IP Thread April12-18

You're on Page 11 of 31
Go to
  • Had my Week 5 weigh in. I am down 4 lbs!!! I am so close to seeing the 170's and that was just a dream not so long ago! I love this diet. I feel like a new woman
  • Quote: Had my Week 5 weigh in. I am down 4 lbs!!! I am so close to seeing the 170's and that was just a dream not so long ago! I love this diet. I feel like a new woman
    woohoo! Great job Carla!
  • Quote: I am now a proud member of Onderland!!!!

Congrats San! Great loss!
  • Just used the Ketostix for the 1st time. I guess that would be great if I knew which way is the way I need to be! I matched "Moderate" perfectly. So do I want to go lighter (towards trace) or darker (towards large)???
  • Quote: I'm new at this so please bare with me....I have been on the IP diet not quite a year ago. It worked, but I didn't stick with it because of the $$$. Now I want to try again for a couple of reasons....1st, because I lost weight on it and felt great!! Second, I'm going to have my knees replaced in a couple of months and feel that loosing some weight first will add in the recovery. My question to you is....does anyone know, can I use this diet during the days I am having the surg? I hate to be on it then off and back on again. What are your thoughts? I am 5'1" tall and weigh 205#.
    I don't see any reason why you could not follow the diet during your surgery days. You will need to discuss everything with your doctor and coach and maybe take some IP packets to the hospital with you so you can have the correct food to eat. We do have a few nurses on the forum and maybe they will chime in and make some recommendations for you.

Good luck with your knee surgeries and good luck with your weight loss. Your knees will definitely recover better with less weight to carry.

Welcome to the forum! This is a great group of women and a few guys to help you along your journey.
  • Quote: Just used the Ketostix for the 1st time. I guess that would be great if I knew which way is the way I need to be! I matched "Moderate" perfectly. So do I want to go lighter (towards trace) or darker (towards large)???
    Kelsey, In my opinion trace to moderate is sufficient. I think whatever you are doing is working great!
  • Quote: Had my Week 5 weigh in. I am down 4 lbs!!! I am so close to seeing the 170's and that was just a dream not so long ago! I love this diet. I feel like a new woman
    Way to go! Keep up the good work. You inspire me.
  • Quote: Kelsey, In my opinion trace to moderate is sufficient. I think whatever you are doing is working great!
    So "less" is better?
  • Quote: So "less" is better?
    I thought it was the other way around??? Now I'm confused....
  • Quote: Just used the Ketostix for the 1st time. I guess that would be great if I knew which way is the way I need to be! I matched "Moderate" perfectly. So do I want to go lighter (towards trace) or darker (towards large)???

Darker - my Husband can do it so easily. I never get past trace. But I'm still losing on IP.
  • Quote: Darker - my Husband can do it so easily. I never get past trace. But I'm still losing on IP.
    Okay, so darker is better! I screwed up tonight and had maple oatmeal, after eating salt & vinegar chips for lunch (2 restricted items in 1 day acckkkk)!
    Hey Kelsey! Moderate is great. You definetely don't want to try to go lower. I have been all over the board with trace, small and then large, but I figure it all means I am in Ketosis. Thanks for the kind words to me
  • Quote: I'm new at this so please bare with me....I have been on the IP diet not quite a year ago. It worked, but I didn't stick with it because of the $$$. Now I want to try again for a couple of reasons....1st, because I lost weight on it and felt great!! Second, I'm going to have my knees replaced in a couple of months and feel that loosing some weight first will add in the recovery. My question to you is....does anyone know, can I use this diet during the days I am having the surg? I hate to be on it then off and back on again. What are your thoughts? I am 5'1" tall and weigh 205#.
    No knee replacements, but I've had 3 knee surgery's on the left and 1 on the right. Always good idea to be your healthy best before surgery. I have been in the hospital with my Husband who had major surgery 4/5. We were supposed to leave today, but his sodium was too low and they said he could have a seizure. Also, his potassium and magnesium got low and they had to give them to him thru his IV. Since IP lowers your potassium, sodium and constipates you, all three minerals are critical. Check with your Doctor!!!!

I always lose weight when I get operated on cause I don't feel like eating.
    awesome job! I bet you look terrific!|
  • Quote: Okay, so darker is better! I screwed up tonight and had maple oatmeal, after eating salt & vinegar chips for lunch (2 restricted items in 1 day acckkkk)!
    Whether, dark or light, I've heard you are in ketosis. If it is on the light side, it just means that you are well hydrated and if you are on the dark side, you are not hydrated enough. That's how I have always understood it.