Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #2

You're on Page 20 of 34
Go to
  • You are more helpful than you know!
    Quote: Sorry, Pepper. This sounds SO rude and I was going to say something else but thought I lost the post so I sent the next, abbreviated one. What I started to say is I often find recipes that are pretty easy to adapt.

(Boy, it's pathetic when you start quoting yourself. )
    Linden, I always enjoy reading your posts! No apology necessary! You are extremely gifted at communicating your thoughts, and I am most appreciative of your experience with IP as well as your willingness to share!!
  • I saw this on the Food Channel today and looked up the recipe. It looks like it is good for Phases 1-4.

Lemon Chicken Soup
    Recipe courtesy Claire Robinson, 2010

.Prep Time:10 minInactive Prep Time:--Cook Time:50 minLevel:
    EasyServes:
    4 to 6 servings.Ingredients
    •1 large head garlic, cut in 1/2 horizontally through cloves
    •6 cups low-sodium chicken stock
    •1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, plus thin slices for garnishing
    •2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves, plus more for garnishing
    •Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
    •2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, preferably organic, cut into bite-size pieces
    Directions
    Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Put the garlic halves, cut side down, on a sheet of aluminum foil on a rimmed baking sheet. Add 2 tablespoons chicken stock and wrap the foil around the garlic, keeping the cut sides flat on the sheet tray. Roast until the garlic is very soft, about 30 minutes. Remove the garlic from the oven and let stand until cool enough to handle.

Squeeze the soft garlic from the head with your fingers into a large saucepan. Whisk in 1 cup of the stock to loosen the garlic paste and put the pot over medium-high heat. Add the remaining stock, lemon juice, and chopped tarragon; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and add the chicken. Cover and cook until the chicken is just cooked through, about 9 to 12 minutes.

Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with thin slices of lemon and a sprinkle of fresh tarragon leaves.

• Quote: Firehouse Marinade for Steak or Chicken

3/4 cup low sodium Soya Sauce
    3/4 cup water
    2 tsp Olive oil
    1 tsp Lemon juice
    2 - 4 dashes of Hot sauce (I use Franks Red Hot)
    1 tbsp Montreal Steak Spice
    3 tbsp Splenda Brown Sugar blend or regular Splenda will work
    3 - 4 cloves crushed Garlic

Mix all ingredients together in large bowl. Put steak or chicken in large container or ziplock bag add marinade and let sit for 4 hours or overnight.

My wife and I call it Firehouse marinade because we got the recipe from a friend who is a fire fighter and they use this marinade all the time at work.

Enjoy
    Wow, this sounds great!!!! I'm going to try this one and share it with some friends. I never would have thought of brown sugar flavored splenda. Someone else just mentioned root beer flavored stevia today to make a float. Love this forum!!! Happy Sunday
  • Quote: Wow, this sounds great!!!! I'm going to try this one and share it with some friends. I never would have thought of brown sugar flavored splenda. Someone else just mentioned root beer flavored stevia today to make a float. Love this forum!!! Happy Sunday
    Keep in mind that the brown sugar splenda is still half real brown sugar. You're still getting 4 carbs per teaspoon.
  • Celery Root Remoulade
    CLASSIC CELERY ROOT REMOULADE
    Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2007
    Rated: 5 stars out of 5 Prep Time: 20 min Level: Easy
    Yield: about 1 quart, 4 to 6 and 1 cup dressing

Ingredients
    • 1 medium celery root (celeriac), 12 to 16 ounces
    • 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
    • 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
    • 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
    • 3 tablespoons hot water
    • 1/2 cup olive oil
    • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
    • Freshly ground white pepper
    • 2 tablespoons finely chopped mixed soft herbs, such as parsley, chives, thyme, marjoram
    • 1 teaspoon minced gherkins
    • 1 teaspoon minced drained capers
    Directions
    Working quickly, peel the celery root and cut into chunks. Grate finely in a food processor fitted with the shredding blade and immediately toss with the salt and lemon juice. Set aside.
    Place the mustard in a mixing bowl and, while whisking, slowly drizzle in the hot water. When the water is completely incorporated, drizzle in the oil, little by little, until completely incorporated. Add the vinegar, little by little, to form a smooth emulsion and season with white pepper. Stir in the herbs, gherkins, and capers. Add the dressing to the celeriac, to taste. Serve immediately or allow to sit, refrigerated, in a nonreactive airtight container, for 2 hours and up to 2 days.
  • Diet Drinks
    Quote: I just wanted to point out that on the IP plan we are not allowed alcohol or soda (diet or otherwise)
    IP company rep indicated that Stevia sweetened soda are ok but use sparingly as to not encourage continued affinity for sweet tasting beverages over water.
  • Quote: this is a recipe I make at home for fajitas that I eat on IP.

2 tsp Olive Oil
    seasoning (Sea Salt & Pepper)
    1/2 cup Onion
    1 cup Green Pepper (you can mix in Red, Orange & Yellow Peppers if you so choose but remember we can only use them occasionally)
    1/2 cup Cucumber sliced
    2 tbsp Salsa (optional)
    Ice Burg Lettuce

Chop the Peppers into long, thin strips. Cut the onion lengthways and then into slices so you have semicircular shaped slithers.

Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, and lightly fry the Green Pepper and Onion together with seasoning for around 2 minutes on high heat mixing/tossing continuously. Then take off the grill (you do not want to over cook the onion and cause it to carmelize)

Take a leaf of ice burg lettuce to use as a tortilla, add the green pepper and onion mixture with some cucumber and some salsa then wrap and enjoy.

***You can also add if you wish your 5oz of Beef or Chicken or 7oz of Shrimp***
    I love fajitas and also make a version of this. Crepes make fantastic tortilla shells!
  • Hi everyone, I seen on the forum somewhere for baked apples. I am wondering if having them is within the protocol?? I think having baked apples with a little cinnamon, nutmeg, splenda and spray becel should be ok??? Any thoughts on this??
  • Quote: Hi everyone, I seen on the forum somewhere for baked apples. I am wondering if having them is within the protocol?? I think having baked apples with a little cinnamon, nutmeg, splenda and spray becel should be ok??? Any thoughts on this??
    What phase are you on?
  • Quote: What phase are you on?
    Hi, I am on phase 3...down over 115 lbs.... and was quite interested in having baked apples for my fruit option to go with my breakfast options!! Any info...anyone?
  • Quote: Hi, I am on phase 3...down over 115 lbs.... and was quite interested in having baked apples for my fruit option to go with my breakfast options!! Any info...anyone?

Congratulations. And we just covered this topic. The answer is yes, and it's easier and cheaper to microwave them in plastic wrap so the steam can vent.
  • Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any recipes for salsa? Thanks!
  • Wanted to post this link...will post it on the recipe thread as well. I really like turnip chips with sea salt and a bit of black pepper but was having problems getting them to crisp up like chips (probably inpatient..grin).

I want to try salting them first to draw out the water before baking.

Hope this is helpful.

http://www.helium.com/items/1447708-...egetable-chips
  • miracle noodles or tofu shirataki noodles
    I am quoting from the Hungry Girl newsletter from 1/14/11

"Pasta Swappin' with Tofu Shirataki
    We talk about this guilt-free noodle substitute all the time. Not everyone loves it but, if prepped properly, this stuff can be a phenomenal ingredient. PLUS, a whole bag has just 40 calories!

Top Tips:
    * Rinse the noodles well. A strainer makes this a cinch.

* After rinsing, use paper towels to blot away as much moisture as you can. Dry them THOROUGHLY. This is the most important step in the process.

* Snip the noodles up a bit with kitchen shears; they're SUPER-LONG. You can do this while they're still in the strainer.

* Heat the noodles, either for a minute in the microwave (and then blot them again) or briefly in a skillet on the stove. This will get rid of any remaining liquid. And the drier you can get them, the more pasta-like in texture they become.

* The noodles taste best in creamy and/or thick sauces, which coat the noodles well; plain tomato sauce just isn't the best option."
  • Brocolli and Onion
    This has to be the easiest Recipe yet!
    Chop up Brocolli into bit size pieces..
    Dice onion.... to taste

top with WF Italian
    Dressing.
    Enjoy