TBL "WMB" - Blue Team Chat

You're on Page 3 of 124
Go to
  • 1. What do you prefer we call you? Either Dee or Dixie

2. What weightloss plan are you using? Southbeach

3. What is your favorite exercise?
    Walking the local college track

4. What is one area that you struggle? Strength training? what's that?

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? Knowledge, I know exactly what I should be doing, it's just the actual doing that gets lost sometimes.

6. What is your short term goal? To get below 162.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? 162 - wear shorts again. When I reach my ultimate goal I'm going on a walking tour of Ireland.

8. Best weight loss tip? Consistency, not perfection!

9. Bob or Jillian? Bobalicous! But I luv Jillian too!

10. Tell us about yourself! My intro is above, but I'll add that I'm originally from West Virginia and moved to Florida in 2000.
  • Morning everyone!
    I am zinkemomx2 and I am a 242 pound, 32 year old SAHM to 3.25 YO twins. I have PCOS and am hypothyroid. I have always been heavy and I am tired of it. I don't like not having clothes that fit. I hate not being able to keep up with my kids. I don't like being looked down upon by those that are healthy and fit. I have issues. More often than not I would prefer to sit in front of the computer and hide from life than exercise. I will admit though that I feel better about myself when I exercise regularly and I am trying to change that. I am working on starting a new routine that gets me up before the kids and doing a workout video and weights. I am hoping by the end of this challenge to be under 230 pounds and that exercising will be much higher of a priority for me.
  • 1. What do you prefer we call you? Marianne

2. What weightloss plan are you using? Bob Greene's Best Life Diet

Aquacize or a looong trail-walk in Pacific Spirit Park with a girlfriend.

4. What is one area that you struggle? I lose slowly and get discouraged. <--- Rhonda, ME TOO!

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at?
    I keep the faith - I remember that I am in control over my life, that this is a long process, and, most importantly, that my self-worth is NOT defined by the scale or my pants size.

6. What is your short term goal? For the challenge, I want to beat the 190s once and for all!

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? New bras! I know it seems funny, but I'm a 38G right now, so my bras are pricey, and hopefully I'll need new, smaller ones soon!

8. Best weight loss tip? Don't tie your worth to your dieting. We are all SO much more than our weight or diet.

9. Bob or Jillian? Gahhh I can't choose. Bob is the hotttttness. Jillian is a hottie too, though, and I think she'd kick my *** more than Bob. I need the beat down sometimes, and she seems better at it than Bob.

10. Tell us about yourself! Hi! I'm Marianne! I'm 22yrs and live in beautiful Vancouver, BC. I live with my 24yr old DBF, Adam, and we'll be celebrating our 5yr anniversary in early February. I just finished at university (BA in Sociology, minor in Psych) in December, and I'm continuing to work for a small non-profit. I was always a curvy girl, but never fat until I moved to Van for university. As a kid, I was always playing sports and dancing, walking everywhere, and eating well at home. Then I moved over here for university, started sitting on my butt all the time, and stopped eating my mum's healthy cooking, and on came the extra weight. My goal weight (160) is set from what I weighed when I graduated HS - I was fit, strong, and healthy, and I can't wait to be back there!
  • 1. What do you prefer we call you? Erin

2. What weightloss plan are you using? Calorie counting

3. What is your favorite exercise? Hiking with my dog

4. What is one area that you struggle? I'm an emotional eater.

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? I'm stubborn. Nothing motivates me like surveys that say that virtually no one can maintain a large weight loss.

6. What is your short term goal? I want a "healthy" BMI -- for me, that means hitting 155 pounds.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? I don't know yet...probably a new outfit.

8. Best weight loss tip? Write down what you eat (including the "nibbles"). It keeps you accountable and helps you look back and see what works and what doesn't.

9. Bob or Jillian? I want my arms to look like Jillian's. I'd love to work with either of them, though (no comment on the fact that there's not a "Kim" option ).

10. Tell us about yourself! Aside from what I've written earlier... I'm a sports junkie, although I'm not coordinated enough to play anything! My favorite is college basketball, men's and women's (Go Duke!). I'm also obsessed with The Office, and I'm ready to the writer's strike to be over!
  • Hi Blue Team

I'm Sara.

This is my first challenge and I'm so ready to start this thing!

My weigh in day is on Wednesdays.

My exercise revolves around my treadmill and some free weights/DVD's.

I am a food-a-holic. I think about food from the time I wake up till the time I fall asleep.

I have my daughter's wedding coming up and have vowed to lose this excess weight before her big day. That's my incentive.
    She and I are both working out. We've become long distance work out buddies. She lives in another state, but we talk each day on the phone to encourage one another.

I look forward to being part of this team and getting to know as many of you as I can!

GO BLUE TEAM!!!!!!
  • Hi Gals! I cant wait to meet and get to know you all! I am a HUGE BL fan and I cant wait til we win this competition!!

1. What do you prefer we call you? Kimberly

2. What weightloss plan are you using? LA Weight Loss

3. What is your favorite exercise? Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim Program

4. What is one area that you struggle? TOM and Chocolate..Need I say more?

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? Keeping a consistent workout routine
    6. What is your short term goal? To get to 220.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? Going on a date with my husband. He has never seen me lighter than 225!
    8. Best weight loss tip? Don't go on a diet!! Change your lifestyle! Look at the positive and believe it!

9. Bob or Jillian? Bob!!! Believe me, I was MORE than happy to be a BLUE team member!!!

10. Tell us about yourself! I am 23 years old, a wife of almost 3 years to my husband Jason who is also 23. We have a little boy who will be 2 next month named Bradley (Whose pic is in my profile!) We have 2 cats Cleo and Deucey who I also call my children. I work as a Test Center Administrator and I am also a Nursing student. I plan to graduate and hopefully work in Obstetrics or in a Hospital on the L&D floor. I am a Christian, and I thank God for every step of this weight loss journey I have completed. Without him and the support of my family and friends I couldnt do this!
  • Hello Blue team!

Chellez...I am happy for you guys! A new house, woohoo, so exciting for sure! And hey, I bet you will lose weight this week. With all the moving...that is a lot of exercise there alone!

Marianne...thank you for the laugh...loved the cartoon!

Rhonda...thanks for the questionaire if you will, good idea!

Hi to everyone else

1. What do you prefer we call you? Cristina

2. What weightloss plan are you using? Portion Control & lots of exercise!

3. What is your favorite exercise? Walking on the treadmill, and all my WATP dvd's

4. What is one area that you struggle? I lose slowly and get discouraged-me too!

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? I never quit. I struggle and get frustrated but I never quit.

6. What is your short term goal? One pound at a time! But for the challenge I went with a measly 12...figured one pound a week is good and anything over is a bonus!

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? An exercise dvd, a cd or a book.

8. Best weight loss tip? Just Do it! And don't quit! My son told me this time "You better NOT quit!" and that has stuck with me.

9. Bob or Jillian? Bob

10. Tell us about yourself! I feel like the grandma here, lol-but I don't feel old so...I am 48 yrs young! I am a SAHW...I say wife because the kids don't need me anymore, lol. They always need us really. Have a son in college, one in the army (HOOAH) and a dd who is undecided at this time, and a angel baby. Married for the second time almost 9 years (widowed the first time). KS transplant. I've not always been big...not sure why I let myself go when I married the first time except that DH was always feeding me, lol. Then had three children. Not making excuses because it is no one's fault but my own. I had lost quite a bit when DH#1 was killed but then that dreaded circle of life...met DH#2 and started slowly gaining. Lost a baby and turned to food and put the weight on fast. Worked my way back up to 213 and have been trying to lose ever since. I know I will never be the weight I was when I first married, not even trying to get there. I just want to be at a healthy, comfortable weight for me now. And that is why I am undecided about my actual goal weight...I am aiming for 160 to see if that is where I want to be or if I want to continue and lose another 5-10. I'm thinking my goal weight will end up being 155...but I'll see when I get there. I am happy to be here at 3fc & on this challenge!

Today will be a sort of lazy day workout...I am still not up to par but I have to exercise! I have to! So I am aiming for an hour on the treadmill and do a WATP dvd. Not all at the same time because it would kill me! I did post pictures...I may post another at a later date to show my face, or maybe use one as my avatar.

Have a GREAT day BLUE TEAM!
  • 1. What do you prefer we call you? Rosalie

2. What weightloss plan are you using? Calorie counting, and usually having 5-6 smallish meals per day (similar to Body For Life but without all the meat and cottage cheese since I don't eat that stuff)

3. What is your favorite exercise? I've been really into running lately (and pretending to train for the marathon), but I also really like pilates or hitting the cardio machines at the gym for a gossip session with friends.

4. What is one area that you struggle? Eating while bored/stressed/drunk. Being stressed and/or drunk way too often because of school.

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? I am fortunate enough to REALLY like fresh veggies and most of the time I really like working out too.

6. What is your short term goal? I'd really like to drop the 20(!) lb I've gained since I started law school in summer 06, and be able to wear all my smallest clothes (and not be able to wear my fat pants!)

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? Clothes! And maybe a pedicure if my feet aren't too banged up from all the running.

8. Best weight loss tip? (1) make your routine as effort-free as possible by planning out all your meals and shopping ahead of time and (2) anytime I don't feel motivated to do a planned workout, I put on my sports bra and then I'm committed because I feel like a loser if I just take it back off and put it in the drawer!

9. Bob or Jillian? I have to admit, I don't see the appeal of Bob so much. Jillian seems like a tough broad and someone I might like, but I have a trust issue with blond guys for no particular reason. I do like his tattoos though.

10. Tell us about yourself! Hey ladies! I'm a single chick living in NYC and going to law school. I just started the second half of my second year, which means I am over halfway done (yay). I generally stick to a vegan diet, but do not be fooled, the vegan diet does not make you slim automatically, since all the best things in life (bread, chocolate, wine) are available in fully vegan versions and are just as delectable and high-cal. I do eat tons of tofu and other great protein-y things too, so I never really feel like I'm missing out. Anyway, I'm stoked to do my first TBL challenge, and get a big jumpstart moving in the right direction.
  • Hi Everyone! I'm excited to do this! I'm 38 and have been trying to lose weight for a long time. I know what I need to do, just need to stay commited...this group will be great for accountability! I don't know much about forums, or about what to do for this challenge, other than lose weight (haha). Any suggestions for what to read, where to post, where pics need to go, how to do all that fun stuff. Sorry, not normally a "needy" person, but I want to do things right and not let down the team by missing something. GO TEAM! Speaking of "team," I just got back from the Packer game this weekend in Lambeau, so I'm only eating water based foods today to try to lighten up my cheese and brat filled intestines, sorry for the graphics. I have a great workout planned, along with cashing in on a free sauna opportunity, so my Monday is starting out with "cleansing" involved. Get rid of those weekend toxins!

I've been overweight for a decade now, wow that's a long time, and I want to enter my 40's feeling better than I did in my 20's (when I was in shape). I'm an active person, LOVE disc golf, but the winters in WI put the kabash on my outdoor activities and that's when by food friends come around ( I love food!). I'm ready to shed the weight and this community will be awesome to share in the experience. GO BLUE!
  • Oops, didn't see the questionaire:
    Elizabeth;
    superfoods/healthy foods/ a "diet" for life;
    hiking/disc golfing/yoga/Gilad aerobics = ) / weight lifting/walking/elliptical;
    I struggle with eating when tired or when socializing;
    I LOVE the taste of healthy foods...I think it's a mind thing
    I plan to lose 15 -20 lbs and buy some high heels and boots
    BEST TIP: The power of the mind! Positive thinking folks! It's my new tool for life...feels great!
  • Victoria - Wow 18 and a sophomore. How old were you when you graduated high school? I'm also in college but for business and I guess I'm what you'd consider a senior. I go to a technical school so there's really not a defined level.

Erin- What part of Tennessee are you from? My husband and I went to Nashville for our honeymoon and it was a wonderful trip. The mountains are gorgeous when we were driving by cause it was last summer. Historical writings sounds like a very interesting profession to have but I think I'd only be entertained if I was allowed to read them all day instead of keeping track of them. What university do you work for?

Jenn - to The Biggest Loser Challenge! It's great to have you along for the ride. Is your husband currently overseas? I know there's another lady on our team named 707Goddess who's husband is also in the military.

Karen - on having 6 days off! I wish I could take my vacation but I don't get another week until June. However I am taking unpaid vacation on Wednesday to paint the house so I'm sure I'll survive til then. We'll be here to get you motivated for that 6 days of exercise!

Marianne - I don't have flappy arms or droppy buns yet! However I have quite a large set of buns and a large tummy!

Brenda - on being down a few pounds already! I have a feeling the competition will be fierce this first week so we will need all the help we can get!

Dee - I totally just realized that I put you and One Fluffy Chick on the same team so now when I'm scrolling I'll be seeing plenty of furribabies! I'm really glad you still have the motivation to lose weight even after all of those emotional events! I've been in a few car wrecks but they pale in comparison to a head on car wreck. You're determination can help show me that I need to apply the same to my weight loss.

Rhonda - AWWWWW! I'm telling!

Zinke - I feel your pain about hiding from the world by a computer. After I became unemployed in 2004 for 6 months, my husband was playing a lot of online games and of course I started too. I was playing Everquest 2, World of Warcraft and City of Heroes all at once and hiding in my apartment. I still play World of Warcraft and sometimes its hard for me to tear myself away from it long enough to do stuff on the weekend. I'm hoping that getting my treadmill next week helps fix that problem.

Sara - How sweet is that you and your daughter are working out together across states! Thats a powerful bond! Tell your daughter I said on tying the knot. I was there in August!

Kimberly - TOM & Chocolate No you need not say more dear!

Cristina - Lets hope I lose weight.... what kind of leader would I be if I didn't!

Rosalie - Being single and living in NYC.... I can see why you get drunk and stressed!

Elizabeth - Make sure you check out the FAQ and try to participate in the exercise challenge. You'll catch on!

Well now that I got my personals done I think its time to talk a little bit about me!

Had lunch from Wawa today and it was yummy! I'll probably have some sodium retention this evening but its better than a McD's burger and fries. I had a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a toasted BLT with light mayo and sweet peppers It was yummo! I'm still pondering how I'm going to do dinner since I packed away the pots and pans last night. I may have to stop at Food Lion and get some Healthy Choice meals just to hold me over til we move.

Other than that I have no real plans for the rest of the day other than packing some more tonight. I'm reading my saucy romance novel since work is slow. I'm weird and I like reading at 22. I started reading these paranormal romance novels at 18 and I can't get enough of them. I just bought a bunch of new ones off of Barnes & Noble but I packed them away for the move. I happened to find this one under a cabinet that I had put there for bathroom reading material I'm glad... I was going through withdrawls.

1. What do you prefer we call you? Chelle (with the E plz) or Michelle... either works

2. What weightloss plan are you using? I'm starting The Biggest Loser Diet next week

3. What is your favorite exercise? I can't say I have a favorite but the easiest I enjoy is walking on the treadmill.

4. What is one area that you struggle? Finding time in my day for exercise. I work full time and go to school full time so getting the exercise time in is a challenge.

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? Motivating others to lose weight... even if I can't motivate myself to do it!

6. What is your short term goal? To lose 10% of my body weight by the end of this challenge which is about 21 pounds.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? I'll probably dye my hair and get it cut since it costs me about $300 to do so.

8. Best weight loss tip? Talk it out! If you are feeling down... bring your butt to this forum and talk to me... I'll try to help you the best I can!

9. Bob or Jillian? Bob.... I'll take him packaged in a big Blue bow on my door step. I'll even be there to sign for him unlike most of my other packages.

10. Tell us about yourself!
    I'm 22 (I'll be 23 on March 6th) and I live in Newport News, Virginia as of tomorrow. I goto school full time at ECPI for Business Systems Administration but I'm trying to continue on to accounting. I've run this challenge pretty much since I've been registered on the forum. I just became a moderator before Christmas and I'm loving it. I just got married in August of 07 to my husband Daniel whom I'll talk about a lot. I have 2 cats and one new puppy. (Thunder, Gizmo & Alexia) I've tried tons of diets and tried to exercise and I'm still playing the "up / down" game until I win. I'll be starting The Biggest Loser Diet next week and starting a full time exercise routine once I move!
  • I'm in Knoxville at the University of Tennessee. We're about an hour drive away from the Smoky Mountains, but the park doesn't allow dogs (even leashed dogs), so I tend to go hiking at some of the other, smaller places around here. East Tennessee is a pretty place, especially in the fall.
  • Hi ladies! I'm starting to get the munchies, but it's not quuuite lunchtime yet, so I thought I'd come pop in here to pass some time.

I forgot to mention earlier - I bought new toys yesterday! New running socks, new NBx 767s to replace my ANCIENT NB 766s, and ... a Nike+! I am sooo stoked about them. I really think this is going to help me compete with myself, and get outside more to walk, and eventually, to run. Yahooo!

I slept like bunk last night, so it'll probably be a chill night at home. Hoping that my hand will FINALLY be feeling better so I can get back at the pushups and everything. I've MISSED them since Weds, but things are starting to get healed up s-l-o-w-l-y. Tomorrow after work, I'm going to get the Nike+ calibrated, at the very least, and hopefully out for a quick walk.

Now that we're all getting settled in here, I can get back to personals, my faaaave! The all-teams thread was starting to overwhelm me, but this is totally do-able from here out!

Chelle
    - Are you moving TOMORROW?! Wow that happened sooo quickly. I'm trying SOO hard to stave off the batwings (hence my obsession with pushups lately!) and then the battle is ON with the jelly-tummy.

Elizabeth - I love healthy food, too, once I'm into the routine of it and not craving the junky stuff. There's nothing like a fresh, ripe piece of fruit, y'know? The best thing to do for these challenges is check in every day, so you can give and receive support - it really makes a HUGE difference for feeling committed, I think.

Rosalie - What do you mean pretending to train for a marathon? I'm sure you can actually train. You best be careful with your feelings about Bob - we're quite the Bob-lovin' bunch around here! Hahahaha.

Cristina - I like that you are flexible about what "goal" will be, other than healthy and comfortable. I use 160 as my GW, but I really think I'd be happy anywhere under 170-ish, if I was truly fit again. We'll just have to find out together, eh?

Kimberly - TOM+chocolate= Hehehe. Your little one is quite the cutie!

Sara - I love that you and your daughter are being buddies. What a great way to connect and support each other.

Erin - Girl, I hear you on the stubborn - I'm a Taurus born in the year of the Ox - they don't get any more stubborn than me! Doesn't Jillian have the hottest arms?
  • Hi! I'm at work today, so not a lot of time to be online! I'll catch up tomorrow from home.

1. What do you prefer we call you?Nori

2. What weightloss plan are you using?No specific "plan" other than counting calories, eating every 2-3 hours and exercising hard. I'm finding out what works and what doesn't and then making adjustments. This is a lifestyle change, so whatever I'm doing has to be something I can do forever!

3. What is your favorite exercise? Hiking, but in this off season I love the elliptical machine.

4. What is one area that you struggle?Binging. I have a history of HIGH caloric binges. I'm learning what my triggers are and how to deal with them in other ways that stuffing my face!

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? I love to exercise.

6. What is your short term goal? I want to lose 10% during this challenge - roughly 27 pounds.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? New shoes!

8. Best weight loss tip? The quote in my siggy - it's not specific to weight loss, but it applies!

9. Bob or Jillian?Bob sure is eye candy (and yes, his tats are HOT!), but I think I'd pick Jillian if I was in a position to choose. I think she would be a better fit for my personality in the long run.

10. Tell us about yourself! I'm 36. I've been married for almost 10 years and have 2 little girls - ages 2.5 and 4. Obviously, I'm doing this for me, but I'm very motivated to get healthy for them also. I work P/T outside of our home and also work a bookkeeping business from home. I live in the Seattle, WA area and feel like I'm surrounded by fit and health minded people everywhere I look! I want to be one too!!!! Glad to be in TBL contest here and look forward to chatting.
  • Hello Blue Team!

1. What do you prefer we call you?
    Sonja, Soni, Fluffy
    2. What weight loss plan are you using?
    I'm not following a plan, but I am following the USDA's RDA's. Mainly, I keep my calories under 2000, my sodium under 2400mg, my cholesterol under 300mg and my fat under 65g on a daily basis. I keep track by using FitDay.
    Depends on where I am. Class: Belly Dance; Gym: Elliptical Machine (but, not the flailing arm one ); Gym Class: Yoga.
    4. What is one area that you struggle?
    Oh, I'm sure there's more than one area where I struggle, but portion control is a big one when I'm not in "make good food choices" mode.
    5. What is one area of your weight loss journey that you excel at?
    When I have time, I love going to the gym, however, my work schedule varies so much that I can't go consistently.
    6. What is your short term goal?
    225lbs by the end of this challenge. I have a belly dance performance on April 1 (yes, April Fool's Day) and I want to wear, comfortably wear, a choli.
    7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal?
    A new belly dance costume in a bright color I wouldn't normally wear, perhaps.
    8. Best weight loss tip?
    Don't be afraid to say, "Can we choose another restaurant for lunch / dinner? I'm trying to eat healthier." Or, "Do you mind if we walk to the coffee shop, store, library, etc.?"
    9. Bob or Jillian?
    My trainer would be Bob. He pushes hard and is very motivating, yet appears to be sensitive.
    10. Tell us about yourself!
    I'm 39 and a professional babysitter. OK, really I'm a warehouse supervisor, but I swear the job descriptions are identical . Reading through all of the other posts, I think I may be the only gay chick here, which is why I would not be distracted by having Bob as a trainer . I'm currently pet-less. Shiver (avatar pic) owned me until he passed away in April. No kids, but planning to adopt once I grow up. I'll be 40-something, by then.

-Sonja