February 2009 ~ Monthly Chick Chat

You're on Page 2 of 8
Go to
  • Hi everyone!
    Sun is shining so thats a good start. Get some of that snow melted.
    Saw my friend for a few minutes today. Turns out her biopsy was inconclusive. But she had already decided she wants a double mastectomy anyway. (she's already gone through chemo and radiation, she's tired of worrying about it) She goes in in two weeks for the first one. I think she is more annoyed about them not doing both at once.
    I'm feeling somewhat crappy. I have an appt with a counselor this afternoon for an assessment. Figure out what I need as obviously just taking welbutrin isn't enough. First time I've ever done anything like that so should be interesting.
    Hope everyone is having a grand day!
    Take care all,
    K
  • Buddly, how did the couseling go? I'm so glad you're going. I hope they give you something that helps with your anxiety. I've experienced it off and on and it's really annoying. I work with 2 women that have had both breasts removed, one in her 30's and one in her late 40's. It seems so much more prevalent now. It's sad and scary.

I made fajitas tonight and fresh guacamole. I just got everything cleaned up and it's nearly 10pm. Where does the time go?
  • Hi all

Hi there Hope, your dinner sounds good. Thanks for the encouragement. I got a referral for counselling and an another evaluation to get me on the right medication. I was so stressed I ended up breaking down (felt like an idiot) but I guess it showed that I really needed help.

My laptop decided that this morning was a good morning to not recgonize the AC adapter and only work off of the battery. Its only 6 months old, so that means I have to deal with HP's technical services. We just sent DdB's Acer laptop back (7 months old) as its video card quit working. It should be interesting to see which one gives us the better service, especially since DdA wants to buy her own laptop and has been concerned as we've heard some horror stories. The fun never ends around here

I guess I should get going and get some bread dough going as I want to make some more buns.

Take care everyone and have a great weekend!
    K
  • Well Buddly, it looks like it's you and me (and maybe Momof4 on occasion). Sorry about the computer problems. I know so little about them that if it doesn't just come on when it's supposed to it's just too bad.

When are your appointments for counseling etc.? I hope you get a good couselor that you click with. It can make all the difference. By the way, fresh bread sounds great.

I've been doing well with cooking at home but tonight we tried to go to a movie but it was so busy we didn't go and ended up getting pizza and a sandwich out. We've cut a lot of spending out of our budget by eating at home. It just takes a lot of planning on my part since I do all the cooking.

It was 71 degrees here today and beautiful. If I had gotten more than 4 hours of sleep before I had to be at work at 6am I may have enjoyed it more.
    Have a great Sunday tomorrow. I'll check back in after work.
  • Good morning!

Hope, I hope you got some sleep last night. I was running on only four hours as well yesterday I sure went out when I turned the light off! Your night out sounds nice even without the movie. Our dinner was interesting as we are at the "end of the cow" in the freezer so are left with mostly parts I don't really like, so I did short ribs last night thankfully that was the last two packs of them. The sauce was really nice, to bad I'll never be able to recreate it. We also had roasted garlic mashed potatoes and of course the broccoli and cauliflower. The buns turned out really nice. (I've been trying different recipies and my last ones were heavy) I used half of the bun recipe and made cinnamon rolls that went over really well. I'm not sure how the counselling thing will work, I'm doing it all through our health unit so that everything is covered under our provincial medical plan. But where she referred me has a whole team of professionals so I'm sure it will be good.

No plans for today. I'm envious of your weather I'm starting to get cabin fever here with all the snow. I can't really complain about the temps tho as we have been up around and above the freezing mark.

I better go, I'm rambling now.

Take care,

An HI everyone!!!
    K
  • Did somebody cancel this thread and not tell me and Buddly??

It was a beautiful day here today, in the 70's. Too bad I was at work for most of it. We went to Outback tonight and used the last of our gift certificates. We had ribs, they were very good. Gosh I'm getting sleepy already. I may watch a little tv, clip my Sunday coupons and go to bed. Sounds exciting doesn't it?
  • Good morning everyone,
    Sorry I disappeared for a little while. I was feeling really bad and worried about being triggered so I took a break from the computer. I had a total breakdown and now I'm taking meds so hopefully that will help. I hope you all are okay, even though I wasn't on here you were all in my thoughts. I will try to catch up on the posts when I'm not feeling quite as naseous!
  • Good Morning,

Wow, time just flys by.... Mama was right

Hope everyone is doing well

• Morning!
    Wow life!!! Super! Hope and I were getting a little lonely.

Butterfly, I hope you feel better soon.

Leenie, Hey there! yep time is flying. Hard to believe its already the 9th of Feb.

Hope just keep on truckin'!! Are you still sort of house hunting?

Nothing new here, just another Monday. Snowed a little again last night. Have to take DdA to school and then I guess I'll go and visit with my mom. I suppose thats good, because if I was staying home I'd probably go crawl back into bed.

Have a great day everyone.
    Take care,
    K
  • I am back...it was a long weekend and I feel awful. I feel like I did when I had mono...I havent done hardly ANYTHING this week. I hope its not mono cause I cant have that. But my throat hurts like before my whole body aches. But I will wait and see what happens by the end of the week because it could just be from the whole weekend!!
    Ok lata my 2 friends...LOL
  • Hello, just thought I'd drop in and see how everyone's doing. I haven't posted for a little bit because I just have "empty brain"... I feel like someone pulled the plug There's so much I should be doing but

Butterflygurl, sorry you've been feeling so bad, I hope things are starting to look up now.

Hope, Buddly, Leenie, Momof4 and everyone else, hope you're all well.

Take care
  • Good morning!

momof4 good to see you back. You could be fighting off the flu, there seems to be a lot of flues going around right now, or just good and tired and in need of a good rest!

Mimzy I know what you mean about "empty brain" gosh my concentration right now is nil. At the counsellors the other day and she asked what I liked to do for fun and I drew a complete and total blank. she had to give examples "reading, going for a walk...?" etc. Its terrible right now. Hope you feel better soon.

Same ol' same ol' here. Two more drivers got laid off at hubby's work, so thats not good. His job is fairly secure as long as the company can keep going. I sure hope this recession thing turns around soon, its getting so bad for some people.
    No plans for today, we need cookies for lunches so one of here will have to do that, but I'm thankful I get to stay home. Just checked the shipping status for the cord for my laptop and it said it should arrive in town today. So I should have it by tomorrow for sure. I sure hope its just the cord and not the connector inside. I miss being able to hide in bed and surf.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day,
    Take care,
    K
  • Welcome back strangers. I hope you all start feeling better soon. But if you don't, that's no excuse to leave me and Buddly all alone in here!

I worked at the tax office today but I didn't get around to doing my own. I have to do them off of the clock and I wasn't staying around after I got off. We had mexican for dinner tonight and sushi last night. We had been doing so well with eating at home to save $$. I have to get back to it tomorrow. The economy is too bad to be blowing money.

I found out today that I finally get a day off next Wednesday. It will be the first in over a month. Yay, I can't wait.
  • Well I am feeling much better today...not a 100% but pretty good...All I wanted to do the last to days is lay in bed and that was it. Yesterday I had the kids so that wasnt possible. I made myself get a shower last night even though I didnt want to do anything. Then I did the boys school because I am behind since I missed monday. But anyways I am doing pretty good today!! OK just checking in with you guys!!! Catch you lata!!
  • Good morning everyone!

Brr its cold out -17*C (1.5*F) at least we are suppose to warm up to -3*C (26.5*F) DdA has a midterm today so we have to go out and up to the university. And my mom wants to check out the new Salvation Army store that just opened, could be fun, sometimes you find really neat "treasures".
    The cord arrived for my lap top yesterday (I contacted HP on line on Sat, boy am I impressed) and best of all it fixed the problem!! I hardly ever have that kind of luck! Makes me a happy camper.
    Baked peanut butter cookies yesterday so we have them for lunches. Other than that nothing much happening.

Hope:Congrats on the day off finally!! Now will you get to collapse and enjoy it or is it going to be spent doing all the things you can't do while you are working? Eating out can get expensive, but just think, you are helping the economy. If everyone stopped eating out completely, look at how many more jobs and businesses would be lost. (hows that for a different perspective) I still haven't done our taxes yet either, I have everything for hubby, I'm just waiting for mine and DdA's T4's.

Momof4 glad to hear you are feeling better, some days we need a "time out" and spend it in bed or on the couch. Good luck with the schooling.

Hope everyone has a great day, almost to the mid point of February, wow! spring should be right around the corner, right?

Take care,
    K