Weekly Chat June 14-June 20

You're on Page 7 of 7
Go to
  • aliquot, I was looking at some pictures you posted in another thread ... do you have a sister or cousin named Rocki? One of the women looks just like someone I went to college with. Congratulations on the size 14!
  • I am for sure a newcomer here so I dont know what it used to be like, but I like the direction you all want to go in and I am totally on board!

So here's to the positive: you all are beautiful, inspiring women and I am so thankful that I've found a place like 3fc that gives me support and motivation!

have a FABULOUS weekend everyone! I'm off to surf 3FC a little more while I eat breakfast, and am then heading for a run and horseback riding!
  • theresac - YES!!! My sister is Rachael (Rocki)! I hope you don't mind, I stalked you on FB lol
  • Quote: And I pretty much never do personals because I'm a jerk and I feel stupid writing like "So and so - That sucks." because I'm just not a verbose person. I only comment if I ACTUALLY have something to say beyond two words, but that doesn't mean I don't read it.
    That's exactly how I am too, whether online or in real life. I only really say something if I have a lot to say about it. And if I see other people saying the same exact thing, I hate being the broken record.
    So if I have a long string of my own life going on, and I don't have any personals to mention, don't take it as me being disrespectful because that is NOT my intention AT ALL.

Also, I'll admit that I've been negative during the past week or two. I have no one to talk about this with in real life, so I feel that I'm alone. I know I can talk about this stuff here, but obviously to a minimum, or with a balanced positive. That's hard for me though, I have been nick named "Debbie Downer"

and that's the end of that.

I just got back from Harrisburg. I got to see so many people that I haven't seen since November, and my friend who is expecting next month is HUGE!! She's a tiny girl too so I have no idea how that kiddo is going to come out of her naturally! She's only gained 13lbs through the whole pregnancy...insane!!
    Now I'm just waiting for Greg to come over. My mom wants us to go out to dinner, but it's just so hot that I don't have an appetite. And I finally took a rest day today and didn't go to the gym. My left ankle and knee have been hurting recently, so I think I've been over doing it with the running.

Sam: It's always a bittersweet moment when you know that you can't shop at a store soon. It's great to go down in size, but when you love the clothes they sell, it's a bummer to see them go!
  • Quote:
    I remember when I first started on here - I was SO inspired by you - you were in the middle of your LONG plateau and while you were angry about it, you kept on trucking with your food plan and trainer and finally you got through it, it was just amazing to read about and it kept ME accountable.
    Aw :')

I hadnt really noticed the negativity. Personally, I think this time of year is especially tricky for a lot of people in the Northern Hemisphere- its summer, people are wearing less, and are facing the fact that maybe they dont look how they wanted to and it IS depressing and negative for them. Changing behaviour is hard and here all we can do is give support and information, but its really up to the people who have gone off track or not got what they wanted to change. I remember my supervisor at my last internship placement saying to me "Ghost, information is to behaviour change as spaghetti is to a brick"

I also save up things from Sunday to post on monday if I want a reply. I think thats ok

Maybe we should lead by example. Have our whinges, cries, desperations and TRY to make plans to change. I think its ok to come here and be like "i've tried everything and I dont know whats going on and I feel like **** and I just want someone to acknowledge my feelings". Its nice for people to say "i understand and ive been there, but remember *something positive*" I dont think it would be fair to say "ok everyone, no more whinning! you must have something positive to say!" because some people find that really hard. But I think that when things are going well we tend to not post as much about them, because they dont bother us! So maybe we need to take time in the day to think about positive things that have happened

And thats my 2 cents

Ok so here's my lead by positive example! Earlier in the week I over ate because I made an AWESOME DELICIOUS dinner and I've been working hard since then to get my weight down again. I was up by a kilo, now im only up by 200g and I have to be super careful today because I am going to my parents and they are going to make my favourite creamy, cheesy chicken pasta tonight and we have DND today which means heaps of sneaky tasty snacks will be on offer. So going to try hard to stay on plan. At the moment, my weigh in is where it should be for me to be at goal for my friends wedding in august so Im happy about that, even though my eating was not the best this week
  • Haley ~ Apparently there were tornado warnings and huge thunderstorms hitting the city one after the other. When we landed at like 4:15pm, it was pitch black and we were one of the last planes that they let land for like 2 hours. It was crazy!!! My friend who lives in Chicago said that windows blew out at the Sears Center because of the wind.

Icon ~ Good for you!!! As long as you're still on goal for your August weigh in, things are looking good. Keep rocking it

I am currently in Winnipeg. I really like this city. It's got great walking areas and we found a gelato place that had banana gelato, so it was a successful trip in my eyes LOL And the best part was that my friend and I were going to pull off to the side of the highway to take a picture of the "Welcome to Manitoba" sign....but they must have known we were eventually going to come one day because they had a little pull off spot right in front of it. Haha....we found it very helpful

Northern Ontario tomorrow!!
  • Banana gelato! That sounds epic! Theres this place in town that does award winning gelato, you make me miss summer

And DnD went well, had around 450 cals which is the size i would have for a normal lunch really so I still have 600ish for dinner, which i know is usually around 620 from previous calculations
  • Also, I always post when I feel down, but right now I've been looking at photos of friends last summer and I am feeling really motivated right now
  • Happy Fathers Day!

Yesterday for dinner my mom took greg and I to Whole Foods. They had this HUGE salad bar and heated food bar. Who knows how many calories were in everything, but everything was incredible! I took a little of everything that I wanted to try, and half of the stuff I didn't like so I only ended up eating half of what I got. They also had a key lime pie gelato with graham crackers in it...that was amazing too but just a bit too sweet.

Today I'm going to the gym, and then I'm visiting my dad for a couple hours. I have no idea what we're doing, probably just watch tv. Our visits are awkward sometimes. We'll talk for a good 5 minutes, and then just run out of things to say and just watch tv. But it's all good, he hasn't seen me in a while. I got graduation pictures done so I'm giving him a framed picture.

Icon: great job with keeping on track with the dinner! If my mom made my favorite dinner, I'd demolish it! haha
  • Icon - nice job not overdoing it! I would have totally gone overboard!

Samantha - have fun with your dad today! Mine is on the other side of the country in VA, so I'm surprising him with a skype video chat later today!

I went horseback riding yesterday for the first time in YEARS. It was really bittersweet. It was so weird for me to be riding and told what to do - not so much while riding but more like beforehand like don't get on the horse yet, wait here for the other riders before we go into the ring and mount....I spent 8 years doing whatever the **** I wanted with my own horse. The horse I rode looked exactly like my boy - I sold him about three years ago before I moved to LA - and I actually did pretty decent riding despite not having done it in so long. I might go back today to do the mandatory tack/lecture before starting lessons - yesterday was just an eval and then take a class on friday for my first day off.
  • Hello ladies!! Just a quick hi from me today because today is moving day!!!!!! thats right i'm going to be hauling stuff up and down stairs all day long. sounds like an AWESOME workout to me, woo hoo!!!! i'm so excited to live by the beach (jess - in pb!!! by mission bay) and have a big kitchen to cook in. even has a gas range

Sidenote - i'm not sure when i'll have access to internet again. i'll be back soon i promise!
  • i think i've cut down my addiction to junk food, its been in the house and i dont want any. i'm limiting how much soda i buy and my idiot brother actually is limiting how much i drink after he sucked down half a case while i was out yesterday. i even bought a 32oz water bottle that i keep handy if my kids havent swiped it lol. thats been really helpful with my cold (seriously thats been going on 2 weeks now i'm sick of being sick)
    took dad out for fathers day yesterday and the kids helped with my eating, well when they let me eat.
  • Samantha-sounds like you had fun at the whole foods place, is it actually whole foods? If so, you probably didnt over eat on a lot of terrible things, just things that are prettygood for you

Kate- sounds nostalgic I've always wanted horses. Maybe when I am rich and famous It sounds like a great way to get some fresh air though (lol I am hung up on getting fresh air at the moment, its winter and I miss getting outside!) When you had your own horse did you do shows and stuff?

jazzang- good luck with the move! Sounds like a great work out to me! Living by the beach! Awesome!

Lissa- sounds like your family is helping you out, whether you want them to or not Nice job on the junk food, its a hard habit to kick

I'm down to 63.8 this morning which means I am where I was last week and I am 200g ahead of my plans for the wedding in august Its a nice day today, so I'm going to watch the biggest loser until 10, go to the gym, meet up withmy bf for lunch and then head to work at 1:30. I'm craving a swim! But since its the middle of winter maybe not a good idea xD

Also, All Whites vs Italy, 1 all?! Craziness! I cannot believe it!
  • Hello Ladies!!

Haley - You know it girl - you will venture to Canada one of these days and I will take you for Potato Nachos and we will flaunt our skinny bums around the streets of Charlottetown!

Girls - So, I always wanted to wear those outfits, you know, with the tights and the long shirts, not so much a dress, but sorta! Anyways...I was going out last night big time so I wanted to buy something new and colorful and blah blah blah...well I try on the tights/shirt outfits all the time but never buy them because im embarassed that a big girl shouldnt be wearing such an outfit, however it was on sale hugely....and my friend dared me to do it! so I did, and I looked hot, and I had such a wonderful time!! I am so proud that I stepped out of my comfort zone and finally took a chance on "skinny girl" clothes!!!

Hey girls - Cheers to an upcoming positive week!!!! Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!
  • Samantha - was it your first time at Whole Foods? They have the calorie counts posted where I am, but that may be because its a county mandate. I'm sure it wasn't terrible.

Icon - I still giggle when I see you talk about DND, reminds me of the boys.

Jess - Good luck with the move!!

Jenny - YAAAY I started wearing those outfits when I was around your weight, I think they look great, and so proud of you for going outside your comfort zone.

Here's to positivity and staying on friggin plan.
    This weekend has been a wash, and that's fine...I wasn't just eating to eat, I was actually hungry, and it was odd. I blame my father (not really) for only having potato chips. Not his fault, I own it. And they were delicious. I'm going to be as good as I can be before Key West. I'm currently hard boiling eggs for breakfast this week, I went to the supermarket and bought only fresh stuff, and I'm getting up and working out tomorrow, Tuesday, Wednesday and bringing exercise stuff to Key West.

My motivation is gone, but I'm just pushing through it. TOM should be here any minute, and I think that explains why I was so friggin starving this weekend.

And now I have to clean my bathroom. Grr. When I got a black cat I didn't anticipate that her hair would stick to EVERYTHING.