New Sayonara to the 140's challenge

You're on Page 20 of 29
Go to
  • Hey guys am back, and yep 7 lbs heavier. I have backslid, not eating healthy and not exercising but I am back now and more determined than ever. I have 13 lbs more until I reach my goal weight and this time I am sticking with the plan.

@SpinQueen - Congratz on getting to the 130s, hopefully Skyra and canadia will be joining you soon..
  • Hey everyone! I came back from spring break yesterday which included two bad eating days, and when I stood on the scale this morning, I saw 148.6! So I lost .4 lbs when I was home. I'm glad I didn't gain anything. When I started running outside I got shin splints, then it started raining for 3 days straight, then I went out of town for a night....So I'm happy with what I see!
  • Hey 140s chicks! After a (very, very) long stay in the 150s I'm finally joining you!! I was 149.8 but I've been too busy to get here before tonight!
  • Gym membership cancelled, need to get this sorted out asap. So I guess I will do TaeBo in the meantime so as to be on track with exercising.
  • Hello! Like, KurlEQ, I'm popping in from the 150's thread because I am outta there!
  • Well, I am solidly in the 140's (finally!!!), and I'm confident that my plateau is over. I've lost 2lbs in less than a week!

I'm also very close to my original goal weight of 145lbs, so that's kind of exciting
  • Quote: Well, I am solidly in the 140's (finally!!!), and I'm confident that my plateau is over. I've lost 2lbs in less than a week!

I'm also very close to my original goal weight of 145lbs, so that's kind of exciting
    Good for you!

I'm not sure if I can lose 2 pounds in 1.5 days. but you know, got to learn.
  • Quote: Hello! Like, KurlEQ, I'm popping in from the 150's thread because I am outta there!
    Way to go! Welcome to getting out of the 140's.
  • Welcome new people, and congrats old people! (lol)

I started the Couch to 25k running program on Monday, and I really love it. I've done 4 sessions (60 seconds jogging, 90 seconds walking for 25 minutes) thus far this week. I weighed myself this morning and I'm back down to 140 after a few weeks of being at 143(!). I've also cut my calories by 100-200 calories a day, from around 1800-1900 down to 1500-1700, because this was causing me to lose too slowly and I was getting frustrated. Maybe by the end of next week I'll be in the 130s!
  • hi everyone! I'm just moving here from the 150s group, and SO excited! While i'm still a decent chunk of weight from goal weight, i'm thrilled to be in the 140s as I always viewed everything under 150 as "healthy." Not exactly super skinny (for my height at least), but normal!! 130s and goal weight, here i come!
  • Quote: hi everyone! I'm just moving here from the 150s group, and SO excited! While i'm still a decent chunk of weight from goal weight, i'm thrilled to be in the 140s as I always viewed everything under 150 as "healthy." Not exactly super skinny (for my height at least), but normal!! 130s and goal weight, here i come!
    alexandraT, welcome to the 140's! Congrats on losing so much already, and I agree, the under 150 point was a big deal for me too.

My "whoosh" loss is still going. I swear, I'm getting on the scale 5 times on a row and weighing on two different scales (bath scale at home and the manual scale at the gym) just to make sure I'm not imagining it. I'm down another .4lbs this morning! Finally, after a month of not losing! I'm WAY motivated again, haha.

I had a great productive morning this morning. Did 30 minutes of lower body strength and 60 minutes of fast walking and jogging at the treadmill. There's a sense of accomplishment in being done with 90 minutes at the gym at 7:30am. Before the gym, I had a power snack of 3 scrambled egg whites and now I'm having some shredded wheat and skim milk.

I plan my meals and snacks for the day on caloriecount.com. I'm going to see my boyfriend's aunt and uncle today, and budgeted in three Bud Lights! Hahaha...major treat! But I'm still staying in my calorie limit, and I made sure to take my multivitamin, lol.
  • *unpacks her bags and sets up a tent*

I MADE IT I'm so happy to be out of the 150s and I want to hurry up and distance myself from my obese BMI weight (153). I probably won't be satisfied with that until I'm down at 143lbs though, so it'll be a while.

It looks like a lot of us from the 150s club is moving on over here Congratulations guys! We did it!

I've got a lot going for me in the 140s!

148 - My next BMI benchmark (28.9)
    147 - 10lb loss
    145 - Comfortably in the 140s
    143 - My next BMI benchmark (27.9) and FAR away from 'obese'
    142 - 15lb loss and my boyfriend promised me a DDR mat here!
    141.3 - 10% loss!!
    140 - My lowest (known) weight!! (It was short lived. Not this time though!)

Let's get rolling!!!
  • Quote: Welcome new people, and congrats old people! (lol)

I started the Couch to 25k running program on Monday, and I really love it. I've done 4 sessions (60 seconds jogging, 90 seconds walking for 25 minutes) thus far this week. I weighed myself this morning and I'm back down to 140 after a few weeks of being at 143(!). I've also cut my calories by 100-200 calories a day, from around 1800-1900 down to 1500-1700, because this was causing me to lose too slowly and I was getting frustrated. Maybe by the end of next week I'll be in the 130s!
    wow. You seem to have it all down! Good luck, I'm sure you will. That's impressive how you have such control and you know exactly what your doing and what to do.
  • Wild Vulpix- Congrats and welcome!!!
  • Hello, I'm more of a lurker than anything, but I am in the 140's now and would like to eventually be out of them (as would all of us here I gather )...

I'm not sure of my exact weight, but I think losing one pound a week is what I would like to do... well actually probably between half a pound and a pound per week. So, I'll go find myself a scale tomorrow and give the true stat (145 is my guess, hopefully I am a bit below but who knows? Maybe I am in the 150's and will have to bid this thread adieu) and get a little proactive about this whole losing weight deal.

I'm finding it difficult to feel healthy when I am watching what I eat, well also when I'm not watching what I eat. I am finding it difficult to feel "healthy" in general, whether I am losing, gaining, or maintaining my weight! Has anyone else had this experience?