Engaged!

• My boyfriend proposed, Monday night. I'm still in shock. I'm so happy, I wanted to share it with my friends on here. *does happy dance*
  • Congrats! That is so wonderful. Are you comfortable sharing details? How did he propose? How long have you been dating? Are you thinking an at home wedding or destination.
  • I live in Canada, he's in Southern Illinois (I'm visiting for Christmas). We've been dating since October 2007, we met online. I was just heading from the bedroom (where my laptop is) to the kitchen to start dinner for us on Monday night, and he took my hand and hugged and kissed me in the hallway. He told me that I'm the most wonderful woman in the world and that he was lucky to have found me. Then he got down on one knee, pulled the box out of his pocket and said "Sarah, will you marry me?". It was so romantic and sweet. We were both crying. It's a beautiful white gold diamond solitaire, I'll post a pic as soon as I find my sd card reader in my luggage.
    As for the wedding itself, we haven't talked about it yet, we're both just giddy at the thought. It will be a second wedding for me, and a first for him. Most likely it will be down here, but not for a while though cause we'll have to sort out the immigration stuff. I've already been looking at simple white dresses though.
  • You just made me tear up! So happy for you!!! Congrats and enjoy all the happy feelings now and always!
  • Such a sweet proposal!! Congrats!!!!
  • Congratulations! I love December engagements!!! So romantic!
  • Congrats!!!!

My husband proposed on April Fool's Day . . . lol
  • Quote: I live in Canada, he's in Southern Illinois (I'm visiting for Christmas). We've been dating since October 2007, we met online. I was just heading from the bedroom (where my laptop is) to the kitchen to start dinner for us on Monday night, and he took my hand and hugged and kissed me in the hallway. He told me that I'm the most wonderful woman in the world and that he was lucky to have found me. Then he got down on one knee, pulled the box out of his pocket and said "Sarah, will you marry me?". It was so romantic and sweet. We were both crying. It's a beautiful white gold diamond solitaire, I'll post a pic as soon as I find my sd card reader in my luggage.
    As for the wedding itself, we haven't talked about it yet, we're both just giddy at the thought. It will be a second wedding for me, and a first for him. Most likely it will be down here, but not for a while though cause we'll have to sort out the immigration stuff. I've already been looking at simple white dresses though.
    Awwww that is so sweet! You just made me tear up

Congratulations
  • thanks for all the congrats ladies. I'm on cloud 9 here.

• Yay, congrats!
  • super hugs. It's great. I just got married in July and I still love that man.. lol. Congratulations. Lot to be excited about.
  • Oh my gosh, what a sweet story! Congratulations!
  • omg I love it, CONGRATS!!!
  • Awwwwwwwwwwwwww! Congratulations!