weekly weigh for breastfeeding every one welcome

You're on Page 10 of 21
Go to
  • Ivo, don't let your weight keep you from living your life! Go home whether you've lost weight or not. There have been times when I was sure that my weight would be embarrassing or an issue but I did it anyway. I would much rather look back and see that I lived in spite of my weight instead of living a lifetime of regret because I let it hold me hostage. JMO, of course.
  • I hope this is okay to ask here, but for those making progress, can you share a typical day of food/exercise and/or what, if any, plan you're following?

Congrats to everyone who is losing weight!
  • My son is only 3 months old and doesn't give me hardly anytime to exercise yet. I do go to a Zumba class twice a week though. I'm on a low calorie diet while I make sure I get more protein, veggies and fiber in.
  • April Marie,

My son is 2 months old. I'm doing Weight Watchers (they have a great nursing mothers program) and walking every other day or so with my double stroller.
  • PrePreg: 141.5
    HighPreg: 183.9
    Goal: 130

1 week PP: 166.7
    2 week PP: 162.3
    3 week PP: 162.1
    4 week PP: 162
    5 week PP: 160.5
    6 week PP: 159.8
    8 week PP: 158.7
    9 week PP: 157
    10-13 wk PP: 156
    14 wk PP: 154
    15 wk PP: 153
    16 wk PP: 152
  • PPW - 264
    HPW - 291

4 weeks PP - 273.2
    5 weeks PP - 268.0
    6 weeks PP - 264.4
    7 weeks PP - 264.8
    8 weeks PP - 259.8
    9 weeks PP - 257.0
    10 weeks PP - 253.4
  • Hi all. I am starting to record my weight this week, so I don't have my previous PP weeks to put on here.

PPW - 200
    HPW - 265

7 weeks PP - 240
  • what am i doing wrong??? Seriously!! It's getting very frustarating!@? I don't lose weight, at the contrary i'm gaining!!! Well.. I know i am not very strict on my diet but i should at least be the same and not gain weight!!!! Idk what 2 do! I fell like quitting.... i was trying to decrease my portion size and eat healthy but since it's not working i guess i will go back to the crash diets!!! So frustrated right now!!!
    Enough talking abt me!
    How r u ladies doing? I see that u r making some progress! Keep up the good work!
  • Quote: what am i doing wrong??? Seriously!! It's getting very frustarating!@? I don't lose weight, at the contrary i'm gaining!!! Well.. I know i am not very strict on my diet but i should at least be the same and not gain weight!!!! Idk what 2 do! I fell like quitting.... i was trying to decrease my portion size and eat healthy but since it's not working i guess i will go back to the crash diets!!! So frustrated right now!!!
    Enough talking abt me!
    How r u ladies doing? I see that u r making some progress! Keep up the good work!
    I know it's frustrating, but there is a place in the middle between just intuitively watching what we eat and crash dieting. Lets be honest, we didn't get to this weight by being great at intuitive eating. I think if you get to this point your intuition is busted. Try journaling every single thing you eat for a week. I mean every little bite, lick, taste and sip that goes into your mouth goes down on paper. I'd be willing to bet you're eating a lot more than you think you are. After you do that, find a plan that you can work with. I like Weight Watchers. Lots of people do calorie counting or south beach. I wouldn't necessarily go low-carb while you're nursing, but those plans can be tweaked to fit your situation, too. You need to find something that works for you but you also will have to put the work into it. It is a lot of work to journal your food. It's a lot of work to measure everything out and plan your meals ahead. It's also a lot of work to be overweight. It's the old saying "Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard."

You can absolutely do it! You've just gotta put the effort into it that it takes to be successful. When I'm nursing I have to write everything down and count my points because if I don't I go hog wild. My appetite is amazing when I'm nursing and being aware of that is the only way to temper it. I don't ever go hungry, but counting points I know whether I have enough to have some peanut butter for a snack or some fresh veggies... kwim?

Keep on keeping on, you'll get there as long as you don't quit!

14 wk PP: 154
    15 wk PP: 153
    16 wk PP: 152
    17 wk PP: 151
  • PPW - 264
    HPW - 291

4 weeks PP - 273.2
    5 weeks PP - 268.0
    6 weeks PP - 264.4
    7 weeks PP - 264.8
    8 weeks PP - 259.8
    9 weeks PP - 257.0
    10 weeks PP - 253.4
    11 weeks PP - 251.2
  • Thank u so much 4 those words Gale02! U really made me want to keep on going! Actually not doing what i'm doing ight now becasue obviously it is NOT working but continue my battle. U r totally right! I didn't realize it but i do snack a lot, and that result in me eating a lot. one of my friend gave the WW book and i kinda used it for a while. After 2 weeks i thought i knew wverything and i stop counting my points. i guess that was a big mistake!!! I will go back to the book@! I also bougt EA sports active for PS3 (it is one of those workouts games that u can play like a Wii game). It is very challenging and u can do it in the comfort of your home. People might think that it's a game and therefore it's easy! Well it is NOT!! My legs and thighs are still hurting! Bottom line, i'm back and this time i'll succeed! I know it!
    11/22/2010 Weight: 245
    Gale u r a Godsend! Thank u so much! Keep on the good work!
    by the way, i stopped breastfeeding last week. Tristan is 6 months and it is so hard to pump at work!!! I did pump for 5 months....
  • Quote: Thank u so much 4 those words Gale02! U really made me want to keep on going! Actually not doing what i'm doing ight now becasue obviously it is NOT working but continue my battle. U r totally right! I didn't realize it but i do snack a lot, and that result in me eating a lot. one of my friend gave the WW book and i kinda used it for a while. After 2 weeks i thought i knew wverything and i stop counting my points. i guess that was a big mistake!!! I will go back to the book@! I also bougt EA sports active for PS3 (it is one of those workouts games that u can play like a Wii game). It is very challenging and u can do it in the comfort of your home. People might think that it's a game and therefore it's easy! Well it is NOT!! My legs and thighs are still hurting! Bottom line, i'm back and this time i'll succeed! I know it!
    11/22/2010 Weight: 245
    Gale u r a Godsend! Thank u so much! Keep on the good work!
    by the way, i stopped breastfeeding last week. Tristan is 6 months and it is so hard to pump at work!!! I did pump for 5 months....
    Ivo, I have to track every single thing I eat every single day or I start eating just a little bit more here and there which turns into a lotta bit more after a while. I know that I know the plan, but I have to work the plan to lose weight and that includes measuring and tracking my points. It's a pain sometimes, but being fat is much more of a pain.

If you'd like to join us in the 100lb club I know we'd love to have you. That's where I spend most of my time here on 3FC.