MRC - Take 20 Redux

You're on Page 4 of 27
Go to
  • This 2 meal plan has been kicking my butt today. I didn't realize how used to 3 meals I was until today! Man, I sure hope this thing works.
  • Quote: No, I totally don't mind you mentioning it! I had a hard time finding the site here. I can't believe our past 2 weeks is gone. Ah well, can't fight with technology.

I actually surpassed my original goal by 2 pounds...102 pounds gone forever. I celebrated yesterday by doing quite a bit of clothes shopping. I bought size 12's!!! I can't believe my clothes are a size 12. I haven't been in a 12 in 10 + years! It does feel really good.

I will have my stabilization party on June 26th. I am basically having a free few weeks of program, since my contract is done, and I met goal. I really don't want to lose much more weight during these few weeks and stab. I would like to end right at around 160 by the end of stabilization going into maintenance. I will be totally happy with that.

Thanks for all of your support, you all are awesome!
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
    I'm SO excited for you. 102 pounds is absolutely amazing!

Quote: Thanks to so many of you for your kind thoughts, comments and suggestions in the posts that are now gone forever.

It's been one week since I went on the "dizzy pills" for the vertigo I was experiencing, and I can't believe the difference. No more dizziness. DH and I just came back from two days in the beautiful mountains near here, where I actually slept all night for the first time in over two weeks.

Our county seems to be recovering from the tornadoes well, and our community foundation raised over a quarter of a million dollars for the victims. The generosity we've experienced has been overwhelming and this week, we will start disbursing money to those who lost homes, belongings, cars, etc. Some of the stories are so sad, it really breaks your heart. I know that the stress from all this was a major part of what made me sick.

I was ready to give up this weight loss journey, so you will never know how much I appreciated having so many of you urge me on. After visiting with the MRC staff about going on a medical leave, they suggested I just watch to see how my body reacted to the meds (I'm on HRT as well as the meclazine). Well, to my surprise, I was down another 2.5 lbs last week so they think I can just keep going. That's just 1 lb from the 25 lb board and over half way to goal.

Now my NSV. One of my favorite stores is Chico's and when I started this program in mid-March, I could no longer get into their size 3 pants. Last month, I bought a pair of size 2.5 jeans. Yesterday, I got into a 1.5 (which equates to a size 10!). I haven't worn a 10 since 1997. So now I have two new pairs of pants in that size. Unbelievable!

It truly feels great to be back with all of you. Hello to those I hadn't met before, congrats on all the continued successes, and thanks again to all of you for your support. I've really missed this forum!

Judy
    Gma to 4
    Great to hear you are feeling better. I'm really glad you decided to stick it out with MRC, too. I knew you could do it.

We started the same time and our losses have been consistant for about the last 6 weeks... I can't wait until I can wear a 10, too!!!! Keep going!!!
  • I know many of you had been curious abou the Sea Thin. Just thought I'd post my results...

I started taking Sea Thin (3/day) & Hoodia w/Green Tea (2/day) Memorial Weekend. I have been losing 1/2 to 1 pound a day for the past week! I don't know which pill has done this to me...but something is working! I'm easily into a 12 now...tempted to try a 10 actually. I WI yesterday and had lost 2 pound from my WI on Thursday. My WI on Thursday I had lost 1.5 from my WI on Tuesday. I'm so excited!!!!

I weighed this morning on my home scale and it showed me down another pound...which seems phenominal to me...so I'm hesitant to believe it until I weigh tomorrow morning just to make sure its really gone! LOL

What results has everyone else seen??? 'Cuz I'm lovin' this!

The Sea Thin was on sale at Walgreens for $29 (Thank You to whoever shared that) and the Hoodia is at Dollar General for $4 with a $2 rebate.
  • Stir Fry Heaven!
    Hi, back on this diet after a long time off and I am remembering some of my favorite meals. I swear I eat so much better on this diet than I do eating "regular meals". I made a stir fry tonight with scallops, sliced brussels sprouts, broccoli, snow peas and mung bean sprouts.

I put a little soy sauce on it, and a little olive oil and spices for flavor! God it was good! As good as anything I've ever eaten in a restaurant if I do say so myself. Oh, yeah, for my bread (I am on green menu) I used 1/4 cup of Quinoa, a type of tiny grain that is really good for you. I like using my days allotment of oil (2 tsp for me) with this type of dish as the olive oil really adds flavor. Gotta keep the soy sauce to a little, but even a little really makes the flavor heavenly! I remember I made this dish a whole lot when I was OP before, usually making it when I had company as everyone loves it, and I make a lot when I have enough ingredients as it keeps well for a couple more meals, the cooking part all done at once!

I just wanted to say that I'm really digging being back OP, I have already lost 4 lbs and am looking forward to getting back into my small clothes! I know I probably should have shared this on the recipe page, but really I'm just glorying in how even though this is definitely a diet and a darned strict one at that, one can still eat totally delicious meals with a little thought for the ingredients and what the plan allows. I lost 60 lbs before on this diet, and in jig time too, about 6 months.

The more I stuck right to the plan the quicker I lost, I'm going to tattoo this to the inside of my eyelids, it's really true. One of the reasons I'm so gleeful is that I recently spent about 5 months on LA Weight Loss and lost hardly anything! Good diet for some maybe, didn't do it for me! So glad to be back on a plan, which, though not utterly easy breezy, really really works!
  • Quote: No, I totally don't mind you mentioning it! I had a hard time finding the site here. I can't believe our past 2 weeks is gone. Ah well, can't fight with technology.

I actually surpassed my original goal by 2 pounds...102 pounds gone forever. I celebrated yesterday by doing quite a bit of clothes shopping. I bought size 12's!!! I can't believe my clothes are a size 12. I haven't been in a 12 in 10 + years! It does feel really good.

I will have my stabilization party on June 26th. I am basically having a free few weeks of program, since my contract is done, and I met goal. I really don't want to lose much more weight during these few weeks and stab. I would like to end right at around 160 by the end of stabilization going into maintenance. I will be totally happy with that.

Way to go! 102 pounds is awesome! Congrats on surpassing your goal.

Quote: I know many of you had been curious abou the Sea Thin. Just thought I'd post my results...

I started taking Sea Thin (3/day) & Hoodia w/Green Tea (2/day) Memorial Weekend. I have been losing 1/2 to 1 pound a day for the past week! I don't know which pill has done this to me...but something is working! I'm easily into a 12 now...tempted to try a 10 actually. I WI yesterday and had lost 2 pound from my WI on Thursday. My WI on Thursday I had lost 1.5 from my WI on Tuesday. I'm so excited!!!!

I weighed this morning on my home scale and it showed me down another pound...which seems phenominal to me...so I'm hesitant to believe it until I weigh tomorrow morning just to make sure its really gone! LOL

The Sea Thin was on sale at Walgreens for $29 (Thank You to whoever shared that) and the Hoodia is at Dollar General for $4 with a $2 rebate.
    Your results are super. It makes me want to go out an buy some of that stuff. Did you change anything else or are those two pills the only thing that's different in your journey?

Judy...I'm so glad that you can stay with the program. That is a great relief I'm sure. You are doing so great. Keep it up!

Jennifer...I just noticed your ticker and you are going great yourself. Only 13 more pounds until you are at goal. Wow! That is great!
  • Welcome back KathleenY. Hope all goes well for you as you hop back OP!
  • Gma to 4 ... I'm so happy that the Meclazine is helping. It was a saving grace for me for years. I was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease many years ago after suffering from vertigo for a long time. The Meclazine saved me. However, as it turns out, it wasn't Meniere's at all. After my hip replacements last summer there was an MRI to R/O a blood clot which revealed I have a Chiari I malformation -- something I've had my whole life, so that has always been the culprit. I'm happy the meds are providing relief and that your are feeling well enough to keep on going. I LOVE Chico's too! Loved your story of the pants!
  • Welcome back to the program Kathleen. Good luck and keep posting great recipes. Do you use low sodium soy sauce, 'cause I know it's loaded with it! I dumped all my soy sauce out when I started the diet (it was all old anyway), but I was going to buy som low sodium to use (very rarely probably).

Quote: Hi everyone, I am new and so glad I found this forum. I belonged to one kinda like this before my wt loss surgery several years ago and it really was so helpful and supportive. If I had known about MRC before that I might have just dieted as I nearly lost as much on it (60 lbs) as I did from the surgery (65). So far have kept off 100 lbs and am back on MRC to try to get to goal again. I kept off 25 from my last MRC time, 2 years ago and since it was the only diet that really worked for me I am back.

I don't know you folks here but I just wanted to say that reading your posts these last several days I just feel so proud of you! I'm proud of me too in fact, and it feels good to be back on MRC. I know with the encouragement of the counselor and people here I can make it to my goal.
    Kathleen
    iduc8em..
    Glad to have you back and back on plan as well. Good luck this week.
    Oh, did you go to the Today Show while you were in NYC? My husband and daughter were there the same time you were (May 11-18) and they were in the Today Show audience on Thursday the 15th.

Quote: WOW! I am glad I found you all again. I hate that I missed everyone's post since I've been gone. I know there were some losers so CONGRATS!

I went to Hilton Head Island with a few friends for a few days and was totally off plan. My home scale shows up 1 pound so that is not so bad. It's time to get back on the right plan though. I think it's an attitude that will get me back....I do not want to gain any of the weight I have lost, better choices, and feeling better. I also think of all of the things I will lose if I don't lose....feeling better, new smaller clothes, and admiration from my friends and family. Here's to better choices for everyone who is struggling.

I hope everyone has a great week!
    Melinda!!! Way to go! You look amazing and 102 pounds gone forever! OMG! That is just awesome. Your GS pics are so great. That's something I really want to do when I'm at goal as well! Thanks for the inspiration.

Quote: No, I totally don't mind you mentioning it! I had a hard time finding the site here. I can't believe our past 2 weeks is gone. Ah well, can't fight with technology.

Diana..Woohoo on that 4 pounds. Keep it up!

Quote: Thanks everyone for all the comments i appreciate it!! Congrats to all you that have had a loss this week also, And a big welcome to all the newbies.
    Judy..
    Glad to have you back and that things are settling down. I'm sorry (again) to hear about the heartbreaking stories from the storms, but so glad that people pulled together so well. That's amazing the amount of money raised and so great that you can give that to those who need it most.

I'm glad you're sticking with the plan (we're supposed to be accountability buddies, remember??). Let's get it done right this week! Yay for those smaller sized jeans! Just wait until you get in an 8! You'll be feeling awesome!

Quote: Thanks to so many of you for your kind thoughts, comments and suggestions in the posts that are now gone forever.

It truly feels great to be back with all of you. Hello to those I hadn't met before, congrats on all the continued successes, and thanks again to all of you for your support. I've really missed this forum!

Judy
    Gma to 4
    Jenny..
    Why did you decide to do the 2 meal plan? Just curious. You're down 33 pounds now! You can do this! You're doing great. I got to the 30 lb board and went off for almost 2 weeks! I'm going tomorrow morning and we'll see what damage was done and I'll have a heart to heart and get back on track.

Quote: This 2 meal plan has been kicking my butt today. I didn't realize how used to 3 meals I was until today! Man, I sure hope this thing works.
    Crystal..
    Thanks so much for this information. I got the Hoodia w/Green Tea (I got 2 big bottles at Sam's b/c I forgot you said they had it at the Dollar General). I think it was $17. Oh, well. Still WAY less than MRC. LMK if you see the Sea Thin for $30 again. How many pills is that for $30 or $40, and what does the Sea Thin "replace" from MRC? Is it the MRC6? I'm glad this stuff is working so well for you. I'm going to start the Hoodia/Green Tea tomorrow.

Quote: I know many of you had been curious abou the Sea Thin. Just thought I'd post my results...

Okay..Off to post a personal update.
  • Low Sodium Soy Sauce
    No, I use regular soy sauce, but as little as I can to get flavor, it doesn't take much. I think low sodium would be a great idea and will buy it next too. I use so little salt in my day and don't use the soy sauce daily it so doesn't seem to matter if I use a little soy sauce in cooking sometimes. That is, I use it and lose good anyway so I am concluding it is not a vitally important thing and SO enhances flavor! In my regular cooking I have always used it a lot. I think it's pretty important to have really tasty things to eat, to help us stick on the diet, what are others thoughts on that and what do you use?

So many of us have been through so many health and diet adjustments, we are really experts aren't we? I'm sure quitting or severely limiting salt is something many of us have been through. Just like sugar, it can be done without and other flavors discovered to be terrific without it. Some things I gotta have a little salt on tho! I used to think that included certain vegetables, like green peppers, cukes and celery, or I had to use some kind of dip, but slowly, aided by the diet rules of course, I have learned to really like my veggies plain. I can't picture french fries without salt but then I'm not eating them right now am I? I liked it on apples too. What else just isn't good without salt? What do you think?
  • Hi all!

Woo Hoo! I made it through my daughter's 21st birthday party....just ending now. I stayed OP all except for the one shot I had to have in her honor. I made several deserts and we had Dairy Queen Cake as well. I didn't even lick the spoons when making the Death by Chocolate! This reminds me of SHINE ON last fall when she was able to share the same thing about not licking the spoon or her fingers when cooking. Then we got pizza for dinner. I made my on plan dinner. I could not have done this last week! It is so nice to have a place to come and share my victories!

So many new "losers" to get to know.
    Thanks Crystal for sharing your losses with Sea Thin and Green Tea. I can't take Hoodia, but will try Green Tea without it as well as the Sea Thin.

Goal4life woohoo! How fantastic to make the 100 board. I can't wait to do that myself. I know it will happen!

GMA and Kathleen welcome back, it is nice to have others that are having new beginnings on the board and MRC like me!

Hope others had a great weekend also. I can't believe I am going to say this, but I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow! I again made it through the day meeting all my goals. I think this goal setting idea is working for me. I will have to see what other goals I need to add when I feel like I have made my current goals a habit! I would to love to hear from others who have specifically set goals for themselves and how they are doing. I think putting the goals in my MRC folder will be a real help on keeping me accountable!

Talk to you in the morning!
  • Sea Thin
    I can't find the beginning of the Sea Thin thread so could you write to tell me just what it is, active properties, what the effect is? Thanks for the tip about Walgreens, got that part! Every time I've tried hoodia I haven't stuck with it, I think I have a couple different bottles around the house someplace, don't know why I didn't keep it up.

Am I blocked from putting my picture up for some reason? Can't seem to get that to come up.
    Kathleen
  • Kathleen I agree about the salt. It has been hard for me to cut back. I use Kosher Salt Flakes. They are less in sodium and dissolve faster so I can use less! I can't imagine eggs without salt! I have not used soy sauce because of the sodium. Might have to try a drop or two sometime, but we will see!

Thanks for sharing your recipe!
  • On the salt issue. I have a sea sal grinder (McCormick's) and bought it specifically for eggs. However, I RARELY use it. I wasn't one to use salt before, though, so it's easier for me to NOT use it now. Although I have not given up regular coffee w/a splash of creamer, so we all have our vices.

I like tasty food, but I'm not big into spicy stuff and salt was never a big part of my diet. I love garlic and dill and lots of other seasonings so I guess I use that in the place of salt. I also use a TON of extracts for flavoring up my drinks.
  • Kathleen Here is the link where Donuts shared about Sea Thin and Green Tea http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...2&postcount=16

I use Guggle instead of Hoodia. It upset my stomach too much!

As for your picture, you may have to make so many posts before you can have a picture. I think I read that in someone's post. Not positive though!
  • Blueeyedangel- Thanks for the update on the supplements. Are those the only two you are taking? I am on the all day and they seem to be doing ok but.. if I could do it for cheaper well that would be great. Keep us posted.

Goal 4 life- How awsome for you! That is so great. I have 100 pounds to loose and will be looking for advice from you if thats ok. It is great to know that this is a goal that can happen.

Happy WI tomorrow.