So, is fat free milk okay on Phase one now??

• I have heard that it wasn't, but then heard elsewhere that it might be okay on phase one now. Is this true?

I hope it is, because I get WIC and have like 3 jugs of fat free milk to consume before they're wasted, because my bf won't drink it.
  • Milk can be frozen, at least that's what I've read from frugal living sources (such as the books like the Tightwad Gazette, and websites like Hillbilly Housewife.
  • Melanie, it's been OK for ages. Please read our Phase I List in the FAQ Section.
  • Thank you guys very much.
    You're right, I don't see why milk can't be frozen! Thank you, that's a good idea. I'm gonna stick a jug in the freezer and see what happens. I should have thought of that, lol.

Thanks Ruthxx, I'm glad to hear that milk is allowed, I am definitely gonna go check out the foods list.
  • OHHH....Does it expand like water? Maybe take some out first? I foresee a mess if you stick a full gallon straight in there!?
  • True! I'll only freeze a half gallon, one I've used. Thanks! I didn't think of that.
  • Yes milk is just fine, but there is a limit to two cups a day of it so don't forget that