Do you get ravenous during your TOM??

• Today is day two and I told my hubby that I could seriously eat a horse. I am STARVING! And I don't want healthy foods....I want junk junk and more junk. Yesterday I binged on chips and was just over 1900 calories. Today I'm sitting around 1200 and it's only 4:41. I did have dinner already though. I don't have any cravings or desire for healthy foods though. I want something salty....something sweet......the thought of REAL food makes me a bit queezy.

Oh and my pants are tight, I'm crampy and I am sooooo bloated.

When I'm not on my TOM I have no problems sticking to 1500-1700 calories a day and I lose around 2 pounds a week and sometimes I even have to force myself to eat just a little bit more to get my calories up past 1200.

So I'm wondering, how do you curb the TOM cravings? Do you up your calories for those 5/6/7 days?
  • I have that trouble too. I want fatty foods and sweets soooooo bad at the start of TOM. It's crazy how much I want to eat every fatty food and candy I can think of. I wish I knew how to make the cravings go away!
  • I actually go through the horse eating thing just before TOM hits. Arrgh!
  • OMG YES and I started weight watchers the first day of my period as well...can I just say that I was irritable, tired, ravenous, and a b**** for a good few days!?! I stayed on plan and yesterday finally felt FULL because my cycle ended and I was eating filling healthy dense foods. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the weight watcher's endorsed ONE POINT kettle corn packs...they are 100 Calories and I totally sprinkle splenda and a little seasoning salt with a quick spray of light cooking oil...this kicks my craving's butt. you have to try it...totally works for me at night when i want that salty sweet goodness
  • My PMS is characterized by being easily irritated by people (awesome when you work a customer service job) and an extreme desire for chocolate.
  • Today is day 2 of being on my period and my appetite has decreased. Im back to eating 1600-2000 cals a day. The week before my period I was hungry even after eating 2300 cals. I get hungry the week before it starts but during my period I just tend to be bloated and crampy but not hungry
  • Yes! I'm right there with ya on this one!! I'm just ending my TOM and my god I wanted to eat absolutely every piece of junk food my fiance had stashed in this house! I would steal candy from a baby had there been any around
  • when i am feeling ravenous and starving i try and remind myself of one thing:
    "HUNGER IS NOT AN EMERGENCY"
    it makes me smile, because its true. Im not going to die if i dont eat that bag of skittles. i might feel hungry, but i can 2 more hours till dinner, and live....... often, the ravenous hunger will go away if its is not catered to immediately in a cue/reward cycle...
    also, i heard it said once ( i think by Tom Venuto) to tell yourself that hunger is the feeling of fat cells shrinking!!
  • Yes...I get it about 48 hours before TOM. My eating plan seems more like just a suggestion.