C25k?

You're on Page 21 of 21
Go to
  • rocketbunny - congrats! you have done so well at this program! let us know how the 5k goes, and if you want, there is a Runners: It's June thread in the Exercise forum that i've been hanging out in. there are tons of advance runners over there who can give awesome advice.

I am still running to my own little beat of the drum, just trying to get 22-25 minutes in 3 times a week. i need to SERIOUSLY kick it up a notch as i have registered for a half marathon (21.1km ) in October...
  • Wow! You're bold to do a half-marathon. I'm sure if you keep up with your training you'll do great.

I did W2D1 this morning. Going alright. My experience on the treadmill was much better than the first time. I think I perfer it to the track now...
  • Week 5 day 1 today! I did it early this morning before to high heat set it. 3 5 minute runs with 3 minute walks in between. I was surprised at how easy it was. I think I can credit it to not wearing a watch on my run. I have been obsessed with knowing how much I have left on a running interval that I guess it has made it seem longer. Without a watch, I have no clue how much I have left. I actually liked leaving my watch at home. From now until the end of the program I think I will leave the watch at home. 2 8 minute runs will be on Thursday. I think I will be able to handle it. I am still not fast, but I am not worried at all about that.

Rocketbunny- Good luck with your race on Saturday!
  • I did W2D3 yesterday and will be doing W3D1 tomorrow but I'm scared! 3 min is a huge jump from 90sec. I just downloaded one of the podcasts I found earlier in the thread. I think it's DJBeatsmith or something. I hope it will help keep me from watching the treadmill timer. Staring at the time really does seem to make it go slower.
  • I posted my 5K race report here (also on my blog)

Thanks again to everyone on this thread who provided support, inspiration, and encouragement. Rereading my first post on this thread way from way back in late April I would never have guessed that I would be able to get through the entire program and be able to run the 30 minutes that is my current standard training run:

Quote: I've started C25K several times now (most recently about a month ago) I haven't made it through more than half the first workout (listening to Ullrey's podcasts). I'm gasping for breath and sweating like crazy while my beagle, Lucy, looks at me in puzzlement.

I've lost about 7 lbs since my last attempt and I do long (2+ mile) walks several days each week.

I plan to start again tomorrow (tues/thurs/sat are my usual workout days).

This thread is a huge encouragement, with lots of people heavier than me getting started and being successful. I really want to learn to run and I think I can do it this time.
    What's next? I've done a lot of research and given it some thought. This morning I started One Hour Runner, a program which starts with three 30 minute runs per week and over 10 weeks works you up to being able to run for a full 60 minutes. I plan to start being a regular in the running thread over in the Exercise forum. Hope to see you all over there soon!
  • I never posted for week 5 day 2, so I did that last Thursday. It was 2 eight minute runs. Much easier than I thought it would be. There was a hill I was worried about that I knew I would have to run up during the second interval, but I kept telling myself as I was jogging up it " This is not a hill, this is not a hill" or " Think how awesome it will feel when you are at the top" and I managed to get up it." Tonight I may or may not do the Week 5 day 3 workout. I am behind on workouts, so I feel I should, but I gave blood today, and I don't want to pass out. I will see how I feel later tonight.

Rocketbunny - Just look at how far you have come! That is awesome. you have been an inspiration for me to continue with these workouts. I cannot wait to finish this program and move on to longer runs myself. Congrats on finishing the race!
  • I did W4D3 today. This is still my favorite exercise program I've ever done, but these 5 minute runs are really killing me. I make myself do them because I know I can, but I seriously don't see 8 minute runs in my near future. I definitely don't want to start it if I can't finish it, so I might just re-do week 4.
  • so i am restarting the c25k program this week and i hope i can post here to keep myself accountable. i was a part of this thread in march/april and i am back now to start again for the last time. i may begin at like week 2 or so we shall see.

but i will grad the program this time!
  • Omg I know it's been awhile since I posted on this thread or on 3fc in general, but I completed the program...it took a couple weeks of repeat but it was an amazing feeling to be able to actually jog! I'm not exactly a 'runner' and I prefer zumba as my main workout, but I try to still jog it 1-2 times a week. Good luck to everyone with this program
  • w5d3 last night. I was suprised at how easy it was. It was much easier than w5d2 even though it was 14 minutes longer than my longest interval so far. I think I am going to start to push a little harder to improve on time.

I am so excited! I officially signed up for my first 5k. It isn't until August, so I have 2 more months to prepare! I looked at the map of the run, and it seems to be on maily level land. I will have to check it out personally to be sure, but there are not many hills on the college campus that the run is on. I cannot wait!
  • utgirl09- That's awesome! Congrats on the fantastic progress!

I haven't run in nearly a week since I started week 3. I'm going to try W3D2 today. Hopefully I'll get through it.
  • Well, I didn't end up doing a proper W3D2 today. My friend called me up and asked me to go for a walk down by the lake with her, so I did. We ended up going on a 3.5 hr walk! We did a few runs in between, too.

I tried Ullrey's podcast but didn't like it. I've discovered the best way for me to get through these workouts is to keep track of the time myself. Knowing I have another 55 sec to go really helps me push through it.

Ugh! My feet are so tired!
  • Ruby- Hey, I 3 1/2 hour walk is awesome in my book. I agree with you that I don't really like Ullrey's podcasts, but I use them anyway. My long runs start at the end of the week ( no more intervals!) so I have timed out playlists to play for the length of time I am supposed to run! I cannot wait for my own music again!

I did W6D1 tonight. I said I was going to push harder, and I did. It was rough. By my last interval, my legs would barely move. I need to learn how to push harder without pushing too hard. Maybe if I keep working at that speed I will get used to it. I don't know. I need a coach!