Sick of eggs? Try Ricotta Muffins

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Ok, so those of us that are starting on re-starting (thats me) Phase 1 might be getting sick of eggs. I read many posts of people wanting an alternative. There are many good alternatives in the recipe section and I have another one for you. I call them "ricotta muffins." They are completely fine for Phase 1

Ricotta Muffins
    Heat oven to 400, spray a muffin pan.
    Then, mix 2 cups ricotta (part skim has less sugar), 4 eggs, 6-8 packs splenda (depending on how sweet you prefer) and vanilla extract to taste.
    Mix the ingredients and pour into muffin tin.
    Bake 20- 30 min or more until toothpick comes out clean.

I put them in tupperware and heat up two of them for breakfast. This really helps break up the egg routine.

Serves:12, one muffin=one serving
  • Correction.
    Sorry to confuse everyone. I shouldn't have said "non egg." There are still eggs in this, but it doesn't feel or taste like you are eating "just eggs."
  • Luvscoffee, how many "muffins" does this make? Thanks!
  • I made these tonight, but I was having a chocolate attack, so I stired in 2 T cocoa powder to the batter before baking. They turned out great. ( BTW, I got 12 muffins out of this recipe.) Also, I only used 4 packets of the Splenda, it was plenty sweet for me, but I didn't want them too sweet.
  • We got 12 muffins too...and we used an extra egg. We also liked them - we added pumpkin spice...yum!
  • mmm, pumpkin spice sounds GOOD. Hey, has anybody baked these in a water bath? I'm wondering if they would come out cheesecake-ish that way? They were a little dry and I was tempted to butter them. ( I didn't).
  • I just made them with 4 pkts of splenda 2.5 t of cocoa a smidge of cinammon and had one Hot
    gooood probably could have used another splenda pkt but still reall good!!
  • The Best Ever!
    On Saturday, my hubby made these savory instead of sweet - we'll never go back to sweet!

he used onion, garlic, mushrooms, italian cheeses, and basil - oh my goodness! they're so good, we're making them for our family for Christmas brunch!
  • ok, so I made these this morning and I must have done something terribly wrong. But, how can you mess up this recipe? Mine tasted like a sponge. I guess I will give it another go and see. I love this sight and all the wonderful posts. I hope you are all having a good choice Monday.
  • OK - first he sauteed a half an onion, 3 small cloves of garlic, and a "handful" of finely chopped mushrooms, with salt, pepper, and basil in a small amount of olive oil. then he chilled it by sticking it in the freezer for 10 minutes. (so that the heat from the veggies didn't pre-cook the eggs)

Then he mixed 2 cups of ricotta (we prefer the POLY-O, because its creamier than other brands we've tried) with 4 eggs, salt and pepper to taste, and more basil. He also blended in about 1/2 Shredded Italian Blend cheese and about a 1/4 (maybe a little less) of freshly grated Parmesian. Then he added the veggies.

We sprayed foil cups (soon to be silicone cups), and filled them with the gooey yumminess that would soon be breakfast. This filled all 12 cups in our muffin pan.

Don't forget to preheat your oven to 400 degrees - and then bake for 30-35 minutes.

(By the way - he is totally stoked that someone asked for his recipe! Way to boost his ego, girls!)
  • Hey trial and error!! I put in a TRUCKLOAD of vanilla I definitely needed more sweetener than i put in
    Do you like coffee? I was thinking of trying some instant coffee in the mix
    Also try topping it with some PB
    and don't eat them cold!!
  • Girls: I love these Muffins...thanks for sharing the ideas...I made them sweet like some of you said but today I thought I would try the other way...I saute Onion, Red Bell Pepper, and Mushrooms...then cooled that in a cool bath (in a hurry) and added these Veggies to the recipe of the R. Cheese and 4 eggs...They are wonderful...I did cook them the whole 30 minutes because of the Veggies...Enjoy...and thanks again for sharing.
  • My favorite Nonegg breakfast is 1/2 cup of black beans 1/2 cup salsa and 1/4 cup shredded Lf cheese
  • Just made this last night. Added a little orange extract and a bit of SF orange jello mix. Perfect for morning!
  • Quote: My favorite Nonegg breakfast is 1/2 cup of black beans 1/2 cup salsa and 1/4 cup shredded Lf cheese
    Mmm that sounds good, gonna have to try that one!

I also made the savory muffins yesterday, they were great! Thanks for that recipe! Took some with me for lunch today......I want to try them with spinach next time as well.