WW 20-Somethings December Thread

You're on Page 2 of 9
Go to
  • Yeah, you are still a member, so I don't see a problem. Maybe if you called first? That way if something comes up you didn't drive all the way out there for nothing?

My camera needs new batteries. No fun!
  • I'm down to 298.6!!

So I lost the gain...and then 2.4 more pounds. Thank GOD!!!!

I'm really excited about this new plan. I think it's going to be great.
  • Woohooo! Awesome, Mel! I knew you had it in ya to plow right through to the 200s! Congrats

I have to admit to being a bit scared . Like Ade, I am into fruit big time! I could go a day or more just eating that.
  • Congrats Mel!
  • thanks for the help girls! i actually bought the materials on ebay. so they should be here soon, once my e-check clears anyhow.
    mel-yay! i knew with all your hard work it just wasn't right. congrats on your awesome loss!
  • Howdy, ladies!

Hope this week is treating everyone well. I have my first meeting post-new plan tonight. This is my fourth day on it. And I'll be honest, I've tracked everything, didn't go over, etc., but being broke (pay day was today!) didn't help with making "good" choices. Also, I went to my last meeting on Sunday, before having eating, and my meeting tonight is at 4pm. So, I'm going in with a smile, and gain/maintain/loss, I'll still be leaving with a smile! I'm feeling really optimistic.

This weekend is going to be nuts. I've got three papers (an eight pager, a ten pager, and an approx seven pager) to finish up. Actually, to start, period, and then finish up. And next weekend will be nuts, too, as I have five final exams the following week. Two weeks from tonight and I'll be done with my undergraduate work. I just can't believe it. I'm really excited. Especially since I know I do better with dieting when I don't have the pressure of school.

Hope all is well. It's finally warming up here in southern Cali. It's been freezing and windy for several days, but finally today I'm warm enough with just a light sweater. Have a good one!!
  • Ade- great attitude. And I am glad to hear it is warming up down there! It is still freezing up here and I hoping we get some of that warmth!
  • I'll try to blow some heat up your way! The only positive aspect of the cold is that my cat actually likes to cuddle with me. Otherwise, he will have nothing to do with me! Cats are so moody.
  • Awwww, I have a cat that can be like that too. But he is getting much lovier the older he gets.
  • Isn't that funny about cats? My parents have three cats. Two were mean, not just antisocial, but mean when they were younger. Now they are 10+ years old and they are so sweet. So I'm pretty sure he'll become sweet. He's not mean, he's just not social.
  • It is funny. My cat has progressively gotten sweeter over time. After talking with my husband (who the cat doesn't like as much as me) we discovered that he is about a year behind in the level of sweetness he gets from the cat. About 2 years ago my cat started a morning ritual of cuddling when I got up and it was just me and him. Just this year he started doing the cuddling thing with my husband but only on rare occasions. It's cute. and I can't believe I just wrote that much about my cat. lol I could probably go on forever like a crazy cat lady.
  • haha, that is funny. My cat will still have nothing to do with my boyfriend. If he's over, the cat won't even approach me. But he only comes over MAYBE once a week, so it's not a regular thing. That might be part of it. I love my cat. I got him when he was just two days old, full of fleas, with no mommy cat. He kind of goes wherever I go, except my boyfriend's house. He'll go with me to my parents, and when I moved into my grandpa's for college, he came with me. The first couple of years I took him home to my parents every weekend. Then I went to Canada for a year and he stayed at my parent's. I was afraid he would forget me, but he didn't. Yeah, I am destined to be the crazy cat lady. Because I wrote more than you.
  • cool, as long as I am not alone in my cat lady ways.
  • No, you sure aren't!

Not sure if anyone saw an earlier thread, but if you are looking for new recipes, go here: http://www.skinnytaste.com/
    They have some great stuff! Awesome website. I really need to get back into cooking. I'm not going to fool myself and think I can do it now, but starting in January. Perhaps over Christmas break, depending on what my family is up to (maybe I can get my mom to let me cook if she buys the ingredients muhahahaha). But for sure after the new year. For now, I'll keep up with frozen dinners/simple and boring pork and veggies. Random thoughts.
  • I can't wait to try that Chicken broccoli bake thing. looks so yummy! I also have a goal of more cooking so we will have to share some recipes once you get started.