Winter Plan - It's whatever you make it!

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Aleka, good for you. so happy about your loss. that is good. that is the way i am really no special plan. thinking back to atkins though.. trying to do it some with protein and so.. i am glad you have your friend to walk with and all. it sure helps. i am waiting on a friend to be ready. ha her mom passed away and shes busy now for few weeks with all that. oh i wish beau weighed that. did when we got him. ha ha now is more. i have him on less food to but takes awhile to come around. ha ha snow still on ground. but not on sidewalks ourside. so a walk today is warmer out and all. he loves his walks. well i wish everyone a good good day. keep it up girl. your doing good. LaDean
  • Wow, did I get behind....... a lot to read. I have lost a little but had gained so much before that that I hardly feel like I've made a dent. I did go for a BEAUTIFUL walk today even though it was only 15 degrees. The snow was falling so softly and it was so serene.
  • Hi, so good to see you carolr glad your back to plan and all. I am doing so so. finally starting to lose some again. at a standstill for 2 years now. so trying to stick to a plan. no walking today snow and is froze or was and all this on it... so taking no chances. glad your walking. iwill get on ex bike here today. good luck to all. LaDean
  • Hi, i am missing everyone for sure. hey where are YOUUUUUUUUU????? come back soon... i am having a good week. jsut got walk in and feel so good today . got a dr. appt the 6th so new dr. so anxious to see the goal they have set for me. ha ha but going to talk about my debetic thing to and get with it. LaDean I never wanted our board to go off this section. ha ha
  • Hi, LaDean. We just returned from Portland this week from a visit with our daughers family......2 darling boys, 4 and 6mo. What did your dr say? I wonder a lot about diabetes as I get older and what kind of diet most dr. recommend. Have a good day!
  • LaDean, good luck with your new Dr. Hope you get some good news about your diabetes. Glad that you're doing ok. I'm still walking 5 days a week with my neighbor. It's good because we keep each other going. Winter has finally found us down here, it's awfully cold in the mornings.

Carol, how are things going with IE? It sounds like you had a nice visit with your DD's family.

Hi ledom Siena! Hope you both are doing well.

Enjoy your day!
  • Carol. oh so neat visiting your daughter and family. i know you had so much fun with them and the little ones. i live 100 miles from Portland. my family are all up there close over in washington .. but i do not go up much. since she passed away and all. I go tuesday 6th to dr. i am anxious yes to find out all about it. i finally decided i need to get down to business with it.. will let you know what he says and all

Aleka, hey glad your walking daily now. makes us feel better . i walk with beau once a day. yes we had our winter. warmed up some but still winter. love the fresh air. beau loves his walks and he needs them to. told him this summer hes getting this wt off for sure we are never going to be inside to just lay and sleep alot he does. well hes 10 so expect some of that. haha I am so glad to see you both on here. Hope Ledom is ok and all. and aback soon. LaDean
  • Hey there - sorry not have posted sooner. I am good. I am back at work and busy. Trying to keep up with my workouts. Seems I need lots of naps these day to regenerate.

Alice - congratulations on finding a walking buddy. They make all the difference in enjoying walking I think.

Good luck with your appointment LaDean.

I wish I could say abracadabra and be back in Portland Carol. I had so much fun there last summer.

Judi - if you check in please stop by long enough to say hi and how you are!
  • Hi, oh Ledom glad all is ok your way and just busy. it payes to stay busy. i am trying to more myself. have a good week to all. LaDean
  • Hi everyone,

ledom, glad to see your post. I've been wondering how you're doing. I'm taking quite a few naps myself trying to catch up on sleep. Some nights I only get 4-5 hrs. sleep and everyone my age that I talk to has the same problem.

LaDean, I am enjoying walking and we are walking in all kinds of weather. It was in the 30's here yesterday morning and I was bundled up. Then another time it was raining and we both had umbrellas. As I said, we keep each other going.

Hi Carol & siena.

I am having a bit of a problem with Lacee. I believe she has some sort of allergy. Around the holidays she developed dry, itchy skin. The Vet wasn't sure if she had an allergy or if she had some sort of infection. So he gave me some antibiotics, just to be on the safe side, and some Omega 3 vitamins, which she has to take for life. I had to bring her back and he put her on antihistamine meds after he determined she had an allergy. Anyhoo....I gave her a bath on Sun. with some Oatmeal doggie shampoo and now she's got all these itchy bumps on her body. I don't know if it was the shampoo or not, as I've been using it right a long without any problems and the expiration date is 2 yrs. away. I am taking her to the Vet later this afternoon and hopefully he can determine what is going on. The poor little thing.

Hope all of you are having a good day.
  • Hi aleka, my beau has spots on his tummy also. its like my psorasis red and dry... i thought he was alergic to something but it comes and goes. so let me know what the vet says. its not bothering him or anything it seems. kinda itches but hes not itching it. i did put some vasline on it and seem to help and some proxide to. that helped some to.. i hope it gets better for lacee. got to take care of these babies for sure. oh i am so glad your walking steady and all. i need to get another walk in. have a good evening. LaDean
  • LaDean, the Vet gave me Prednisone for Lacee's bumps. I have to give her 1/2 of a tablet for 3 days. He told me that if she gets them again to bring her right in so that he can see what they look like. Of course by the time we got to the Vets office, her bumps had disappeared. I think the antihistamine meds she has to take everyday made them go away. He has no idea what could have caused them. I did get some shampoo from the Vet's office. Hopefully this will clear up. She doesn't have red and dry skin, it's just a lot of dandruff. The Omega 3 oils she is taking is helping a lot.

Hi ledom, carol, siena. Hope you all are doing well.

Have a good day!
  • HI, thanks so much. beau's is a big spot and like not a bump.. i gave my tuffy that presidone and it made him so weird. i hope it does not lacee. i took presidone once and never again. but acts differently on us and all i know. he was older to and all. good luck hope they go away.. i just got back from daily walk beau and i. wore our jackets not to cold but nippy.ha sun is coming out. oh he loves his walks. the leaves in areas we walk are alot so he loves to dig out in them. so cute. well have a good day all. LaDean
  • I see there were storms in Florida yesterday - you okay Alice?

Ah, the joys of menopause. Hot flashes have been waking me up about 3 every morning. It is a complicated balance of temperature in my house. I am keeping it very cool in order to avoid triggering them. The thing is, it is really cold here this week and I haven't had so much of a problem, but I know they are lurking.
  • ledom, we're doing fine. We didn't get the tornadoes down our way. They were well north of us. The storm had petered out a bit as it was nearing us. We were supposed to get some thunder storms this morning, but all we got were torrential downpours. I was afraid we wouldn't get our walk in this morning, but the storm came through later than expected. Did you get a dusting of snow?

I know all too well the joys of menopause. I have the ceiling fan on all night. I am very fortunate that my hot flashes aren't that bad.