Christian Encourager's DECEMBER Thread ...

You're on Page 2 of 7
Go to
  • Hi, Everyone! I'm new to the site... and I'm glad to have found some brothers & sisters to chat with. I'm a work-at-home mom to twin boys (who will be 1 year old on 12/19). Life is crazy. But I keep reminding myself God doesn't give us more than we can handle. :-)

Looking forward to meeting all of you in the days & weeks ahead.
  • Java! Hopefully, you'll find this a wonderful place-I know there are some really great, supportive people here. Glad to meet ya'!

Well, I'm here just killing time right now, as I really have nothing to say. Going to go make cookies in a bit, so I can send some to DS2 in a finals' week care package. So, PRAY FOR ME!!! I'm actually doing really good at not eating things that used to tempt me, but chocolate chip cookie dough is something I can never resist, so I'll just be sure to have only one or two bites and not a half a bowl

I really don't know what made the turnaround for me with the emo eating, but one of my friends dad died a couple weeks ago of cancer and I spent a lot of time crying for her and her family and I think it may have been the 'cleansing' I needed. It was good for me to have someone else to talk to and know exactly how I had felt when my dad passed and to be supportive for her as well. And, now, with the holiday season here, I have just given myself permission to cry whenever I feel I need to (like at Walmart yesterday when something reminded me of dad) and not try to act like I'm happy and problem-free all the time. We all know that's false anyway, so I'm dealing with my feelings realistically. And, with God's help, I've now lost over 7 pounds since last Monday and I'm far from starving myself

Well, I must get to work and, for some reason, I'm not hearing DS3 moving, so must be needing to roust him a bit Have a great day, everyone!!
  • Hey there Java WELCOME! I know you will like this group I love em! On my way to feed the animals.
    Oh, Harry my cat followed me and followed me yesterday and I got up to see about him last night and he met me at their cat condo door heard me coming, then I went out to feed him this morning and he had died in his sleep, did not look like he suffered a painful death , just died and he lived his life to his fullest ,now he is in God's hands and arms.

Last night i looked at him as he was following me by sound of my feet and I thought to myself or to God, it must be **** not being able to see but just look at the things you do see that people with eyesight does not see. It is like in the a poem I picked up,words by Robert Hunter,

There will come a time when the Blind man will take your hand and ,ask you don't you see? Don't give up, got to make it somehow on the dreams you still believe. Don't give up, Don't give up you've got an empty cup only love can fill, only love can fill

Rufuss (Harrys Big 25 pound buddy) is staying in tonight with me. Rufuss stood by his grave as I laid Harry in it and covered him up.
  • Java,welcome and good luck!
    Bootsie, sorry to hear about your cat.
  • In need of support
    Hello,
    My name is Cindy and I'm 35 years old. I've been struggling for the past few years to commit to a plan and lose weight. This past month I really gave the Atkins diet a really good try. I was proud of myself for sticking with but it didn't work for me. Normally I would give up but this time I decided that maybe I just needed to switch plans. I considered WW but hubby and I can't afford that until next month. I found a Curves diet book at the library. I'm going to give it a try.

It really helps me to be able to chat about this. I didn't really find a specific place here for the Curves diet. I found this place and I hope I can join in.
  • Hello Cindy and welcome. Cindy I know all about struggling and I have switched diets so many times and I always end up back to First Place. The doctor told me to try the Atkins diet , well you really have to exercise a-lot to be on it to work and my friend made me walk 3 miles every morning which was great. I lost 15 pounds on it Then I went to First Place and lost 75 pounds in a year and a half. Weighing each week in front of one person helps you to loose too, do you know someone who will do that for you? They do have an online Outlook ministry, I have a thread on it down below if you would like to check it out. I have rejoined and right now they are busy picking me up and getting me going again. I ordered my Bible Study yesterday and I like the title; Walking in Grace. Let me tell you girl it is not easy at all loosing weight on your own. Here I turn in my eating , exercise ect... I will let you know how I am doing at the end of January but I expect with all the support I will get that I will loose weight. I have curves book also somewhere, it does look good ,are you going to a curves or you doing the exercises they describe in the book at home? When you post enough , what you might do , is start a thread and ask anyone if they are doing curves or would like to start, just a suggestion, you never know there maybe someone here on curves. The best of luck Cindy and I will see if I can find my curves book also. Have a wonderful day.

Thank You Bargo, I turned Rufuss in the house with the Siamese twins and he don't much care for the little trouble makers. He laid on the back of the chair all night but wanted out twice , so I let him . I think he kinda likes being back in the house if it wasn't for the twins.
  • Thanks Bootsie for the warm welcome and the tips.

I will try posting on a main board and see if there are others doing the diet.
    I'll check out First Place also. It sounds interesting.
  • to JAVA ~ those twins will keep you busy running for sure; and that will help keep you in shape, no doubt ...

CINDY ~ I don't know much about the CURVES Diet; I have only heard about the place they go to exercise, but I have heard that they do offer advice about eating too. Best wishes on your new journey ...

BOOTSIE ~ sorry to hear about HARRY, your cat -- but we know that he is at peace and not suffering in any way in KITTY HEAVEN ...

HI RONNIE ~ on losing those 7 LBS FOREVER!!! I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better; yes, your friend knows exactly what you have been & are going through, and that can be so helpful. The word says that we are comforted so that we can comfort others who are going through the same thing; and some day you will be able to comfort others who are passing through the same experiences as you too. GOD IS AWESOME, and HE knows how to send just the right people into our lives at the right time to help us ...

BARGOO ...

It has been very cold here with lots of blowing wind & snow the last few days but we think that it is finally letting up a bit. We actually saw a little today; that was sooo very nice. We are supposed to get some more tomorrow too.

I cleaned off our front porch today; the snow I mean. That is one way for me to get a little extra exercise in the wintertime. DH does the end of the laneway so we can get out, but the porch is my domain. It felt really invigorating, despite the cold. We have to get a different kind of ice salt as our laneway is all ice again; the other kind just isn't working well enuff. I want to go out for a walk but need something like rock salt, I think.

Ate well today (yesterday afternoon, notsogood); am glad that the LORD helps me pick up even when I don't do as well as hoped. I figure that over the week one slip will average out in the end. I got all my Christmas Cards done yesterday; and just have few gifts to do for the mail -- I'm getting there.

We are having a few friends here for Christmas Day; we have an invite for a small gathering on Christmas Eve and on Boxing Day. Hope we get nice weather this year; and everyone is feeling well this year too.

I have been doing a bit of reading in the evening; I read one Christmas romance story -- now I'm reading a Christian book about the blessings of humor and Joy in our lives. Last night I did my emails; it takes longer with this machine, so I have to spread things out a bit.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week; do take good care ... ROSEBUD
  • Hi GALS ~

Angie and I are watching TV old reruns....Wonder Years/Doogie Howser and Happy Days....

catching up here during commercials while she multi-tasks Christmas cards and Baby shower cards.....

Welcome FAITHISTHEKEY and JAVADESIRE....

Good to have you visit and JAVA, my step-d's birthday is 12/19!

Be good
  • Welcome, Cindy! Hope you enjoy it here as much as I have

Bootsie-sorry about your kitty. He must have known he only had a few more hours, so he wanted to spend it with you

Well, DH made it through the first week on nights which turned into early, early days for training on startups, so now he has 7 days off unless, of course, he gets called in for training again. We actually went Christmas shopping together last night for the first time in years-I usually have to do it all myself. OK, well, he's really not that much help, but at least he was there

Must get something done here now, so ttfn!
  • HI GALS

I am off work today, gives me a chance to do my Saturday chores early Not too much to do though as I have been real slow at work and usually have most of the yard and house done as the week goes along....Angie and I don't make much of a mess but oh my these golden's of mine They leave their toys everywhere....should have taught them to pick-up after themselves when they were puppies

Not much going on around here really. No major issues...which is a good thing Angie and I have a party at her principal's house to go to tomorrow evening. Should be fun and lucky me 'cause Angie usually doesn't want to stay late at these things....usually gone by 9pm.

The weather here has been very nice this week, might even get into the 80's this week-end. Still cool mornings but I am back to wearing a sweatshirt to walk the dogs and not my jacket. We are weenies here when it comes to "weather"

I came ~ posted ~ read ~ prayed....will return soon
  • hi everyone, just wanted ot ask if you could say a little prayer for me and hubby. He got laid off last may and his EI benefits ran out and we are broke. I have a good job but living expenses are expensive even when you have no debt cept a car payment. he was on SSD and lost his benefits alomost three years ago so we moved to canada ( I am canadian) cause I can make more money here. We are applealing his SSD but it has been three years and they recently lost his file etc etc. Please pray for a job for him or his benefits to be reinestated. He is bi polar with anxiety disorder. Started a new job a month ago and only lasted 2 weeks due to daily panic attacks. I have dealt with stress int eh past by eating. I dont want to do that anymore. I would apprecieate your prayers. THank you.
  • Ashley, praying for you and hubby that the perfect solution will be found.
  • Got'cha covered ASHLEY
  • Praying for you and your husband Ashley.