Morning Star Farms Chick'n patties

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Ok, so I got a box of these things to try. Are they good? What can you DO with them, besides eat them plain or on a sandwich? I was thinking some sort of "chicken parmesan" type thing...

Any advice would be appreciated!
  • Sometimes I slice them and I put them on top of a salad. Makes me think I am eating a decadent "fried chicken" salad which I would NEVER order in a restaurant! Add hard boiled eggs and light blue cheese! Yum!!

They're good!
  • Hmmm....good idea! I've got lettuce and veggies I need to use....
  • I've done a chick'n parm with them its pretty good!
  • chicken parm is GOOD, salad is awesome, but for me there's nothing wrong with a good ol chicken sandwich on a bun with some lettuce, tomato, and bacon. mmm
  • They sound good. So I'm getting some when I go to the store.
  • Maybe I'll switch to the chicken sandwich and some homemade fries...I don't have spaghetti sauce anyway. I'll save the parm for the weekend!!!
  • MMMMM Morningstar makes the best fake chicken EVER! You can do anything with them that you could do with any other type of chicken patty. I've even crumbled them and put them in stir-fries before!
  • Add a piece of cheese to your chicken sandwich. That will jazz it up. And maybe some light mayo.
  • Hmm for some reason, I always thought chicken and cheese was kind of gross although I just love mustard with my fake chik'n sandwiches. I've never done anything with them beyond sandwiches though or cut up in a salad.
  • I love them in a salad too, with honey dijon dressing
  • Well, had my first chick'n sandwich last night. Great!! Having another for lunch today...
  • I partially thaw them and cut a large horizontal slit through the middle. Then I stuff them with dressing (like you'd put in a chicken or turkey). Then I bake them until they are done in a 350 degree oven, about 20 minutes. Serve with gravy, mashed potatoes and vegetables.
  • glad you liked it mindi!

and holy CRAP does that sound good retiredone....
  • wow these do sound good i'll have to try them