What did you eat today/yesterday?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I think sometimes folks want some new ideas. Maybe sharing our daily menu's might inspire or help a friend here.
  • Homeade vegetable soup was our meal last night. So good and the one way my daughter will actually eat all her vegetables.
  • yesterday

breakfast - turkey sandwich with lite mayo, clementine
    lunch - egg salad (chopped egg whites with mayo and mustard) garlic toast, steamed brocoli.
    snack - fiber one cereal, skim milk, raisins
    dinner - pasta, red sauce, parm cheese, salad with lite dressing, french bread garlic toast
    snack - protein bar, grapes.
  • Good idea, Beverly! I am pretty bored with my usual these days myself.

Breakfast: oatmeal w/peanut butter and protein powder
    Preworkout snack: 1/2 c milk with 1/2 serving vanilla whey protein
    Lunch: 1 serving green beans, 1 serving chicken and corn chili w/1 ounce sharp cheddar
    Snack: protein shake
    Dinner: I think I will splurge on sushi tonight, since I have the calories left.
  • Breakfast: WW toast, butter, egg
    snack: hot chocolate (chocolate milk and skim milk mixed)
    lunch: Big salad- romaine, peas, chicken, dried cranberries, pecans, walnuts
    snack: 1/4 of a baked potato with butter
    dinner: It's going to be homemade stew with homemade WW bread and butter. (yum)
    dessert: blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, spoonful of cool whip. (yum) And probably
  • today I have had or am having...
    Breakfast: peaches n cream instant oatmeal with a dash of cinnamon (tastes like peach cobbler!) & 3 slices of turkey bacon
    snack: chocolate vitatop
    lunch: grilled boneless skinless chicken thigh, 1 cup of raw broccoli & 2 tbsp ff honey dijon dressing to dip
    snack: 5 cups air popped popcorn
    dinner: trimmed pork shoulder, homemade mashed potatoes, and steamed green beans
    after dinner snack: an orange and maybe some more broccoli
  • Today for breakfast I had one egg with onions, green peppers and mushrooms scrambled then topped with half a slice of muenster cheese, one slice of wheat toast with butter. Lunch was a cup of homemade veg soup and a hunk of french bread. Just got home from working out and had a thing left from Christmas - Ritz crackers with peanut butter dipped in chocolate? They are my workout treats until they're gone - one a day is a good reward and I absolutely hate to throw food away. Tonight for supper is baked stuffed chicken breast, baked sweet potato and a salad. Except for my after-workout treat I really haven't been snacking. Last night for snack I had a cup of hot chocolate.
  • Yesterday,
    2 cups portugese chicken (vegetarian)
    1 slice light potato bread
    slice cheese
    veggie burger
    1 oz baked cheetos
    2 perogies
    2 tbs light ranch
    large salad with carrots, onion, mushroom, broccoli, spinach, cherry tomato, and sun dried tomatos
    1 biscoti
    1 cup lowfat ice cream

Wow nothing like sharing with others to see I have a glaring omission of fruit and not enough veggies!
  • Breakfast
    black coffee W/1/2 tsp sugar
    2 deviled eggs (lite mayo)
    Lunch
    4.5 oz London broil
    2tsp olive oil
    2 C. rappini (mustard greens)
    Supper
    1/2 C (measured unprepaired) quinoa
    4 oz (measured raw) Shrimp
    1&1/2 fresh plum tomato
    1/2 spanish onion
    fresh ginger, fresh garlic, jalpeno, curry powder
  • Breakfast: porridge with rice milk and a small banana
    Lunch: Innocent veg pot - roasted vegetable
    Dinner (4:30pm): asian salad with a salmon filet
    2nd dinner (9:30pm): bagel with raspberry jam, protein powder with rice milk
    snack: 75grams of red wine.

calories: 1600

I normally wouldn't eat a bagel especially after dinner, but I ended up having to have an early dinner so I wouldn't be tempted by movie popcorn at cinema.
  • My weekends aren't as structured as the week, so no snacks like normal, but so far I have had or will have

B:Chocolate Oatmeal (oatmeal and 25cal swiss miss)
    L: Boca Burger w/cheese and homemade "big mac" sauce, sweet pot. fries
    D: "fried" chicken (ww recipe) w/green beans and sweet pot. fries
    S: Dove Dark Choc, popcorn, ?
  • Not talking about yesterday, nope. Let's just say there was pizza involved. A lot of pizza.

Back on track today with:

Breakfast - eggs scrambled w/ a little whipped cream cheese & dill, bowl of watermelon

Lunch - tomato soup, 1 sl toast w/ mozzarella

Dinner - homemade veggie lasagna (it's cooking right now and smells sooooo good), salad

Some kind of yummy fruit and peanut butter...just got back from the produce market!
  • Yesterday:
    Breakfast wheat bread with peanut butter and half banana
    Lunch 4 oz broiled salmon, baked yam
    Snack: apple and reduced fat cheese stick
    Dinner: Mashed spiced carrots, asparagus, and 4 oz broiled chicken breast

Today: 100gm slice homemade bread, peanut butter, banana
    Snack: reduced fat cheese stick
    Lunch: 2 oz salmon, baked yam, apple
    Snack: 4oz low-fat cottage cheese
    Snack: apple
    Dinner: cauliflower poppers (yum, my new favorite!!!) zucchini soup, 4 oz tilapia, orange
  • Yesterday

B- medium banana, 1 slice orrowheat bread, 1 T natural peanut butter
    L- can flaked tuna, 2 rice cakes, 2 laughing cow wedges, mustard, red onion, applesauce cup
    S- medium pear, 40 calorie yogurt cup
    D- 3/4 cup scrambled eggs, 10 baby carrots, 10 cucumber slices, 3 T hummus
    S- 40 calorie yogurt cup

1200 calories

Today
    B- 1 cup raisin bran, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 large banana
    L- medium whole wheat pita with 2 LC wedges, 1/2 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup red onion, 1/4 cup red pepper, 5 cucumber slices, 1 T FF ranch dressing and a applesauce cup (sooooo filling)
    S- 1/2 cup fat free lemon yogurt (omg so freaking good!) large banana
    D- shrimp personal pizza's. Medium whole wheat pita, 2 T tomato paste, 1/4 cup red onion, 1/4 cup red pepper, 13 baby shrimp, 1/2 cup extra old cheddar grated... lots of herbs and salt free spices!
    S- 1/2 cup fat free lemon yogurt

1200 calories
  • I don't seem to eat as much on the weekends.
    Sunday was....
    one boiled egg, piece of raw broccoli, piece of raw cauliflower
    salad, fish,
    raw veggies, strawberries