Sparking Water vs. Tap Water

View Poll Results: Is sparkling water as good for you as regular water?
They are the same.
50.00%
It is better to drink regular water.
50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Is sparkling water not as good for you as regular water? It seems like sparkling water couldn't be as good for you as the real stuff, even though it has no caffeine, no sugar, no sodium, and no calories.
  • I've never tried the sparkling water but my hubby got constipated when he was drinking a flavoured sparkling water. Don't know what it was from, maybe too much artificial flavours and colours in the water.
  • Amata:
    I';ve never heard of any difference.
    I love to drink seltzer water...not club
    soda (cause that has sodium in it)...
    but plain old seltzer water and then I
    put a slice of lemon or lime in it. very
    refreshing...
  • Carbonation
    I had wondered if the carbonation did anything... or if the artificial sweetner affected anything.

The ingredients are: Carbonated Water, Citric Acid, Natural Flavor, Sucralose, Acesulfame K, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Benzoate (as a preservative).
  • I drink the flavored seltzer water all of the time. I even carry a 32 oz bottle wherever I go (yes, I need a big pocketbook). I do drink regular water also but would say at least 64 oz of my 100+ oz. a day is sparkling water.

The dietician that I saw twice at the beginning of my food journey did not say a thing about it and she had to notice that I was hugging the bottle.