The Worldlies March On Over to Mel's for Margaritas...

You're on Page 9 of 22
Go to

• FROM THE SOUNDS OF IT WE COULD USE A THIRSTY THURSDAY!!

ANNIE...HEY GIRL I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY. SENDING A PRAYER FOR YOUR DAD AND HUGS FOR ALL OF YOU I HOPE THEY FIND OUT WHAT'S WRONG RIGHT AWAY AND FIX IT!!! GLAD YOU HAD A FEW HOURS OF FUN WITH THE DINNER.

MICHELLE....NO FUNKS ALLOWED ON 3FC HOPE YOU ZUMBA YOUR WAY BACK TO HAPPINESS. AND HAVE A GREAT ME DAY. ONE DAY SHOULD BE ALL ABOUT MICHELLE AND WHAT SHE NEEDS TOO.

JEANETTE....SO GLAD TO HEAR YOKU HAVE 4 DAYS OFF. HOW GREAT IS THAT!!! HAVE A GREAT TIME. I LOVE LONG WEEKENDS AND YOU KNOW

HAPPY....WOW! WHAT A LONG DAY AND A SORE BUTT TO BOOT! WHEN YOU GO TO THE BOTANICAL GARDENS...SNIFF SOME FLOWERS FOR ME TOO! I MISS FLOWERS. SENDING A GOOD THOUGHT OUT TO YOUR DH. I REALLY HOPOE HE FINDS SOME RELIEF FROM MR. NEEDLES. SO MANY PEOPLE I KNOW HAVE....NOW HOPING DH CAN. ONCE HE GET'S PAINFREE I AM SURE HE'LL HELP YOU KEEP THAT FOOT IN THE AIR

LAURA...ANOTHER FLOWER PERSON! HAVE A GREAT 1/2 DAY OFF AND YOU CAN SNIFF SOME FLOWERS FOR ME AS WELL. WHEN YOU ARE DONE DOING THINGS TO YOUR PLACE, YOU CAN COME AND DECORATE MINE THANKS FOR THE PREVIEW OF LEO'S FILM. CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO COME TO HBO.....BUT I LIKE ROMANCES THE BEST.

SHAD...SENDING A SISTER A HUG

GOOD M ORNING CHICKLETTES OF THE UNIVERSE.
    NOT MUCH TO REPORT HERE. PARDON ANY TYPOS. AS YOU CAN EXPECT...THE EYES ARE A BIT BLURRY TODAY HAVING A MELIDAY TODAY. OFFICE WAS TRULY BUSY WITH NEW LEASES FOR THE NEW YEAR. OURS BEGINS IN APRIL. RICHIE & JEN ARE IN COURT THIS MORNING TRYING TO ANSWER TO COMPLAINTS ABOUT CHILD SUPPORT FROM HIS EX. BUT A CHILD WELFARE PERSON IS SUPPORTING HIM AND SAYING THERE WAS A GLITCH SOMEWHERE IN THE COMPUTER WORKS. HE WAS IN ARREARS AND NO ONE TOLD HIM HIS ACCOUNT WAS "DRY". WE SENT THEM A CHECK FOR THE ARREARAGE(IS THAT A WORD?) AND TODAY'S COURT DATE SHOULD GO OK. I AM OFF TO PUIT FEET UP AND WATCH CARTOONS WITH THE GS....HE LOVES BOB THE BUILDER
    HAPPY THURSDAY!
  • Good Morning My Dear Worldies....

Here is the update.

Mom is doing ok and seems to be adjusting to the fact that dad cannot make it there every day. She just keeps repeating, "everything is a mess" we all try to reassure her it is not and could be a lot worse. She is a VERY negative person.

Dad didn't have a very good night as far as comfort and sleep. His enzyme test came back ok so they are going ahead with the stress test today. Docs have not yet found out why he is having irregular heartbeat YET. One thing they have found out is the battery in his pacemaker/defiberlator has gone bad, surgery is tentatively scheduled for tomorrow for replacement. The irregular heatbeat is what triggered the pacem/defib to activate and the battery being bad created extra issues. He is also fighting high blood pressure and keeping his diabetes in check.

Just put a pillow over my head if I get this way. My daughter said she would comply with my wishes. lol

Love the flower show....I would love to go...ours is this week and I have to miss it unfortunately. Dang the luck.

Have a great Thursday and thank you for all your well thoughts and prayers. I appreciate them--lots.

Love and Hugs
  • So very happy it's Thursday!!

I'm so happy! I'm taking tomorrow off. It was going to be a resting, relaxing "me" day, but it filled up with stuff pretty quickly. That's okay...it's still nice to have an extra day to get stuff done. I did an hour long Zumba class last night. The class was tough but not as tough as I'd feared. I modified some of the moves so I didn't hurt my back or knees. It was a lot of fun!! I'm looking forward to strength training and Zumba tonight, and more Zumba tomorrow night and Saturday morning!

Annie - Glad mom is doing more or less okay. I can imagine that with both she and now her husband being hospitalized it probably feels like "everything is a mess". Good thing she has her kids to keep reassuring her and supporting her. I hope the docs can figure out what's causing your dad's irregular heartbeat, and get it and the pacemaker/defib fixed ASAP.
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers all day long. Luvya, sista.

Laura - DH and I want to go to Navy Pier one of these trips down to Chicago. The stained glass window museum sounds pretty. Nice you are able to save a couple bucks with the coupon. Are you taking the train, bus or driving?

Shad - I hope you find your mojo. I'm sure it'll return soon.

Ceejay - Enjoy your time off! You've more than earned it with all the hours you've put in.

Mel - Thanks for the thirsty Thursday thirst-quencher! Ahhhhhh! The funk seems to be just about entirely gone. As for my day off...what was once a "me" day quickly became a run here, run there, do this and do that day! Sorry to hear the eyes are blurry. Enjoy your Meliday! I hope Jen and Richie do okay in court today.

Well, I should be getting some work done since I'm off tomorrow.

So tomorrow, I have a fasting blood test in the early am, followed by meeting with at least two painters. Then a meeting with a website client in the afternoon, followed by Zumba.

On Saturday, I'm going to do a dog sitting visit by 7 am, Zumba at 8 am, grocery shopping, and another dog sitting visit at noon. After that, DH and I are going to the fishing expo, which should be a blast!!

Sunday, it's one dog sitting visit at 7 am, then a painting estimate. Then hopefully the rest of the day to relax...yeah, right, who am I kidding?
  • Good morning chickie babies,
    One more week sliding down the pike. I hear that we change the clocks this weekend. I do miss losing an hour (why is is ALWAYS on the weekend????) as much as I appreciate getting the extra hour back in the fall. We had a gorgeous day yesterday though I did not get out but for a minute. Sunny and warm. Then we got really bad thunderstorms last night - some really loud boomers. Today is grey and damp but it's supposed to warm up to the mid 70's. Hope so. Then it will drop down again and gradually nudge up which is what it does around here. Spring is on it's way though. Will be curious to see what the flower season looks like. We had a pretty intense winter for these parts with several ice storms which may have affected the budding. It really is pretty down this way when things flower up. Sneezy too.

I'm so excited. Tomorrow I can remove the bandages from my foot and put TWO feet into the shower Been waiting for this for far too long. I will still have to sit on a stool in the walk in shower but you have no idea how much it takes away from the whole shower experience when half of you is hanging out of the tub

Thirsty Thursdays Mel? OMG does that bring back some foggy memories of days gone past That would kill me now if I tried it although I could probably down a bottle of wine without issue. Can do Thirsty Thursdays with this month's Margarita theme tho. Your eyes would REALLY be blurring but oh how we'd laugh

Michelle - I meant to ask you if you have Zumba pants (I love the sound of that ) From the You Tube videos it looked like one would wear loose pants. Somewhere up in the boxes of the attic I have these wild patterned loose knit pants that I used to wear to work out. Zubaz I think they were called? Would be perfect for dancing! Hope you enjoy your day off tomorrow. Would have been nice if you could have devoted it to just a fun day but if you get all the chores out of the way, maybe Sunday could be your fun day (... just another manic Monday - thanks Banananrama )

Annie - good to here that things are stable for the moment but... I am starting to understand the difference between youth and old age. During youth we might run into a string of minor things - get a cold, get TOM cramps, stub your toe, wake up with a hangover. A couple of things in a row which are frustrating but minor. Then you get older and you hit the skids on BIG things. And when you have the big ticket problems like diabetes and heart issues, it really is troublesome as the diseases as well as the meds are complicated. Hope everything will turn out all right for Dad as well as your Mom's peace of mind. I'm sure there's a bit of worry about herself if anything happens to him. And take care of you too since you, like Mel are in charge of keeping everything in order everywhere

Shad - are you tired because of long work days getting everything wrapped up on the job site? Or it is just the natural run out of gas feeling when you finally do sit down after things are frantic? Take care of yourself - get some rest and recharge the batteries. You have been doing alot of travelling too which is tiring in and of itself.

Ceejay - yay to the end of twelve hour days (at least for the next 4!!!!) Did you get the thunderstorms last night too? What are you going to do with the time off besides sleep for one day?

Laura - that stained glass museum sounds lovely. The last time I was at Navy Pier was so long ago - actually it was when Shad came out to visit. They didn't have an awful lot of shops but the expo center was nice and we were able to catch some tall ships out on the lakefront. I remember the original Navy Pier - where they first held the Taste of Chicago festival. That was a real dump - they revamped it quite nicely. Have a good time at the Garden show. Are you dragging the BF with you? Mine would gladly go as he loves taking pictures of flowers. We're trying to figure out if they ban cameras from Toyota Park as he would love to take some shots at the concert with a real camera - not the cell phone. They said no pictures at the Eagles concert we went to and pffffttt - flashes all around. I was ticked because with the seats we had, we would have gotten some amazing shots. (Glen Frye may have gotten old but I still think he's kinda cute )

Time for me to get to work now. Have a good one peeps.
  • Happy....I understand your excitement of showering without plastic coverage on foot. I had to so that when I broke my ankle after giving birth to DS. It just adds to misery. Happy showering. Yes, old age ailments, that is why I say just stick a pillow over my face. Serenity Now!!

CHELLE...ALMOST forgot...goodluck at WI today...I am rooting for ya my sista.
  • Quote: ...when I broke my ankle after giving birth to DS.
    Yikes Annie - that must have been ONE helluva labor pain there! Cripes just what you need with a new baby - a broken foot.
  • And yes Michelle - good luck with your WI today
  • Oh and BTW...ECVS (EHarmony) has struck again.....this guy that has come through my line 3 or 4 times asked me for my # last night. I gave it to him (cell). He actually called and left a message last night, not sure on this one. Message was sweet but may be a bit crazy. lol, aren't we all?
  • Annie
    Stress may be the cause of you dad's problems. I'm glad they are finding the problems and are fixing them.
  • Happy Friday afternoon (well, okay....it's Friday for me!)

Weigh in at Weight Watchers went okay. I lost 0.6 lbs. Not bad...but I'm 4 pounds shy of the goal Annie set for me. It's okay, I will get there. It'll probably just take another 2 or 3 weeks.

Happy - Thanks for the reminder of turning the clocks ahead. I would've forgotten for sure. I saw on the weather those thunderstorms you and Ceejay were getting last night! Sheesh, those looked bad! How exciting to get your bandages off!! Enjoy your shower tomorrow. I don't have any Zumba pants...or even any Zubaz pants. Zumba.com has some great workout gear, but a little pricey for me right now. And it's stuff that would look better on thinner women. Mostly I wear exercise pants (ankle length) and t-shirts. In the summer, I'll wear capris...or shorts if I get really, really brave. I'm hoping to get everything done tomorrow and Saturday and have Sunday be my Fun Day - my I don't have to Run Day. To kind of gear up for what hopefully won't be a manic Monday.

Annie - If you have any misgivings about this guy....either don't go out with him....or meet in a public place. Do not get into his car, or let him know where you live. I'm met DH through a personal ad he placed. But I had some one and done dates with a few others from ads, including one that was really creepy, before I met DH.

Ceejay - Were the thunderstorms really bad last night where you live? They looked bad on the weather radar.

Well, just about an hour and a half 'till the weekend!

Love to all,
  • Ceejay - Enjoy your 4 days off!!

Shad - Is the mojo back yet?

Mel - Enjoy the toons. Hope R's support thing gets taken care of.

Annie - I hope your dad's stress test goes okay and that the battery replacement also goes well. Doesn't the pacemaker keep the heartbeat regular? I should hope that once the pacemaker (if the battery was the only problem) has got a fresh battery, the beat will go back to normal. I'm sure it's not as simple as my Rebecca of Sunnybrook farm theory, but I can hope! :

Michelle - I work right downtown so I'll just hop on the bus and it's a short ride to Navy Pier. That's why it's nice for me to just go on a weekday, right from work. That and it's not as crowded on a weekday afternoon as on the weekends, and I've learned to just go by myself so I can linger as long as I want. Too bad your "me day" turned into "errand day". But Saturday sounds fun, and Sunday is looking good, so enjoy your weekend. Oh, and yes, psychological thriller is what I'd call Shutter Island. Congrats on your loss - you'll get there, just don't give up. As for me...sigh. I won't say I've given up, but as to eating - I certainly can't say I've been trying. I didn't exercise last night, but at least exercise has been better than eating. Scale was not nice to me this morning.

Happy - I hope you didn't lose any landscaping to the cold and ice storms you had down there. I don't mind losing the hour Sunday morning if I'm getting extra daylight in the evening. It must be driving you nuts to have to keep one foot dry when you're showering! Enjoy your full shower! No, I'm not dragging bf to the flower show. I prefer to go at my own pace. I was just thinking the other day if Toyota park will be named that for much longer... can they lose naming rights because of their problems (like Tiger could lose his endorsements...)? Re cameras at concerts - we experienced the same thing at the Billy Joel/Elton John concert - not allowed, but you'd never have known it! Something scary about the workout pants is that bf still has a couple pair of those "crazy pants" (that's what we called them), but thank goodness he only wears them in the house before bedtime ...and when I ask him to drop me off at the train station in the morning. God forbid he ever get's pulled over! Last night we went out to eat and we'd just walked out the door when he realized he still had his slippers on - and he just said "the heck with it". They sort of look like moccasins, but I still teased him about it.

I had an extra meeting and now an extra project to work on this afternoon. Shouldn't be too bad though. Tonight I'll do my next new Margaret R. workout since I didn't do it last night. I renewed the organizing book I checked out of the library - my progress has been slow, but it's really making a lot of sense to me.

Okay, back to work.
  • Laura - I'm sure you'll have a great time at the flower show going at your own pace. That is the big advantage of going solo. Also, if you can take public transportation straight from work...that's even better. I, too, would gladly give up an hour of sleep on a weekend to get extra sunlight in the evening. BF went to dinner in his slippers, huh? I guess it's good he wasn't only wearing his robe and skivvies! You found a good organizing book? Do tell the title/author, please! Have fun doing your workout.

Well, I'm gonna pack it up for now. I'll check in when I can over the weekend!

Hugs,
  • I've enjoyed the most beautiful day. Slept half the day due to the storm last night. I thought it was going to get ugly as we had a tornado warning up to the direct hit of the storm. We did have some horrific lightning and very loud thunder. The lawn has been raked of all the debris left from last fall and the Rav 4 has been cleaned inside and out. We are suppose to have more nasty weather after midnight.

My plans are to go to Paragould tomorrow afternoon. The high school that I graduated from is having a dinner/show with local talent tomorrow night and Sauturday is the uncle's luncheon. After the lunch get together on Saturday I'll take my aunt shopping. There will be no time to rest but it will be enjoyable.

Mel
    I like this "thirsty Thursday". What on the agend for Friday?

Michelle
    Enjoy your extra day off and I'm hoping that it will be a beautiful as today was for me.

Happy
    As a matter of fat I do have a vacation day planned for the end of March. I'm going to Springfield, mo to visit with my sister and her family. My sister is having a baby shower for her son's and his girlfriends baby that is due in May. and of course I'm going back in May to meet the little one. I'm getting excited about it.

Shad and Laura hope you day is going well.
  • Michelle
    Congrats on that.6 pound loss. At lest it was not a gain.

Laura
    Guess you bf wanted to be as compfy as possible. I bet no one noticed that he had on his slippers. Enjoy the flower show. I'm with Michelle what book are you reading about organization.
  • Good Morning...

Chelle....Rockin on the loss. I am so very proud of you.....this weekend's assignment is to stay away from most carbs and all sugars....cause I love ya chickie....and am rootin' for you.

Hi to all...no real time for personals...I am sorry....all morning in staff meeting then leaving at noon, good news.......dad is "ok" persay, he is having his battery replaced this afternoon, and if all goes well, fingers crossed, prayers said, he may get to come home this evening, if not tomorrow morning. Mom is actually "ok" with this, she really doesn't know all the details, but that is ok too, mostly because dad will be alright.

I love ya's and appreciate all your kindness and prayers. Busy weekend ahead with dad and mom and getting tires on car tomorrow. Yikes. I may not be back till Monday.

Have a terrific weekend. Much love and many hugs..