South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-29-2008, 12:30 AM   #1  

Default What to eat before exercising

I am getting ready to start on South Beach again. I did it 3 years ago and lost weight. I do weight training 2 times a week at 6:30 A.M. and am supposed to eat carbs before I go. Since we're not supposed to eat bread, oatmeal, etc. on Phase I....does anyone have a suggestion? Thank you!
dtbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:32 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's difficult on Phase I. Maybe legumes for breakfast? I sometimes have chili.

By the way, do you have the book. I believe Dr A recommends holding off on exercise for the first part of Phase I.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:04 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I think if you've been exercising, it would be fine to keep going during Phase 1. I managed to keep up with my running, yoga, and elliptical workouts during Phase 1. I didn't increase my intensity at all, but I kept it up.

As far as what to eat...I don't eat before I exercise. It gets all knotted up in my belly if I do. If I were you, I'd eat a good, solid dinner the night before with a bunch of veggies and some beans, if you're used to eating beans. Then when I got back, I'd have a protein shake.

Good luck!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote