crave veggies and soup, not cookies -- but I definitely have no problem reaching my usual calorie level when I'm sick. Normal diet-level feeding + completely sedentary = no gain or loss.

It works out fine, in my opinion -- if you weren't restricting calories, you probably would naturally eat less when sick, but since you are, you end up eating what you are naturally inclined to eat anyway. Does that make sense?