June Weightloss Challenge

You're on Page 6 of 19
Go to
  • Back from my vacation & needing a June challenge. I lost a lot of ground on healthy living while I was away.

My goals:

1) Not smoke cigarettes. (I relapsed and smoked on vacation)

2) Rebuild my running, walking, and biking routine.

3) Weight goal - 130 pounds

I weighed in at 136 this morning, which is a gain of 5 pounds since vacation. I don't have the heart to adjust my ticker at this very moment. But on Monday, I plan to have an official weigh-in and adjust my ticker to reflect my actual weight.
  • I joined the May challenge, but unfortunately I did not get anywhere in May. I didn't even bother checking back in. Sorry about that, everyone.

June's been a different story so far, and I am determined to be consistent this month. I am going to aim for a ten pound loss. That will bring me to 208 pounds.

I started June at 218, as of this morning I was 215.8! 2.2 pounds down, 7.8 to go!
  • Well, I've been gone a few months, and there are lots of new faces in this challenge! Ms. P - You rock for keeping this thread going!!

DH and I have had had a rough go at life for the last few months, and I just couldn't put weight loss to the forefront of things. But most of it is settled and it's time to get back in gear!

So Ms.P can you put me down for 5 pounds for June and drink 64 oz of water every day please.

Starting weight is 159.2 this morning. I was down to 155, but my stress eating took over and ice cream has been my friend for the last few months.

So, here's to a great June! My b-day is also July 1 (saw someone else's post!) so, I'm hoping to get some o these pounds off by then! Also, I'm supposed to be running my first 5K in 2 weeks. I'm so not ready. But I will work hard for the next few weeks and do the best I can.
  • Hello ladies!
    Just wanted to check in today, Welcome back Nello! Glad you are putting yourself first again!

I went to lunch with some girls from work today, got the grilled chick sandwich no mayo and brought half of everything home (including the French Fries!) Yay, i feel like I am gettting some of my control back. anyways, gotta run for now, I am drinking water like i am a fish, so I am on track with my goals- Love you all! have an On-Plan day!
  • T_T I need help. The scale moved up instead of down this morning (even though I've been on plan), work is being really stressful, and there was a meeting in the conference room that left behind a lot of pastries in the kitchen. So far I've been good. I'm not hungry and I don't even particularly think those things look appetizing, but I'm still thinking about them. I know it's the stress. I need to distract myself!
  • wrdfrog-Just say no! You said it yourself. You aren't hungry and they're no that appetizing, so why waste calories on them? You can do it! Be strong! Hope the stress eases soon.

LE-Great job on the portions and choices! I'm impressed. Keep it up, chickie!

Nella-Very good to have you back! Now, hop back on the wagon and get comfy!

Scatterheart-Happens to the best of us. Time to regroup and make the most of June, right?

motivaredchickie-Glad to se you're back from vacation and getting back into good ahbits. Vacations sure have a way of making us drop all inhibitions and pick up bad habits, don't they? Well, I know you can get right back at it. Here we go!

urockmom-Not always, but there are definitely times when the bod is on a delay. I'm not sure why that is, but it can be a good motivator to keep at it since you get the positive reinforcement at irregular intervals. It keeps you hanging in there to see the next nice drop on the scale! LOL

I'll add the new list people in a bit. Time to go get the kiddies from school.
  • Good afternoon ladies. I just got back from the gym and had another wonderful workout. Right now I'm teetering on the edge of getting into the next decade (150's) and I'm just so ready for it. The 160's weren't nearly as bad as the 170's so I'm hoping the 150's will fly by even faster. I'm off to report my stats in the rest of my challenges and then I'm off to take a nap before work tonight. Hope you all have a wonderful day
  • June Weight Loss Challenge Goal List
    If there are any mistakes or updates, please let me know!
    Red=Goal Met!

Ms Perception: Reach and maintain under 133 lbs, Take multivitamin, Track food
    DoraUK: Log all food, Drink at least 1.5L water daily, Reach and maintain 116-120 lbs all month, Be at most 120 lbs for 6/26 graduation
    Vladadog: Reach 230 lbs
    NightAngel26: Lose 15 lbs by b-day, Eat out 1x or less/wk, pasta 2x/wk, Eat 6 c. fruits and/or veggies/day
    wrdfrog: Log calories daily, Stay below 1600 cals/day, Lose 6 lbs
    mizb1978: Lose 10 lbs, Drink at least 64oz water daily (shoot for 128oz)
    eclipse: Reach 216 lbs
    gottahlose: Take vitamins daily, Lose 8 lbs
    starbuck: Lose 10 lbs, Drink more water, Be totally vegan (no cheating)
    starchild: Eat 1400-1600 cals/day, Limit drinks to water, tea, or water/juice mix, No potato chips, Reach 225 lbs
    Quillie: Lose 3 kg, Buy new clothes in a regular store, Homemade ice tea instead of diet soda, Implant order
    Hopeful8: Lose 10 lbs
    ap90: Drink 2L water daily, Reach Overweight BMI, Lose 8 lbs
    susiemartin: Lose 8 lbs, Check-in daily
    MOM24QTS: Weigh under 150 lbs, Weigh-in daily
    Oh 2 be me: Lose 10 lbs, Switch coffee w/half & half for green tea
    InControl2Day: Reach 130 lbs
    TeaRose: Keep logging food, Make smart food choices, Lose 5 lbs
    MiniChick: Lose 8 lbs
    girlieyorkie: Lose 7 lbs
    Avezy44: Reach 200 lbs
    alyssarof2012: Keep the LR clean, Track food daily, Eat healthy 98% of the time, Lose 5-10 lbs, Drink at least 4 c. water daily, No soda
    eryn s: Lose 10 lbs
    goodnuff: Track all food and drink, Stay within WW points, Drink at least 64 oz water daily (aim for 110 oz), Lose at least 5 lbs
    Summer2010: Lose 7 lbs
    knobhdy: Lose 5 lbs
    Mellabella01: Track WW point, Lose at least 5 lbs, Drink water
    aluxa: Lose at least 3 lbs
    urockmom: Lose 7 lbs
    tamaraj: Get below 180 lbs, Continue to log food daily, Keep drinking 3L water daily
    bama girl: Get out of the 130's, Try 1 healthy new recipe each week, Keep drinking at least 64 oz water daily
    VickieLou: Lose weight, Reach 229 lbs
    KimL1214: Lose 11 lbs
    onestar: Lose 8 lbs, Check-in daily
    MissChief: No food after 9:30 p.m., Measure breakfast cereals
    LouisaH: Lose 10 lbs
    Terre: Lose 13 lbs
    Lewisempire: Log food daily, Drink 64 oz water or tea daily
    Lostmyself: Lose 1 lb/wk, Keep up food diary, Don't be a slave to numbers
    motivatedchickie: No smoking cigarettes, Reach 130 lbs
    Scatterheart: Lose 10 lbs
    Nella: Lose 5 lbs, Drink 64 oz water daily
  • ~daily check in~

was ok with food today. didnt get in my work out. tomorrow i will do better. so glad tomorrow is friday.
  • Check In Time -

Still OP
    Yesterday I had major temptation with some rice pudding I made my husband.

I managed to resist it.
    Good thing too - because with me one thing ALWAYS leads to another.
    And first thing you know, I've eaten the WHOLE thing - about 30 servings.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Sorry - Double post.
  • I mean to check in more often but so busy here......

Anyhow......Started at 158, at 155 this morning already! Maybe I can make my goal by month end??? I am soooo excited and eager for it. Going to get my @-- back to the gym on Monday too.....registered for a 5k on Canada Day! I hope they don't have to carry me over the finish line!

Have a great weekend all!
  • Good morning! The scale still isn't budging, but I'm sticking to my guns. I have felt a little discouraged but I'm not going to let that stop me. I feel much better when I'm living healthier.

Also, thanks MsP! I managed to resist the temptation at the office. Thanks for the pep talk!
  • I bought clothes at a regular store! shocking, but true. I spend the first half of the day hanging around the other stores, but everything was too big. In the end I bought a t-shirt size L, which doesn't really fit, but will fit soon. (it would fit if I wasn't so self-conscious about skin hanging around me, I'm a melted candle)
  • TOM has knocked me up a full pound during the last couple days and I expect to see at least another pound add on, BUT I am counting on that disappearing as TOM ends as I have been doing much better with food. Second degree sunburn with blisters has slowed up the exercise piece as my blisters quadrupled in size yesterday when I went for a brisk walk (sweat adds to them I guess)... so I will have to wait until my skin soaks up the blisters before jumping back into exercise. Hopefully starting the C25K challenge on Sunday, may postpone to Monday, depends on blisters!!! TGIF!!!