Old 12-01-2010, 10:44 AM   #1  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Default WW 20-Somethings December Thread

Oh hey! New month! Funny how a month change in the middle of the week throws one off.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Funny, I read the last updates in the Nov. thread and thought "ok but I am going to reply in the Dec. thread" but did I? NOoooo lol
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #3  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

I think I'll copy you... and post both places, haha!

And this crazy woman has knocked more hair off her head. To get any shorter. I'd have to get a crew cut. Just a warnin', haha. I think I am happy with it though... key word "think", . It will be a heck of a lot cooler for running around, so that's a yay, but I have "I look like a dude" fears still.

So, glasses for xmas, and then no more changes.

Side note, my brother wants to get another family photo done. So I think I'll take a pic of last years and then this years and post them to show the change. That old portrait is a BIG reminder of what I am doing. Ugh, I hate that portrait! I can't wait for it to be hidden away and replaced with the new one!

Last edited by zanheltangia; 12-01-2010 at 11:02 AM.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #4  

Well where are the pictures Zan!? Sounds cute though. Can't wait to see the side by side comparison from last year to this year.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Oh yes! I forgot about that. Pictures, I demand them Zan! I'm not sure why I'm so demanding the last few days. Oh well. I really look forward to seeing the two portraits. What a difference they will be!

kay - man, I was hoping you did! I was then hoping to find a website that has the points plus calculator for free (there are lots for the normal points), but I haven't found one. It would have been a pain because you'd have to do all your calculations at a computer, but if you eat similar stuff daily, it would have been okay (for me: oatmeal for bf, 4 pts. apple, pear, etc. 0 points. Pork, 4-5 pts. etc...easy to track when you eat the same stuff lol).

I only count my meeting weigh ins, but I occasionally (daily when things are going well and randomly when things are not) weigh in at home. The other day I saw 165...but that was when I wasn't eating much due to depression, so it was more of an empty stomach/post-hangover weight. BUT this morning I saw 167.8!!! So that's pretty exciting. Especially since I've been eating normally for a few days. I've haven't figured out exactly how different my home weight in the morning (naked, empty stomach) is from my weigh in at the meetings (clothed, 4pm). Looking at the last couple of months, WW has told me anywhere from 2-4 lbs more than my personal weigh in. So assuming (or crossing my fingers) that they'll tell me 2 lbs more this week, I might be at "normal weight" at my weigh in tomorrow. A girl can hope!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:59 AM   #6  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Height: 5'4"

so I go and weigh in tonight...hoping for no more gains!!

I'm excited to start the new plan too. I've heard a LOT of negativity on it...and I just don't get it. I think it's a great change from what I've heard.
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:01 PM   #7  

mmel - what negative things have you heard? I agree, it's a great change. Free fruit, can it get any better than that? (Okay, free chocolate cake or something else yummy would be great, but who am I kidding?) Good luck at weigh in!
Old 12-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #8  

I think it is just hard for people to change. Some of these people have been with the old plan for years and it was hard for them to really stick to it in the first place so the thought of changing to something different is probably just scary. From what I understand of the new plan I think it's great.

A couple years ago my husband and I knocked out ALL unnecessary bills. No cable, no netflix, bare minimum phone plans... the only thing we didn't get rid of was the internet. Now I have the hardest time agreeing to take on any sort of additional monthly bill. In a perfect world, right now I would be forking over the money to get a gym membership again, a trainer, a new phone/apps and a WW membership again. That's like $120 in bills a month right there. boo. One day I will convince myself that at least some of those things are worth it and start coughing up the money again.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 203/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmel3283 View Post
so I go and weigh in tonight...hoping for no more gains!!

I'm excited to start the new plan too. I've heard a LOT of negativity on it...and I just don't get it. I think it's a great change from what I've heard.
please post your weigh in! i have a feeling your last weeks gain was a fluke and i'm so curious now! i am waiting to see how you all like the program, i don't necessarily think it's a bad thing at all-in fact i almost joined online yesterday until i found out you can't pay through paypal with e-check and i didn't have any cash in there. i think i will transfer some from my bank acct so when if i decide to it's there.
does anyone know if you can stop by a meeting site and buy the dining out guide and complete food guide..and a calculator if you're just an online member? i like the materials in hand and i don't always have access to my laptop and i don't have a fancy cell with the app.
the main reason i want to join is because i have enjoyed the support and conversations here and want to be able to chime in with all of you.
jess jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #10  

jess - I'm not sure who they sell to or if you have to be a member (or if being an online member is good enough) to buy their products. I'll keep it in mind when I go tomorrow and I'll try to ask for you!!
Old 12-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Wave!

I'm new here! I am 25 and have been on WW (officially) for 2 weeks (starting my third week tomorrow). One week prior to joining, I did one week of counting points and doing everything correctly, I just hadn't actually paid the membership fees yet. Tonight will be my third weigh in. I don't have a scale at home.

I am a little worried because of Thanksgiving, but I didn't go overboard. I ate a ton of veggies and I didn't use many of my weekly points. I think I still have 18 weekly points. (This is going by the 'old' system because I haven't been introduced to the new system yet.)

Well, I guess I will come back after I weigh in tonight!
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #12  

Welcome MrsD!

Ade- just noticed your 5% goal... 3 times. Too funny. I am right there with ya. Although my stall has been pretty level, which amazes me, I am getting really tired of being at the same spot I was at in July! Ugh!! I am feeling all the motivation welling up so I am ready to bust through this plateau. Bring it on.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:03 PM   #13  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Height: 5'4"

A lot of people are freaking out about fruit being "free" because you're still eating the calories. Um...you were still eating the calories of the free veggies and wha not...just sayin'. Or that the points change they're going to gain weight. Weight Watchers is NOT going to make a plan to get us all to gain weight...It's just kind of bugging me.

I'm hoping it was just a quirky thing as well. I could have done a little better at Thanksgiving but didn't go over my flex points so I should be good. Plus I've been doing workouts at least 2x per week for a half hour.

I did this 10 min. ab thing on Sunday...thinking it wasn't that big of a deal...my ribs JUST stopped hurting...lol
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:28 PM   #14  

kay - I know! It's funny, but true. School really screwed me up. I did great over the summer. I'm feeling optimistic, though. I've eaten fast food this week, three times, actually (oops), but the different approach I'm taking right now is that just because I'm getting it, doesn't mean I can have whatever I want. Only diet soda and tea as the drink and one item (or something like a kid's meal). That's it. So far, it's going well. I'm not going over my points.
mmel - I know people fear change. And the free fruit thing confused a lot of people. My leader finally said "Guys, we didn't get fat from eating fruit." Makes sense. And it's a learning process. If you aren't going over your points, but aren't losing, you've got to evaluate how many 0 point items you are eating. But I love fruit. When I'm on track (over the summer), I was eating about 10 points of fruit each day. I almost don't know what to do with myself! Looking forward to seeing how your weigh-in goes!
Old 12-01-2010, 07:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 203/203/165

Height: 5'5

Jess - I am an online member and I stopped in and got the points calculator and dining companion, so you should be able to. They didn't even check my member status.
oppscdaizy is offline   Reply With Quote