Talk to me about pasta

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I bought some Dreamfields today. I purchased this one because I had a coupon, LOL. I need to look up the info on Barilla plus since their name came up quite a bit. Dreamfields tasted just like regular pasta. I saw there was something about the carbs being different. I bought the Penne and used Newton's Own alfredo sauce and it was really good. I also added some steamed broccoli and mushrooms. The Newton's Alfredo sauce was 90 calories a serving. I really like the Newton's Own products. I guess I will try Barilla Plus next.
  • I always use Dreamfields since it is better for me due to my diabetes. My husband and my 2yr old love it too! I only buy regular pasta (letters) for my son, I wish they make something similar whole wheat.
  • I've been eating a Dutch brand that is almost identical to the Barilla Plus. It's REALLY good - eventually you start to crave that "nutty" taste over the other stuff.

I don't know about Dreamfields, but anytime you have complex carbs (whole grains) over simple ones, it's a good thing. Look for at least 5 grams of fiber per serving and I usually eat two or so... it fills you right up!