Slimming world support thread 2

You're on Page 6 of 17
Go to
  • Morning all....well due to x-mas our WI was a day early and I've lost 3 1/2 lb...woohoooo, I'm really chuffed....now I can go to Germany next week and enjoy myself. As long as I stay above my stone I'll be happy.

Peacock, the Rochers recipe is deadeasy. Take 10 Ryvitas and crush them. Put 4tbsp Nutella in a bowl and put it in the microwave for 20 or 30secs to melt it a bit. Then mix it with the Ryvitas and divide it into 28-30 little paper cupcake forms (should be about 1tsp each)....and thats it....
  • Oh cheers! Doesn't it taste 'cardboard-ey' though?????
  • Sorry Moony - congrats on the loss!!!!!
  • No not at all......tastes just like the real thing.....
  • Hi

I joined slimming world again... third time's the charm, I'm hoping. Have lost 1 stone 8.5lbs so far. I have a long journey ahead but I just tell myself "keep moving forward", one step at a time. Today is the only day that matters, that's what I tell myself.

Hope you all had a good christmas. any plans for the new year?

Rosy
  • Hi Everyone,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread! I joined 3fc years ago but haven't been around for a long while. I'm sick and tired of the way that I look and feel. I feel like my life is passing me by and I want to get back the person that I know I can be. I weighed in this morning at 190.5lbs, so have about 55lbs to lose. Decided to follow the Slimming World plan, which I've done before, and once I got into it I really liked it. Unfortunately, I wasn't really in the right frame of mind before, but right now I feel very motivated and determined to get my weight problem under control once and for all. I look forward to getting to know you all and hope that we can give support and encouragement to each other on our roads to success.
  • Hi all, ment to write last week, but wasn't at work and my computer kept crashing at home. But well......Happy new year everyone!!!!

Rosylee and Nichola, welcome to the forum and welcome back to SW!!!!! What an exiting time to join again. Our group leader revealed the new extra flexible plan to us in the last meeting. How great...the disbelief in our groups faces was great to watch lol.....

Surprisingly, after a foodfest in germany I have not gained any weight. I couldnt believe it. We were really eating like its going out of fashion, and then no gain......I'm soooo chuffed. Don't think I've lost any this week either tho, as I haven't followed the plan really. But I'm back at work and back on track now.
  • Hello all and Happy New Year!!

This is the first day officially of the new me - the one that won't be mainlining chocolate and crisps (sigh!) but will be guzzling down her home made Shrek Swamp soup! So called cos it is green and swamp like. Mainly got cabbage and carrot in it, plus garlic and a bit of onion and some celery plus stock cube so very much like that cabbage soup thingy I suppose. When that is finished I am going to do a spicy sweet potato one.

I just think it will be so much better to have a soup at night rather than looking in the freezer for naughties and cooking a big meal. Quicker too when I just want to get home and watch Celebrity BB - Oh I mean study!!!!

I think I may well have lost some inches from my waist before Christmas. The scales said I lost sopme poundage but of course that was pre Christmas and the mad 'eat everything now cos tomorrow you diet' kind of thing. A friend of mine bought me 2 ready prepared Irish whiskies from marks - you just microed them for 45 secs. I had one New Years Eve and one on my birthday 2nd). Yummy!

Another friend treated me to a lunch at Pizza Express - very nice I had the Banoffi pie with extra mascarpone. I had a goats cheese pizza which was nice but the onion 'marmalade' or whatever they are calling it this year, was rather sweet which spoilt is a bit.

Hope you all enjoyed your Christmases/holidays and New Years etc etc.

C'mon - let's make this a year to remember!!!
  • heeeyyy peacock, good to have u back this year......ohhh the food, the glorious food......I had a baguette yesterday and oh my god i enjoyed it sooo much....but no more white bread for me lol.....

anyhow, u should get urself back to a meeting! lots of changes in the plan this year!!!
  • Oh - It is doubtful that I can cos of my studies I don't yet know how many evenings I will be out. I will just have to do healthy eating in the SW way I knew rather than know now!

Now if those Irish whiskies were 0 points (as if!!!) I would be a very happy lady!!!
  • Thats a wee shame, but anyway, the new plan is called extra easy, basically you can eat everything thats free on one day....so u can have meat and potatoes together. the only difference is that u are only allowed one A and one B choice on those days.....spabol here i come lol.....

by the way, did u try to make the rochers?
  • hey... just thought id say hi
    rejoined slimming world yesterday... did it over a year ago and lost 2 stone but gave up... much more motivated this time. Have a huge amount to lose but at least im on the right track now.
  • Hey everyone, I am REALLY thinking about going back to slimming world,inspire me with your tales of weightloss etc;-)
  • Hey folks.

Happy new year everyone. Been awhile since I dropped in. Hi to all the newbies.

Moonchild - I tryed the rochers. Nice aren't they? Did you try that Baileys desert thing in the mag last month? That was lovely too

Hows everyone doing? I put 3 and half pounds on over xmas but am rededicating myself to it now. I have a wedding in September I want to look good for!

New plan - not sure about this. Sounds good but I do like my healthy extra's. I mean Ive usually used all 4 up at work. Cereal for brekkie, 2 slices of 400g bread for lunch, a hifi bar in the afternoon when hunger hits and my milk allowance during the day. I might keep sticking to the regular one.

Redgirl - you deffo want to get back. Ive lost over 3 stone since August last year and I'll be honest I was dubious about staying for the class aspect but now I love it having got to know some of the folks each week. Mine are of all ages. Theres one bloke Terry whos a senior and although he has loads to loose hes the funniest and nicest guy. Has us all in stitches everyweek. The supports great as is the recipe and idea swopping

Somersetgirl27 - Welcome back! You took a really positive step. Well done you!

Peacock - if you can't make to class have you though about doing it online? If not keep popping on here and we can be your class!
  • Good morning all.....wow the forum is getting busier again, thats fab!!!!

Somerset, welcome back to SW and to the forum. It's good to see people rejoining. And if you're in the right mindset, I'm sure you will do well.

Redgirl, welcome to the forum. The only thing I can say is: GO BACK TO THE MEETINGS!!!! LOL......no but seriously, now it's the best time to join, and if you buy the 'Womans' magazine, there should be a voucher in there, so you do not have to pay a joining fee. The plan has changed quiet a bit, and is a lot more flexible now. I've rejoined in November and lost over a stone already. Haven't been following the plan strictly over christmas, but I haven't gained anything in the last 3 weeks, which is definetely a plus. I'm back on track again since Monday.

Debs, haven't tried the baileys thing, isn't it with coffee? I don't really like coffee. About the new plan....I'm loving it, it's so much less to think about. Have been doing it for the last 3 days, and to be honest I do not miss the HE's at all. I usually used my B choices for chicken, and since I can eat that now, I have my HE left. I'm not a big cereal eater, so I don't need any milk there either. But I guess everyone has different preferences......I will try to do the extra easy plan for a week and see how my loss is. If I don't loose I just go back to red and green days, since I know for sure that they work lol.