Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 08:13 AM   #31  
One day at a time.

Default Try,try again

Well, yesterday was a bust but it's on for today. I made some bad food choices but it ain't over till the thin lady sings! So I have to work harder, and gain more will power to get through this but I know I'm not perfect and that's fine with me! I bought some audio books to listen to while I walk, so I'm ready to turn up the heat and get skinny!!!!

I'm not thrilled about this snow coming in, I love to be outside on the weekends and my husband was planning a fishing trip for the family. I know it'll be gone quick, so I'll get over it, and just spend the time at the gym!

Feffyy, I proud that you confided in us, remember that sometimes you gotta live a little. It's alright to treat yourself once in a while, with a movie comes Pizza & Popcorn. We won't give up, and we'll help each other be strong.

Asta, it sounds like you had a good visit with your Nutritionist! Keep up the good work everyone!

Mel
Old 02-28-2002, 09:13 AM   #32  

Angry

Morning!

Hmmmmm I don't know what is going on. I think I am bloated. I gained back two pounds overnight. I am a little frustrated. My period jumps around so I never can tell when I am going to go on it for sure. But I think this is what happened.

I am glad that this is the last day of the month though. I keep a record of my measuments and weight that I do once a month on the 1st. So for me it's sort of a new beginning. Looks like I am only going to be able to put down a 5 pound loss for February though though.

My new goal for the end of March is to see the 100's! I know I can do it! By the end of March I will be at 195 pounds!

Mel, that's a good attitude to have! I am going to try and be that way too. And not beat my self up to much for not being perfect.

Talk to you later girls!

feffyy

235/209/128(81 pounds to goal )
Old 02-28-2002, 09:18 AM   #33  

Angry

Hey I forgot to ask..... How do you add a pic by your name? Like the one of the puppy you have mel, and the one of the flower you have asta.

feffyy
Old 02-28-2002, 10:34 AM   #34  
One day at a time.

Default hi

Feffyy, I don't know, it added it for me? And as for the 2 lbs. Maybe you need more water, I think your body retains it when you're not getting enough!

I'm about to go get on my treadmill and work off some calorie from yesterday!
Good luck with your short term goal, you can do it!

I think I should set a small goal too, instead of 96lbs total. OK, I want to lose 16lbs. this month! I guess I'm going get started on that! have a great day! Thanks for all of your support!!

Mel
Old 02-28-2002, 10:55 AM   #35  
Chocoholic

Angry Hey, Mel, Feffy, and Asta

Mom's bck. Feffy my cat was added when I signed up. The program asked me to pick and I did. As for the two pounds Mel is right your body tends to retain water more if it thinks it is being deprived. Try plain water. Soft drinks have sodium bicarb which will encourage fluid retention due to the sodium. Drink enough soda and we will all look like the Good Year Blimp
I am trying to set small goals too. 100 lbs is to far away. If I can lose 10 lbs I would be happy. Hope you do alright with the smaller goal. See ya!
Old 03-01-2002, 01:57 AM   #36  

Unhappy the ugly trouth...

Sigh,

Well I had to face something ugly today.

I bought a new scale. The one I had was very old, and I knew it was a little off anyway. As most bathroom scales are. I figured if I was going to be serious about getting this weight off I needed a serious scale. So I went and got one of those expensive Doctor accurate scales and WOW mine was more then a little off. Sigh. It was 30 POUNDS OFF! HOLEY COW! (no pun intended)

But I am glad I did it. Now I know my "true" weight. And the worst is behind me now.

Thanks for the advice on drinking the water girls. I took it and have been drinking H2O all day

I think we are on the right track about small goals at a time. Little, by little we will get there!

I am also going to be more realistic about my ultimate weight goal. I was trying to shoot for 128 pounds. I don't think I have weighed that little since I was in middle school. And the more I think about it, this would just be to thin for me, and may be just leading me towards failure. All threw High School and when I first got married I weighed between 135-145 pounds. This was pretty thin for me. It put me in a size 9-12. I am 5'7" tall so that is a healthy weight for me, and I feel comfortable there. So I am going to change it to 138 pounds!

As always thanks for being there for me, and thanks for listening. Talk to you all soon!

(ps. since my scale was 30 pounds off I am changing my start weight also.)

feffyy

265/239/138(101 pounds to goal )
Old 03-01-2002, 08:44 AM   #37  

Good morning girls!

feffyy - bummer about the scale being so off. I got a new scale a little over a year ago and checked it against the dr's scale and they actually matched, so I go with that one.

I played tennis for 3 hours yesterday in a little tournament and I really hurt today. Every part of my body hurts, I think that I may be coming down with something, I'm congested too. My period also started.

Well, enough complaining. We got a 3 1/2 month old Golden Retriever puppy on Wednesday and he is adorable. I'm hoping that his need for walks will help get the whole family moving a little more.

Have a good weekend!

asta
Old 03-01-2002, 09:23 AM   #38  
One day at a time.

Default Good morning!

Hello ladies!

Feffyy, that's a bummer about the scale, but don't let it get you down and out. You can do this, so don't worry about what those scales say, just keep at it and it'll pay off!

Wow! Asta, you go girl! I know I couldn't handle an hour of Tennis at this stage, you're doing great! Sorry you're feeling under the weather, everyone has been sick here too, it's that time of the year again! I hope you feel better soon!

As for me, I was hungry all day yesterday! But I still did pretty good with my eating, except I had a little too much sodium because I'm retaining fluid today. Didn't get to go to the gym today after all, my husband pulled a muscle on Monday and it's still bothering him. I did walk on my treadmill though. I'm still hyped up about the whole diet & weight loss plan, seeing a little loss really helped with that. I can honestly say that I want this more than I've ever wanted anything,and I'm determined to do this! Just need a little encouragement for time to time!

Anyway, I'm ready to get my day going! I hope y'all have a good one!

Mel
Old 03-01-2002, 09:47 AM   #39  
Chocoholic

Default Hi gals!

It's me MOM. Just signed on for a brief hello have a call coming for some work at 10:00 a.m. EST
so cn't stay. I am so happy for everyone. Seems we are all heading in th right direction. I plan on doing the aerobics tonight after work. We will see how that turns out. It's been nearly 2 years since I last did something like this. No, I did not weigh in but I am keeping a food log only had 1600 cal yesterday. Small success. Headed down Dr. says I need to be on 1200 that's hard. Will try again today. See ya Later Gators Luckymom1
Old 03-01-2002, 01:13 PM   #40  

Angry new day for me...

Morning all!

Well yesterday was a little hard to get threw. But today I am starting over! I really need to stop obsessing. I am so stressed out about going to see my family in July that it's hard to think about anything else. I was stressing out about weighing 209 and trying to get some weight off before I go and see them. Now I feel hopeless. No matter how much I take off I will still be overweight when I go. So what I am going to do is just try and accept things the way they are, and do the best i can!

Asta, WOW! three hours of tennis? That is awesome! Sorry you are not feeling well . Everyone at my house had it about two weeks ago BLAH! Get some antibiotics and snuggle up with your new puppy and you will feel better in no time

Mel, I love your attitude! That is how I feel also about wanting this more then I have wanted anything! Also good job on doing your treadmill!

HI luckymom, Sounds like you are doing great! Let us know how your aerobics class went ok! Also great idea on keeping the food log.

Talk to you all soon!
feffyy
Old 03-01-2002, 04:52 PM   #41  
One day at a time.

Default Still going!

I'm still going like the energizer bunny!!!!

Feffyy, I know you're still upset about yesterday but I hope you stay with that new attitude! Your family will love you, no matter what you weigh. I know you want it bad, and you'll get there, just don't give up. Take one day at a time, don't think about how to get through the week, concentrate on what you can do today.

Thanks for listening to me, and being there for me too! I really appreciate having y'all to share my feelings with! I don't have any friends here, and it's nice to have someone to go through this with me.

Please forgive me if I ever say the wrong things, I truly do mean well, and I enjoy being a part of this! Sorry I'm so sappy, for some reason I just feel a little sad. Maybe the ugly weather! I think I'll go take a walk on my treadmill, that'll perk me up!

Y'all are Great! Don't worry, Be HAPPY!!!!!!!!

Mel
Old 03-02-2002, 02:21 AM   #42  

Angry

Thankyou for the pick me up mel!

Hope you are not feeling sad anymore after the walk on your treadmill.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

feffyy

265/239/138(101 pounds to goal )
Old 03-02-2002, 08:57 AM   #43  
One day at a time.

Default much better!

Good morning!

I think today is going to be a brighter day (not weather wise?), I felt really good as soon as my eyes opened at 5:ish! Unfortunately, I never got around to walking yesterday my husband came in from work early and had other plans. So, today I've got to make up for it, and I sure am glad I have a treadmill cause I'd hate to have to get out in this freeeeeeezing cold! Oh, I'm so excited, we went out to eat last night and y'all would have been so proud, I stuck with my plan and ordered a chicken salad, and drank lots of water! Maybe that's why Ifeel so good this morning!!!!!!

Feffyy, always remember that you're special and if you want to lose weight enjoy doing it. Obsessing is not good for you, and makes the diet plan harder to do! Anyway, look at what you've lost already, don't worry, the rest will come off too! (DWBH - don't worry be happy! my new motto)

Asta, how are you, doing better I hope! How's that new puppy, lots of fun I'm sure! I love puppies, and with my job I better, right!

How were aerobics lucky, I'm sure you'll be plenty sore today but you know what? Being sore is a good thing cause you can actually feel that you're changing your body for the better!

Well, I'm off to walk the treadmill of life or something? You ladies have a happy weekend!

Mel
Old 03-02-2002, 03:54 PM   #44  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone!!!

I'm in DFW too and was so happy to see this thread! I started a similar thread WAY BACK but there weren't any DFW's here....this is great!

I live and work in east FW. I'm 46, married and have 2 children. I have been a 'professional dieter' for many years but now want to get rid of this extra weight once and for all!! I have about 47 more pounds to lose but this is a tentative number. I really do look THIN at 150-155 (I'm 5'7") so as I get closer to that, I will re-evaluate this number.

Hope you have room for one more.......

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
220/195/148
Old 03-02-2002, 04:15 PM   #45  
One day at a time.

Default Hi

Good afternoon!

Hi Zoe, it's nice to have you! Always room for one more! Sounds like you're doing great, look forward to getting to know you! Good luck

Mel
Closed Thread