Daily Chat Thread: Monday April 2!!

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • hey ya'll
    I think all I did was eat this weekend! I gained 4 pounds! CRAP!!! But anyway, life is still great and I have tons to be thankful for! I’m gonna get this weight off eventually and I’m determined to keep a good attitude while I’m doin it!!!!!

RR: Wow! You get up soooo early! Wish I had the strength!

Gator: Hope you have a good day at work. You did good with the pizza! I usually finish off 4 or 5 pieces and say “heck with a salad!!” I hope you’re team does good!

Rooster: Gah! I know what you mean about the closet! I really need to just yank all my stuff out and start over! My husband has the neatest, cleanest closet in the world. He walked by mine yesterday and made some comment about it being the getho or a slum or something ! I just died laughing! He was right! Oh, and I ate too much ALL weekend….dang it.

Sheila: I’m so glad you did good over the weekend! You are my inspiration! Maybe I should spend my weekends with you!!!! Lol

Z: Wow! A 40 pound weight loss? Girl, you should be very proud! Glad you’re here and based on your past accomplishments, you will do great!!

Kirsten: Looks like you are raising your son to be a very responsible young man! Good for you! Glad your TV is fixed. Do you go to the gym a lot?

Christina: Hope your weigh in goes good!!!

Lauren: Prayin for you and your interview today! You’ll be great!!!

Michelle Bryant: Girl, sounds like a wild morning at your house! Lol But, you managed to get your workout in and your weights! WAY TO GO!!!!!

Joan: Glad you’re back! Please don’t take this wrong, but I was just dying laughing when I read about the “situation” with the bible and the pot. I know it’s not a laughing matter, but it just struck me soooo funny! I just couldn’t help but picture this woman having her daily “reading” and getting stoned!! (For the record, I am a christian and I think she needs to get a grip!) But seriously, of course you have a right to be concerned about this. It’s illegal for crying out loud! I don’t know that you can do anything about it though, without really causing some serious “wounds” with the family. Protect your kids the best you can, that’s about all you can do. Oh, and yeah, the chiropractor, well…..ok then….. lol I hope you are able to find some REAL help! Keep us posted!

Melinda: So proud for you staying up late!!! You go gurl!!!!! I hope you have a great vacation! You going anywhere special? And yeah, def get that eye thing checked out!!!

Tam: Glad the soccer tournament was fun for ya! Have a great day!!!

Tina in Texas
  • Thanks for the comments/suggestions! Melinda, thank you so much for filling me on the whole thyroid dilemna. Whew... I've felt tired for months now, along with feelings of depression and anxiety. I'm normally a very optimistic person and have such a good life. I just couldn't figure out why I was feeling the way that I was when I have three healthy kids and a wonderful husband. I'm anxious to see what the doctor (a real medical one!) has to say.

Fannie ~ I won't take the supplements. I have no idea what they cost but would imagine that they are costly.

Tina ~ I know what you mean! DH and I were feeling alarmed & amused by what was going on. The whole reading the bible while taking hits secrety is just too much! One time she put on some Christian rock music on and was singing Allelluia ... while stoned of course;-). We see them two times a year tops and it isn't an issue until we visit them and I remember how it was the time before.... My FIL was an alcoholic but his wife never was. She was a heavy duty drug addict. She's quit the heavy drugs but is doing pot *a lot*. In my opinion, you can't do that, that would be the same if my FIL stopped drinking heavy liquor and stuck to beer only. Doesn't work that way. The thing is that she has a fabulous job and they depend on her salary completely. Her supplier is one of her subordinates. ???!!!! I want to knock them both on top of the head and say, "HELLO???" She has put up with so much stuff with my FIL and because of that he tends to ignore her problem. She loves him dearly and is incredibly loyal to him so I don't want to paint her as a bad person. Clearly, she is an addict, pure and simple. Why else would she risk all that she has on weed??? The whole thing is nuts.

Also, regarding the house... We still haven't sold. Still having showings, but no buyer. I'm not worried as it is only the first of April and we having a closing date of June 22nd on her new house. However, once mid to late April hit, I hope that this baby is SOLD!

GG ~ you were *so* luck to have sold your house so soon. Keeping this place spotless with three little kids and a bad back is killing me.

Hugs to all ~ Joan
  • Morning all doing a fly by i'll actully check in tonight i got some net at home finally just way too busy here
    Michelle
  • Hey there all...slow at work...so thought i'd catch up. First please someone give me good swift kick! I said i was going to get back on tract and it didn't happen. Slow day, so met my DH for lunch at...of all places...a mexican resturant. UGGGGGGG where the **** is my will power? Someone please...i've been good up until this weekend..and really was okay with my poor will power until today. I have no excuses. Ughh...must get out to exercise tonight no matter what!!!!!!

Roo have fun with the parental units...i always love when my parents visit.
    hey there shiela
    fabricaddict - WELCOME!!!!
    Hey there holy...its been too long...how's the belly dancing going?
    kirsten - that coffee on the river sounded nice...very relaxing. glad to here DS made it ok to the end destination.
    Christina - good luck on the wi...let us know how you did
    LBH-good luck on the interview.
    Joan - ok...sometimes i believe in holistic stuff...do believe some of it helps...LOL but gove me a break...flouride to brain wash us LMAO. I'd take his suggestions with a grain of salt. As for Artificial sweenters...no they are not made from ant posion stuff. And not everyone has side effects from them..i just don't like the way they make me feel. Sorry about your house. Hopefully you'll get it sold soon. And yes..i hated always having to keep it cleaned..and that was just with DH, me and 3 critters. Can't imagine with 3 kids. Good luck though. And as for you FIL wife..sounds like she never really got off being an alcoholic...just learned a new addiction. I think she needs some serious help. But i sort of agree that its your DH father and maybe he just doesn't want to deal with it?
    MJ - woohooo congrats on staying up later. And hope you get the eye thing fixed?
    Greeneggs - btw...gators are playing Ohio state in the final basketball game. I'm big gator anything sport...but especially football.
    newfannie - hope you get rid of the headache..and yes btw..you can do c-sections on dogs. If pups are too big to pass...there's nothing else you can do
  • Gator: Did you graduate from University of Fla. ; or are you just a big fan?

Tina in Texas
  • tdream...did my undergrad, my master's and my vet degree at the Univ of florida...i spent 9 years there..so i'm an alumi and a HUGE fan. Spending that long going to sporting events makes you a huge fan
  • I'm back! I think the interview went really well, at least on my end. It's hard to tell what she thought. I met with just an HR associate, and she was real nice, told me all about the job and i answered all her questions, but she really didn't give me a good or bad feeling...very neutral. So I have to write up a kick arse thank you note and get it out. I want this job!!

GG,

Joan, No, no, no...that's just wrong!! Here's what the Bible says about it, according to Bible.com: http://206.135.15.32/answers/asmoking.html
    Oh, and yeah, the chiro sounds like a freak! Glad to have you back!

Tina, 4 lbs.?! Could it be PMS?!

Kerri, how long will it take DH to get there? Have fun!

Melinda, where are you going on vaca?? Hope the eye is feeling better!

Kirsten, Glad the TV is fixed!!

Hello Michelle, Michelle B, and Tam!
  • Tammers: Sweet on the whirlwind soccer weekend!!! You are still my hero!

Roo: Hello! Just read your weekend posts. So....you added some Roo to your Doo eh? Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Highlights? Really? That definitely rocks! Thanks for the info too about the thyroid jazz. I have my fingers crossed that it'll get me up and running soon.

Kerri:That endocrinologist sounds like a total donkey butt! I would have been mighty tempted to clock him one myself! Unbelievable.

Lauren: I've put a bug in the ear of the big man upstairs for ya! I really hope you get this job too! Get that letter written hon!!!!

Ok....doc could find NOTHING wrong w/my friggin' eye. He prescribed some drops anyway to placate me...but I want to know why it feels like a piece of glass is imbedded in the dang ball! Grrrrrr.......... I am so depressed right now. My favorite Judge has just announced his retirement. I've been crying for the past 1/2 hour. I know, I sound like a moran....but he's just friggin' awesome! Mel
  • lbh..thanks for the kick...i need it.
    michelle...tell your son...go Gators..my dad use to be a huge FSU fan..that is until a lot of his money was used to put me through undergrad...lol. Most of my clients grumble when i wear my gator polo to work (even have a gator dog tag on my stethascope) since about 80% of our clients are bulldog ppl.
    hang in there mj..hope your eye feels pbetter.
  • Tina/Lauren:

Sorry, I forgot to add this on the post above-I am actually just staying home this vacation. It'll be the one year anniversary of buying my first house and there is soooo much I need to get caught up on. I have some painting to finish inside and a LOT of ivy to cut back in the backyard and other various landscaping projects; pruning, putting down grass seed...stuff like that. I would of course let my man do the work.... BUT GG hasn't sent one up to me yet. Ok, I'd better start wrapping it up here @ work so I can run to the grocery store and bank real quick right afterwards...in case my body crashes during dinner.

Love ya all! Mel
  • Wow ya'll move this thread along fast!

yes, I eat just plain oatmeal, unless I have a coupon for the flavored stuff.

Does everyone here exercise daily? My husband seems to think maybe if I have one day of rest it'll help me along.

Oh, and I don't drink water plain, I usually add crystal lite packets, or the generic stuff if I have no coupon Everything is based on a coupon in this house lol.
    ~z
  • lol at mj..i told ya girl...i don't share well LMAO..if i could clone DH i would..but unfortantely i'm still waiting on that one LMAO.
    michelle - i actually have gator scrubs that i wear every thursday (my surgery day). They are looking a bit worn...at my 20 lbs mark i think i'm buying a new pair.
    fabric - i think its important to have one rest day..that way you don't hurt something. sometimes on my "rest day" i still might walk the dog..but nothing strenous. Give the body time to recover.
  • Hello!
    I thought I posted earlier today, I guess I didn’t grrrrrrrrrr!

I was very tired today, barely got downstairs to get my AM coffee.

Today I got on the scale and I am 2 Lbs. heavier than I was last week grrrrr.

Had a good weekend a little expensive, little Zurg (my little yorkie) was making funny noises and I took him in to see the vet, $120 later I found out he has bronchitis. They gave him 2 shots and sent him home with antibiotics and cough meds. I didn’t know dogs can get respiratory infections.
    GG do you know if it is worth getting pet insurance for an indoor little yorkie? And which kind of insurance? Thxs!

I went back to Disneyland yesterday, Sean wanted to go really bad, he loves it, and I realize my pass expires on the 22nd so we took a his little friend with us, what was I thinking??? Stressful!!!! but they had a great time. I was very good this time, didn’t eat that delicious apple/caramel desert, I eat a salad for lunch and dinner!! I am so proud of myself!!!
    I did have some popcorn I tried to not eat too much as it had a lot of butter. Didn’t even have a bit of icecream!!!

I did go to the gym today!!! I have to watch what I eat all week, it is going to be hard since Passover starts tonight and we eat all that Matza.
    Happy Passover to who ever celebrates!

Rooster have a great time with your parent. Good luck with all your cleaning projects and all your filling. How are you doing with your train, I love trains!

Christina glad to hear you are feeling better!

Karri
    enjoy the time with DH, I don’t like motorcycles, but I hope he enjoys the ride.

Krinsten We can’t be without TV here, I am glad it is fixed!

Lauren I hope you get the job!! Best of luck!!!

Melinda cheer up girl! I hope the drops help! It is also my 1st yr anniversary of buying our home, it has been a lot of work but it has been fun and all well worth it, I love it! Congratulations arty:

fabricaddict
    WELCOME! I do exercise every day, I was told by a trainer it is good to rest too

GG don’t beat yourself up over a slice of pizza you have been doing so well staying off coke!!! Good for you, you’ll be back on track! You learned your lesson! LOL! BTW I thinkg you must be a great Vet, you are very caring!

Joan
    I wish you the best of luck selling, it is a tough market right now here in So. Cal. Sorry to hear about your FIL’s that is a funny story though, I don’t think you are being uptight, I don’t know how I would feel about it or how I would act around them, I am sure I would keep a distance specially w/the kids.

Tina some of the 4 Lbs is probably water retention, you’ll get back on track this week!

Milagro sound like you had a great time with DH, that’s awesome! What movie did you see? I have not been a the movies in ages!

Got to run, I have to pick up Sean and drive to La Jolla, I will check in later!
  • ok...i can only type for a minute...so i will let you all know i lost 1.2 lbs today...i am happy but do wish i would have lost more...however, i am thrilled that i am now losing...i will come back later tonight to read and respond...
  • Good evening all!! Just home from work and freshly showered! Work was pretty good, but I was running sooooo late and hadn't eaten that I ran by McDs. At least I didn't have them supersize it!!
    And work was really good today; busy but good. I am in a pretty good mood even after work. Maybe it's all the extra fat running through my blood.
    DH made it to albuquerque safe! Yea!!! Lauren, it should take him 4 days to get here.

GG - I think new scrubs is an excellent idea!! What a treat. Have you heard of the team color paint schemes you can get at Home Depot? DH and I are thinking about it when we get a house out here. Nine years at one university would make a fan for life. Hope you can get back on track tomorrow. It's so easy to fall into our old routines. I know you can do it!

Tina - Sorry about the gain. I love your positive attitude! What an inspiration!

happy - Sorry about your little puppy. Hope he is feeling better soon.

Well, everyone have a great Tuesday since I'm a late riser and you all seem to be early birds.

Kerri