What to eat before exercising

• I am getting ready to start on South Beach again. I did it 3 years ago and lost weight. I do weight training 2 times a week at 6:30 A.M. and am supposed to eat carbs before I go. Since we're not supposed to eat bread, oatmeal, etc. on Phase I....does anyone have a suggestion? Thank you!
  • It's difficult on Phase I. Maybe legumes for breakfast? I sometimes have chili.

By the way, do you have the book. I believe Dr A recommends holding off on exercise for the first part of Phase I.
  • I think if you've been exercising, it would be fine to keep going during Phase 1. I managed to keep up with my running, yoga, and elliptical workouts during Phase 1. I didn't increase my intensity at all, but I kept it up.

As far as what to eat...I don't eat before I exercise. It gets all knotted up in my belly if I do. If I were you, I'd eat a good, solid dinner the night before with a bunch of veggies and some beans, if you're used to eating beans. Then when I got back, I'd have a protein shake.

Good luck!

Kara