Worldly Chicks go "Marching" With Gusto - And Igor

You're on Page 4 of 21
Go to

• HAPPY......I WANT TO WISH YOU AND DH A WONDERFUL AND A VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TOMORROW. HOPE I GOT THE DAY RIGHT!! ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY.
    I HAVE TO ATTEND AN UNPLANNED MEETING LATE TONITE AND MIGHT SLEEP IN TOMORROW MORNING...LOL....AND I DIDN'T WANT TO MISS YOU INCASE YOU GOT HERE FIRST.

I'LL DO PERSONALS IN THE MORNING CAUSE I AM RUSHED RIGHT NOW BUT I AM GLAD MICHELLE IS STAYING HOME
  • Morning all,

Quick note. I am in Wellington and it is not particularly windy. However it isn't the greatest of days for a wedding but is supposed to clear soon.
    My luggage didn't arrive on the same plane as me and I spent much of yesterday trying to track the case down. It arrived about 9.00pm last night. Since I had to be at the dinner at 7.00 on Friday, I had to go shopping for clothes, toiletries etc.

On Friday morning around 2.am we had an earthquake. Just a minor jolt. I must say that Happy's DH's theory is interesting but earthquakes are caused my movement of earths plates deep below the surface, however I do agree that the mining and defiling of the earth for 'treasure' is going to have repercussions - I think such as landslides, changes in water tables, earth depressions and big changes in the landscape. Just as we are what we eat, the Earth is what the natural flora and landscape requires to grow and become steady.

Anyway, I need to get off here and get on with helping Chris get lunch ready.

Have a great day and a good weekend.
  • Shad - I'm wishing your niece and nephew in law a wonderful wedding day! And sending : that all the family gets along and behaves.
  • GOOD MORNING CHICKS
    I SLEPT LIKE A LOG. WENT TO BED AT 10 PM AND WOKE AT 7:14 AM. I FEEL LIKE A MILLION BUCKS TOO. THE MEETING WAS QUICKER THAN I THOUGHT. ANOTHER EVICTION OF A SQUATTER...HIS MOM DIED AND HE THOUGHT HE COULD JUST MOVE IN FOR FREE! PEOPLE ARE FRASSING CRAZY I CAME UP HERE, ATE SOME TURKEY AND WENT TO BED. THE ONLY THING I REMEMBER IS ROLLING OVER A FEW TIMES
    THE SIGN IS ON THE DOOR AND ALL I HAVE TO ANSWER ARE THE ALARMS.
    HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

ANNIE....THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU KIDDO

MICHELLE....I WAS GLAD TO READ LAST NIGHT THAT YOU WEREN'T HOSPITAL MATERIAL HOPE THE STRONGER MEDS MAKE THE DIFFERENCE. TAKE CARE OF YOUR INTESTINES! REST IS THE KEY HERE. GET AS MUCH AS YOU CAN AND GIVE THOSE LUNGS A CHANCE TO HEAL.

LAURA...I THOUGHT ABOUT THE WIRELESS AND AM TOO FREAKING LAZY TO DIG THEM OUT & CHANGE TO THE WIRED! I FIND THAT IF I RESTART THE COMPUTER IT USALLY STOPS. YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY WINDOWS OPEN UP....ALTHOUGH ANNOYING...IT'S FUNNY. IT MUST BE A SCREW UP WITH ALL THESE "QUICK" BUTTONS ON THIS DANG KEYBOARD. GOOD LUCK WITH THE CLASSES AND TAKE CARE AT THE SAME TIME. GLAD IT'S TENNIS ELBOW....THOUGH THEY SHOULD SAY MOUSE ELBOW!! HOPE THE NSAIDS WORK FOR YOU LIKE THEY DO FOR ME. I LIKED THE DASH DIET AND HAD LOOKED IT UP MANY YEARS AGO AT THE RECCO OF A DR AND ALSO OUR SHAD. SOME GOOD IDEAS THERE.

CEEJAY....GOOD IDEA EXERCISING 10 MIN AT A TIME. I SHOULD TRY TO REMEMBER THAT AND IT MIGHT HELP TO KEEP THE BACK HAPPIER. THANKS! ENJOY YOUR TIME OFF.

SHAD....I CAN'T BELIEVE THE SUITCASE. HOW DO AIRLINES DO THAT?? SORRY YOU HAD TO GO OUT AND BUY NEW STUFF BUT THEN SHOPPING IS FUN!! OMG!! ANOTHER EARTHQUAKE??? IS THERE NO END TO EARTH'S ANGER??? I TOLD THE KIDS WHERE YOU WENT AND THEY SAID THE WEDDING SHOULD HAVE COME TO YOUR AREA INSTEAD!! HOPE YOUR WEEKEND WILL BE A FUN TIME.
  • Good Morning Chickies!!

Happy~glad to hear you are getting spring down by you!! Wish I could go someplace warmer...our weather keeps jumping around 60's one day then snow the next. all the paperwork for this house certainly is a bummer...I would have freaked out regarding the papers you received! Sorry you had to wait for your gyn appt...when I worked for the doc I hated having to call and cancel appts, then If I couldn't reach someone and they showed up I had to explain they needed to resched. what a pain!

Michelle~So glad you are feeling better and not heading to the hospital. hope the stroger meds kick this virus out. How long will your boss let you work from home??

Ceejay~Did cleaning the pan under the fridge take are of the problem??? If there is any lingering stank in the air, I have really started to like the Febrese air fresheners. althoug putting a pot of water on the stove with a table spoon of vinegar and boiling it also will take care of it. Are you adjusting to the new BP meds?

Annie~Hope you are feeling better chica!! The weather has been so freaky...I drove home from work last Sunday in a thunder storm...poor DD3 was afraid of the thunder and kept pointing out the window saying "monsters" and wimpering. Finally got her to fall back to sleep and we were good to go.

Laura~it sounds like your dr's appt went well. Hope the Nsaids work for your arm. I know it sucks when you can't do your regular work out, but you do need to make sure the elbow get healed... :

Shad~so sorry to hear that your luggage was delayed. that's the only thing I really hate about flying. Hope the wedding goes?went well...LOL I am not sure what the time difference is!! Wishing your neice and nephew in law happy wedding and long life together!

Melody~glad you and jen had a chance to sit down and chat...even with the interuptions, it's just a part of life. have you figured out the computer problems yet? I know I need to reconfigure mine, but I keep putting off, too much of a hassle right now, but I need to hop on it. I could come and take a look at if for you...all I ask is for some of your beef and barley soup...sounded delish!

Well, my company never came she txt that her daughter had a high fever... on the up side my house is straight...only about 2/3 more laundry to finish up...too busy yesterday to get more than a load done. Took DD2 shopping because she has outgrown all her clothes, picked up mostly stuff for her, but also a few things for DD1 and DD3. DS is out of luck, I ran out of time and didn't even look in the boys section. But I am aslo not sure what size he is so I would have to take him with to try things on. Working today, tomorrow and Monday. No big plans for the weekend.

Got my new keyboard and mouse, so we are trying wireless...eventually my comp will get moved into the living room by the TV so we decided to go wireless so we did not have cords to worry about in there.

Hoping everyone has a great weekend and stays warm/cool...really can't wait for spring!

Luv and hugs!!!
  • Ellen
    I love my wireless mouse. The only thing I can tell that's different about my bp meds is that I wake up a little groggy. I haven't been stressed so I'm not sure if they are helping the reacing heart. I haven't had one though. The stinch was gone after I cleaned the pan.

Mel
    Hope there are no alarms this week end.

Happy
    A belated anniversary wish or is it today. Enjoy your day.

Annie
    Sending good vibes your way.

Michelle
    Are the new meds helping? Enjoy your weekend.

Shad
    Was it a good day for the wedding? Wow and another earthquake. Be careful. Don't you love it when your baggage doesn't make it when you do. I have had that happen more than once.

It's going to be a soggy day today. We are under a flash flood watch. Had a thunderstorm to roll through around 4.30 a.m. And there is a lot more rain coming up from the gulf. I need to go to the grocery store.
    I'm beginning to wonder if the weather i playing a role in my sinus issues.
    This morning I woke up congested with coughing. But I did notice that the oak tree in the front yard is beginning to leaf.
    Everyone enjoy their week end.
  • Good morning girls,

Mel - thank you for the anniversary wishes. Yes, you got the day right - it's today. #34 and counting. I love him like I did the day we married, in a different way but life has grown better each year. I look forward to the day when we can live our dreams together. We received a gift card to a delicious steak house from my sister for Christmas. We are going to dinner there tonight to celebrate

Ceejay - it's been a steady rain here since about 2am. I completely agree with you that the blooming stuff and all the pollen are causing sinus issues. I've noticed a difference with that choking drippy cough ever since the first buds appeared. The pear trees are all in bloom as are the daffodils and the yellow forsynthia bushes. We have pink trees in bloom too - someone said they are cherries but I'm not sure. I was thinking the tulip trees were blooming too but I might be wrong. The cars are sticky from sap but we haven't hit the yellow pollen showers yet. Glad you got through your extra long work week. Do you have a few days off now?

Ellen - actually I would appreciate it more if the doctor got called away and I got a call to reschedule - even if I had driven to the office. I don't like it now where they just expect you to sit there for 4 hours, the doctor comes in - is way behind and tired and she rushes to catch up and doesn't give you more than 10 minutes of her time. Bummer that your company didn't show up but like you said - you got a spanking shiny clean house out of it so your efforts were not wasted. Now, if only you could lock it down and make it say that way Can your daughters trade clothes or are they all different shapes and sizes?

Wow Mel - squatters. Always some drama going on in the building. It's a shame when the family members cause it. You expect it from the seniors, not their lazy conniving families. I'm glad you woke up all refreshed. Sometimes some extra sleep is all you need. And some cute barechested firemen to wait on you hand and foot

Shad - I hope the skies cleared and it turned out to be a nice day after all for the niece's wedding. Have a good time at the reception and no more quakes in the area.

Michelle - I'm very happy to hear that you didn't have to be put in the hospital after all. I hope the new meds work This is the worst I ever remember you struggling.

Laura - I agree with you questioning the bone density thing. Heck, I went into menopause at 39 and didn't have my first bone density until I was 52 and it was fine and dandy. I do want to caution the ladies though that after you hit menopause, if you aren't on hormone replacement therapy or calcium do watch the bone density and you will lose bone mass fast. But while you are still getting a period, you should be fine if you are otherwise healthy. I think it's a good idea to try the step class. Sample what you can with your pass. The only thing I find hard is when you come into something completely new - like Zumba. Hard to find a class that is ground zero - here are the basics. I find it hard to just jump in and do the moves. I know they say that with Zumba but our teacher (and this was Zumba Gold - the slower one) went like a bat outta #$@! and I could not keep up with her at all and felt like a klutz. Also other people like me kept banging in to me. It was more like a mosh pit than an exercise class Maybe we should have Michelle teach it

Annie - hope your spirits have lifted and you are feeling better. Sending you some loving thoughts

It has taken me all morning to post this. DH and I have been talking on and off, I have done some laundry and took a break for lunch. Better get this posted before I lose it. Hope you all have a good weekend.

• It's a balmy 50 degrees here this morning. Loving the window cracked open. Now if I could just wave my magic wand and get rid of clouds and
    I am sticking with the Meliday theme. Resting.
    Jen went out to run errands....then fell ouside the library. Her wrist/forearm is sprained. She slept all night with pain meds.
    I on the other hand feel almost 100% my old self. Thank God for sleep! I actually slept another 9 hrs last night. Must be the dregs of the codeine wearing off.
    I did get some very lite dusting done yesterday while the window was opened. The PC desk was getting untidy.
    Maybe today Richie & I will wait on Jen for a change.
    Hope you are all having a great weekend
    ** I SHOULD CLARIFY THIS....THE SQUATTER WAS IN ONE OF THE OTHER BLDGS WE OWN. WE FOUND OUT HE TOOK OFF AND NOW HOUSING IS MISSING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS MORE MONEY THAN I OWE!

HAPPY.....I AM SO GLAD I GOT THE DAY RIGHT. YOUR POST BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES....I LOVE A HAPPY ENDING!! 34 YEARS HOW GREAT IS THAT. I BELIEVE YOU FOUND YOUR SOUL MATE FOR SURE. ENJOY THE HAPPY WEEKEND. AND THE DINNER

ELLEN....HAVE FUN WITH THE NEW MOUSE AND KEYBOARD. I LOVE THEM. EXCEPT WHEN IT ACTS UP. HOPE WORK IS BETTER NOW AND SORRY TO HEAR THE FRIEND COULDN'T MAKE IT. SHOPPPING FOR SO MANY PEEPS MUST BE A COSTLY EXPERIENCE. YOU HAVE MY SYMPATHIES!!!

CEEJAY....yes....NOW IT'S TIME FOR THE TREE RELATED SINUS PROBLEMS. AND YES WEATHER HAS AN EFFECT ON THE CONGESTION RESULTING FROM SINUS WOES. CHRONIC RHINITIS IS A PAIN IN THE BUTT. HOPE YOU DON'T GET ANY FLOODING AND STAY DRY!!

LAURA....JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU A FUNNY...THE TECH WAS HERE FOR THE PCS IN THE OFFICE...HE IS WONDERING IF MY WHEELCHAIRS ARE HAVING AN EFFECT ON THE COMPUTER AND WIRELESS STUFF. BECAUSE I SIT ON 24 VOLTS WORTH OF OF BATTERIES AND HE SAYS IT'S QUITE AN ELECTRIFIED FIELD
  • Mel
    To funny about the wheelchairs causing problems with the computers. What a good excuse to stay out of the office. It's 50degree's lin Jersey but it's 33 degree's here. It smelled like snow this morning.

Happy
    Our tuplip tree's which have large pink blooms are beautiful. I think cherry tree's have small pick blooms.
    I need to call and make an appointment with the gyn. It will be two years-due to the sinus surgery.

Laura,Shad, and Ellen have a goodo day.

Annie
    Hope you are feeling better.

It's back to work for me this morning. I didn't really want to get up. Kept having a continuing dreams about the Germans invading the U.S. All they wanted was food.
  • I'm still sick...but getting a little better. I slept a lot yesterday...then I insisted that DH and I get together with our friend in Chicago as we had planned. I slept all the way there and home. We had a good time though. Today, I've got to wash the work clothes...and *maybe* do a bit of website work. Right now, I'm waiting for another work team to approve the reports I created so that I can go back to bed. I reviewed them after they ran this morning and they look good. Hopefully they don't find any issues with them.

Happy - Congrats on 34 years!!!

I'll write more later....I'm REALLY exhausted and need to go back to bed.
  • I'm back, but tired, and headachy. We had a screamer on the last flight. Children - well some of them anyway - should be tranquilised before being allowed on a plane.

I'll be back tomorrow.
  • Oh and Mel - happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Mellie, happy birthday to you.
  • Happy Birthday Mel!!
    Happy Birthday, Mel!!

Hope you have a WONDERFUL day!!

• SO MUCH TO DO THIS MORNING AND I AM STILL SLEEPY. MUST BE ALL THIS DARK WEATHER. ON SATURDAY RICHIE ROASTED A SMALL TURKEY AND WE ATE GOOD ALL WEEKEND. YUM! JEN IS FEELING BETTER AND I FEEL PRETTY GOOD MYSELF. SO I THINK I CAN SAY THIS RELAXING WEEKEND WAS A SUCCESS.
    I BETTER GET MOVING HERE. THE FASTER I BEGIN, THE FASTER I GET DONE. HAVE A SUPER DAY

CEEJAY....HOPE THE WORK WEEKS IS GOOD AND YOU HAD NO FLOODING OVER THE WEEKEND. WE'LL ALL BE BUILDING ARKS SOON!!

MICHELLE...HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AND MAYBE CAN WORK FROM HOME A BIT. HOW DID ALL THE TEST GO IN THE END!

SHAD.... HOME!!! YOU MADE ME LAUGH WITH TRANQUILIZED CHILDREN. WITH KIDS....IT'S MAINLY EAR ISSUES AND NOP ONE TREATS THEM BEFORE BOARDING!!!! GLAD YOU'RE BACK IN ONE PIECE AND HOPE THE ACHY FEELING LEFT. THANKLS FOR THE BD WISHES ANOTHER YEAR JUST FLEW BY!!
  • THANLS SHELLY!!! YOU SNUCK IN THERE!! HOPE TODAY YOU'RE FEELING BETTER BUT I SEE THE WEATHER IS NOT COOPERATING!!