Old 02-15-2007, 12:56 AM   #1  
shrinkinggirl

S/C/G: 250/241/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Eating when snowed in?

Just wondering if anyone other than me eats when stuck in the house? We got over 34in. of snow today and I was so not on plan today. Now we're due to get blizzard like conditions today which means I will be stuck in the house again today. UGGGGGHHHH This is so gonna set me back on my weight loss Well just wanted to say that. Goodnight all.
shrinkinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:06 AM   #2  
Sammy

Good Luck!!!
Booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:17 AM   #3  
The hotness! (AKA Kim)

S/C/G: 180/170/125

Height: 5'3"

It may sound extreme, but when I know I'm going to be home all day I plan all my meals first thing in the morning... then I put approximated times to eat them next to them. Usually, I put somewhere between 2 and 3 hours between meals and snacks, and then try to stick to it as best I can. For example:
Breaky- 8
Snack- 11
Lunch - 1
Snack- 4
Dinner- 6
Snack- 8 or 9
This way, i'm not always thinking about food. It's like I can relax and not be constantly preoccupied about food knowing that I will get something good soon enough. It works for me...
Good Luck!
The best ME I can be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I don't get snowed in down here, but we do get hurricanes. I actually prepared a "hurricane menu" for a week that I can follow and still stay OP. When we have one threatening, I can just go to the store and get those items on the list instead of stocking up on every canned thing imaginable like most people. Helped me to stay OP last year even though we only had one day of a threat. Maybe you can translate that into your planning for snow days.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

We were snowed in yesterday, and I was not prepared to be POP. I did the best I could with what we had here. Hopefully I can unbury my car and get to the store.

If you're able to plan and have the proper foods, obviously tht would be best. I didn't overindulge too bad yesterday. And I did try to grab a bite of something every 2-3 hours, as Kim had suggested.

(My dinner was cheddarwurst, buttered noodles and tomatos -- It was supposed to be eggplant parm, but I didn't have all the ingredients!)

Good luck & stay warm!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:07 AM   #6  

MMMmmmmm. I miss Pennsylvania food sometimes down here. I love the Southern stuff and I have acclimated very well, but I was just thinking about all the stuff we don't get here. DH actually got a big laugh when we went back to Pittsburgh two years ago because we stopped somewhere for breakfast and they had the "Sausage of the Day". He said he had heard of "soup of the day", but not that. I told him welcome to Pittsburgh!
Old 02-15-2007, 08:10 AM   #7  
Kate - LAWL since 10/06

S/C/G: 211.0/154.2/130.0

Height: 5'1"

Cassi - Wow! Your ticker is really moving! Awesome!!

I am with everyone else on the planning ahead thing. It helps me out SO much!!!
katiebug77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:22 AM   #8  

Katiebug - Thanks! But it's really the getting sick that did it. I wish I could say that I experienced an incredible surge in metabolism that I was going to bottle and sell, but alas, it's just a cold.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Shrink, I think your problem is not that you haven't planned but you are bored and frustrated with this darned weather, I live in California but was born and raised in Minnesota i know all I care to about snow. Are you an eating habits tied to your emotions? Mine sure are and when there are situations I can't control , such as bad weather, even tho I have the right foods on hand I go back to "Have a cookie, you'll feel better"That of course is a lie.The snow will melt and you will see nice, warm, sunny days again. Don't let this get you down, do the best you can you will see results , I see that you have done great so far.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:55 PM   #10  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Shrink,

I'm down on Long Island, we luckily are not buried with snow and are thankful we live in the better part of NY!

I started plan while working insane x-mas hours, it was after I went back to working normal 6-8 hour days that I was totally thrown off! I simply plan, plan, plan, and plan somemore. I have an idea the night before what I'm eating for my first 4 meals and typically dinner also. It worked when I packed everything the night before due to 13 hour days, it can work when I'm at home, it's just nice to eat off of plates and not out of tupperware containers!

When you finally dig out, I would suggest hitting Wegmans (which I so wish we had down here! ) and stocking up on frozen fruits and veggies also, that is if your power has stayed consistently on. There's always a way to make meals work even if you're home bound! Also, the purdue shortcuts freeze well, I have a bunch of them in my freezer especially since one package is one protein on the red, easy defrost, toss in with frozen peppers you have a stir-fry to die for!
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:27 PM   #11  
shrinkinggirl

S/C/G: 250/241/140

Height: 5'2"

everyone for all the great suggestions. Next storm, I will be ready. You all are trully the best. I really appreciate all the awesome advice. I'm gonna put some in here to get me back on track. I'm off to WI tomorrow. Goodnight all
shrinkinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 07:03 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

at WI!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #13  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizlawchik View Post
MMMmmmmm. I miss Pennsylvania food sometimes down here. I love the Southern stuff and I have acclimated very well, but I was just thinking about all the stuff we don't get here. DH actually got a big laugh when we went back to Pittsburgh two years ago because we stopped somewhere for breakfast and they had the "Sausage of the Day". He said he had heard of "soup of the day", but not that. I told him welcome to Pittsburgh!
Cassi......I take it you are originally from Pennsylvania. My DH is a meat man for sure.........he would love it there. When we go grocery shopping (one of his favorite places to go......and he has NO weight issues.......6'2", 200 lbs), I spend an extended period in the produce aisle, while he drools over the meat cases. It is hilarious. I like to tease him about it.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote