Looking for some DFW losers!

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Good morning everyone!

I am trying to stay positive, but been a little hard lately. I know I will feel better once I see the pounds go down on my new scale. I have had it for 4 days now and not a change so far. I think some of it may be that I am still bloated or something. But I am going to stick with it! I know I have to see a change soon because I have been doing great on my eating. So for now I will try and stay positive!

Zoe, WELCOME! Nice to meet you. Glad you are joining us. We are the same height. What body style are you? I am an hourglass believe it or not under all of this extra padding. hehehe I remember when I weighed 155 and people would guess me at weighing 120!

Mel, I'm so proud of you! Great job having the chicken salad! That is soooooo hard to do in a restaurant! And I think what makes it even harder is that no one around you understands what a sacrifice you have just made! hehehe Well we do, and I just wanted to pat you on the back.

Asta, hope you are feeling ok! Haven't herd from you in a few days, and you said you felt like you maybe coming down with something. Hang in there!

Luckymom, let us know how the aerobics class went ok! I am sure you did great!

Later for now all!

feffyy

265/239/138(101 pounds to goal )
  • I forgot to ask, is everyone ok with this thread being as long as it is? I know some people have a hard time with their computers keeping up when it gets long like this one. I am ok with it, but you all tell me if you want me to start a new one ok.

feffyy
  • Hey there, I definately have something, achy, fever headache...
    see ya'll in a few days.

asta
  • Good Sunday Afternoon everyone!

Thanks for the welcome. I am so happy to see some DFW-er's here on 3FC.

asta ~ Hope you're feeling better soon. I was out of commission with a fever of 104 about 3 weeks ago. Rest up, that's all that will get you going again. Hey, what kind of puppy do you have?

Mel WTG on you staying on track when you went out to eat. I have the hardest time when we're out and that seems to be my problem.....we go out to eat so often.

feffyy ~ I think you and I are alike.....have an hourglass shape no matter HOW big we get. That's a big plus for us ~ makes us look like we weigh less than we do. I could never fit into Lane Bryant clothes since they are made for "fat" women and even though I tend to be one of those....(ugh, sorry, that's an aweful term), they are made to ballon out in my lower back and I have nothing there to fill it out.

About the thread being so long....if I can put my 2-cents in even though I'm new here.....I get lost when it even goes to page 2 so if y'all want to pick a number that we won't go over, whoever gets to that number can start a new thread. If you keep it long like this, that's fine too. I'm agreeable to anything.

Well, thanks for allowing me to be here and have a wonderful Sunday afternoon. Here's to a great new start tomorrow.....
  • Ready for warmer days!
    Good evening!

I know I said I like the cold but this is rediculous, come on Spring!

I had a nice weekend of sitting around the house, trying to stay warm. Although I didn't get around to walking today, I did pretty good with my eating. I choose to have the night off, since I did so well for the rest of the weekend, even saying that, I still didn't do to bad tonight! Now, I should be pleased when I weigh in tomorrow morning, right? I'm not feeling to great either, stomach cramps and head aches, probably my body saying feed me.

Feffyy, I have no problem with the thread as it is, but do what you think is best! I'm glad your not giving up on the positive attitude, you're doing great!

Asta, I hope you get well soon, we miss you!

Zoe, thanks for the kudos, we tend to eat out alot too, and it's really hard finding things that are ok to have, but I'll keep looking anyway. It's nice having you too!

Lucky, I hope you made it through the soreness, it'll only get better now! How was it? Good I hope!

Well, it's that time, I'm going to go get some rest so I can start all over tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good night

Mel
  • Good morning!
    Yippy! I weighed this morning, and I've officially lost 8lbs in 2 weeks! That definetly lifted my spirits, and should keep me going for a while. I know it's easier at the beginning, but it sure didn't seem like it? I guess there must be something in the air, cause my Asthma is giving me problems lately, and it's been harder to walk in the past couple of days. If I have too I guess I'll do my breating treatment before I walk and maybe that'll help?

I hope y'all have a wonderful day! WARMER!!!

Mel

270/262 /170
  • Morning all!

Hope everyone is having a great morning! IT IS SOOOOO COLD! BURRRRRRR I grew up in Colorado and I don't ever remember being as cold as I have been here in Texas. But then again I don't want to complain to much because this is still better then the Texas summers! A little to hot and muggy for my taste.

Well I did great again yesterday on my eating. I even made some chicken chili. It turned out pretty good, and I made a big pot of it so I will have some for the next few days.

Well, day # 5 with new scale and still no change. SIGH If another weeks goes by and still nothing then I will have to re-evaluate and do something different. Keeping fingers crossed!

Poor Asta, Get some rest and get to feeling better! Miss you!

Zoe, I know what you mean about the clothes for "Fat women" I hate them too. They don't fit my shape at all. They make me look twice my size. I wear allot of black, and things that streamline my figure. Like long black skirts, or dresses with a long button down shirt over them. Crop pants are nice too. I have even bought shirts from the maternity isle because they are usually long but are fuller at the bottom. I really don't think anyone would ever guess my "true" weight. I have skinny hands, feet, ankles, face and neck. I kind of look like a large size Jessica Rabbit.

Mel, don't you get sick too! Take some vitamins Sounds like you are doing great on your eating! I hope your scale was nice to you this morning. Have you been on a plateau like me lately?

As far as starting a new thread goes, for now I will leave things as they are. How about when we reach page 5 I start a fresh one up? That sounds like a good even #. I will word it exactly the same except I will put a # 2 by it ok.

Well talk to you all soon! Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day!

feffyy

• Mel, we posted at the same time! hehehehehe

WAY TO GO!!!!! 8 pounds!

Good idea on doing the breathing treatment before a walk.

talk to you soon!
    Feffyy
  • Good Evening my fellow DFW-er's

Mel ~ CONGRATS!!! 8 pounds in 2 weeks is great!! Keep up the good work. And I agree, this cold weather can GO! I can't believe that we saw snow twice in 2 weeks!! I moved from the Catskill Mts in NY to get away from this.....Spring, spring, spring....where are you????

feffyy ~ WTG on doing so well lately. I am really back on track now and I'm so glad I found you guys here. Don't worry about the scale not moving....I'd give it at least another week. What kind did you say it was?

Well, gotta run....time to get on the treadmill. Have a great evening y'all

Zoe ~~
    220/195/148
  • Today was definitely better! I haven't felt like exercising yet, but the achiness is gone and I can function again.

I'll be glad to really get back to normal. We leave on Friday for 4 days of skiing in Colorado. My friends laugh at this but the reason that we are skiing is that I always lose weight when we ski. I had put on 8 lbs in December and skiied for 9 days after Christmas and dropped that 8 plus another 9 for a total of 16 and I haven't had any trouble keeping it off. When I got home from our Christmas ski trip and got on the scale, I picked up the phone and booked another ski trip. My kids love to ski but my poor DH still hasn't gotten the hang of it. He is a real sweetie to go along and help carry all of our stuff when he doesn't ski and can't stand cold weather.

have a good evening!

asta
  • Morning!
    Hi ladies,

I sure am glad that Mondays over, for some crazy reason Mondays are always so hard for me! Like every Monday is my first day on my diet? I stay hungry all day, and feel drained. I did pretty good, even though I felt like blowing it! Will-power is a strange thing, you get used to having it, and it gets easier to have it?

Asta, I'm glad you're feeling better, sounds like you'll have a great weekend!

Feffyy, those scales will cooperate, they just need a little time! You and Zoe are right about the cold weather, but I dread summer coming too, moved here from Baton Rouge, La. where it's lots more humid, so this doesn't seem quite as bad. But almost!

At least, I feel I'm breathing better. I think the really cold air was giving me the problems.

Well, I guess I'm going to get my day started with a walk. Y'all have a good day!

Mel
  • Ahhhhh tired this morning...

How is every ones morning going? Great I hope! Does anyone else in here jump on the scale first thing every morning?

Zoe, my new scale is a "Taylor Professional" It was about $45.00 and is supposed to be accurate with the Doctors scale. This is allot for me to spend on a scale that makes me feel bad . hehehehe Well maybe it will start going down soon. It just has to, I have been doing soooo great on my eating. I am still going to stick it out! I am just awaiting the day I will step on it and see it start going down. I really need the boost!

Asta, Glad you are feeling better. I envy anyone that is able to ski! I am the worlds worst skier! I grew up in Colorado, and every year some times twice a year my dad would make us go skiing. I am the one you see that can't jump off of the chair lift with out taking out a few people with me. About two years ago I gave it another try. Me, my husband and our two kids went to Breckenridge. The kids went to ski school and did awesome, my hubby did awesome, and me, once again fell off the chair lift. I went down the mountain once and kept falling down and wasn't able to get back up. Then my hubby talked me into going down again. I made it half way and after falling the whole way I started crying, took of my ski's and walked the rest of the way down. I don't know why? But I just can't do it. That is awesome that you loose so much weight when you go!

Well off to make a pot of coffee for me! Talk to you all tomorrow! Hope everyone has a great day

feffyy

• Mel
    I understand about Mondays. Sorry I can't be in DFW with Asta, Zoe, Feffy and you. West
    Virginia is cold, cold, cold. I am still fighting with my scales too. I bought some pickled mushrooms must have alot of salt because I gained without increasing my intake. Made it to aerobics and plan to return this Friday. Walking is difficult in this weather but I try anyway. Hope all of you Texans are fine. Love to be there. Bet you are warmer than me....Got to go
  • hehehehe
    Mel, we did it again

We posted at the same time.

You sound a little blue. Hope your Tuesday goes better then Monday for you. I hear what you are saying about the willpower thing. I have had a terrible time lately. Your day will perk up after your walk.

feffyy
  • Now we posted at the same time luckymom..... hehehe

What a crazy morning.

I am sure it is a water gain if you were eating pickles.... Don't worry you are doing great!

feffyy