I told my boyfriend my weight!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • For the first time in.... years??, I told my boyfriend how much I weigh. Now I don't feel silly or embarrassed by it, I'm proud that I'm so steadily losing!

I think it's a huge step in changing yourself.
  • `wow, way to go! It took me a LONG time before I told my hubby. He and I have been together for 10 years now, and I told him 3 years ago what my real weight was.
  • Wow! Congratulations! That was so brave of you.

My hubby and I have been married 22 years and the only time he's known my weight was when I was pregnant.

Good luck to you on your journey.
    K
  • Good for you! Your doing wonderful, and now he can cheer you along and know exactly your progress.
  • eww, to scary for me! I could barely post it here. Man, do you have guts!!! Maybe one day when I lose the weight, till then my lips are sealed
  • ditto!.
    The only people who I've told my weight is my bestfriend(she's overweight aswell), my Mom(who's 150 lbs soaking wet), and the ladies at weight watchers. And of course, YOU GUYS. I was so uncomfortable posting it on here at first, but have come to realize no one on here is judging me because of it Yay 3FC!

Quote: eww, to scary for me! I could barely post it here. Man, do you have guts!!! Maybe one day when I lose the weight, till then my lips are sealed
  • Thanks! I know it isn't easy, but I just wanted to share with him how good I am feeling about what I've done for the past two months. It feels great to share it with the person who loved me through my heaviest!
  • Congratulations Kelly! You're doing fantastic!

I've been dating my boyfriend for two years, and I refused to tell him my weight until about three months ago. Now when I weighh in every week, I tell him where I'm at. It's been so nice to share my success with him.
  • Kelly315, I totaly understand why you would want to share with your loved one. Some of us though, may not have the same kind of support that you do. I'm happy for you.
  • I understand, Bigmomma. I hope you can turn to 3FC for the support you need, and good luck reaching your goals.
  • That's Great!
  • thanks kell, for the encouragement.
  • Woot! That is a big deal.. when I was at my highest, 192.. that's when I met my boyfriend and I never told him how much my weight was until after I'd lost about 40 pounds (this is my second time losing). Even my mom.. she knew because she was with me my first weigh-in but her reaction to my weight was more of the reason I kept it to myself.
  • My husband didn't know how much I weighed until last week.
  • Good for you! Congrats!