Had a fantastic morning

• My son went fishing with a family friend so that meant that after dropping him off at 7 am, I had the rest of the morning freeeee!

This is the amazing thing - I didn't go home & back to bed. I drove to a local 5-mile loop and walked the whole thing in 90 mins. In the drizzle. Then - about halfway through, the sun came out and I was treated to a rainbow!

I have been wanting to do the whole loop for a while, but my son isn't up for 5 miles (we will do a 2-mile total out & back sometimes), so I haven't had the chance until now.

I feel great - the bottoms of my feet hurt (?) and am a tad sore but YAY!!! I did it. And he's still fishing, because they are having good luck - trout for dinner for us!
  • Nice job and yummy fish for supper (hope they clean it for you
  • That is awesome!!! way to go!
  • I gotta admit -- I love feeling sore! And it might be time for you to find a nice pair of walking gel sneakers. They made a world of difference to me. I know you are so proud of yourself for walking instead of sleeping the afternoon away! And the more you walk and feel great, the more you will crave that feeling and want to keep doing it again and again.....faster and faster....

Way to go!
  • Congrats and how cool about the rainbow
  • He did bring home fish - two 3.5 pound trout!! One he caught himself, and one our friend gave him. We had (part of) one for dinner and it was delicious! He was so proud of himself (he's 7)