Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 09:26 AM   #1  
Melissa

Lightbulb Mid-Week Challenge 10/12 - 10/16

Anybody up for one? I saw this a few pages back, where Kathy started a mid-week challenge. I thought that it sounded like a good idea. Ideas, anyone?? We could do water, veggies, exercise...the sky is the limit.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:06 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I need a water challenge bigtime. I start every day with the intention of drinking 75 oz. of water (1/2 my weight in ounces) but usually only get about 50 oz. down. I know it's better than nothing, but I also know that when I drink more water, I do better.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:51 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm ok with my water but I need motivation to get back on the exercise bandwagon. I got TONS of walking yesterday but I need to get back on the treadmill. I commit to walking on the treadmill for 45 minutes Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:36 AM   #4  

Default MissPrince

Hi. I am new to this, so please be patient with me. I entered "sugar busters diet" in a yahoo search and was led to this website, so I figured I'd give it a try once I read some of the threads. I visited my physician yesterday due to several reasons that equate simply not feeling well or "like me," in a nutshell. After examination, my physician suggested that I probably have PCOS, as both of my sisters have been diagnosed with it and my symptoms are identical. I am going for an ultrasound this afternoon as there is a "softball sized mass" to the touch on my right ovary. Anyway, my Doctor suggested that I learn and try the SugarBusters diet. Do any of you do this and what tips can you give me? I tried Atkins with my sister a couple years ago in the summer, I lost 20 lbs in two months and felt great, but looked emaciated. Is this diet similar? Forgive me, I am a bit overwhelmed today.... Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 11:41 AM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi there and welcome to the boards - while some of the Core WW plan might be similar to SugarBusters there is actually a dedicated board on 3fatchicks for this plan - check here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62

There is also a specific thread on PCOS challenges while dieting located here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70

I know you will get lots of good info there! Good luck.

Frouf
Old 10-12-2005, 12:09 PM   #6  

Im up for a midweek challenge,,,Ive started back at volleyball twice a week but I want to starting walking a couple of time a week as well..so I will get in two walks before the 16th. (is this what you meant?? if not Im easy,,I will change it)
Old 10-12-2005, 12:11 PM   #7  
Melissa

Why don't we all just make our own goals and personal challenges! Then we can just check in here. Maybe next week we could decide on one to do all together.

Mine for the rest of the week is exercise. I need to exercise at least 3 more times this week. I will do WATP, gazelle, or 2 mile outdoor walk.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:11 PM   #8  
Melissa

Patti, sounds good! You're right on track.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:32 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

well, melissa, do i even need to post? i don't have a gazelle so i can't copy you completely, but mine will be to exercise. i'm still trying for 1 hour per day on the treadmill.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:09 AM   #10  
Melissa

OK I didn't exercise last night but that isn't much of a surprise. Wednesdays are very busy for us. I did walk the dog a couple of (short) times and also walked through wal-mart (WM should count as aps for sure!). Anyway, I plan on exercising tonight. Someone check up on me. I will either gazelle and watch tv or walk with DH and DP.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:53 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

okay, melissa, i'll be watching for your thursday exercise report.

last night i walked 1 hour (2 miles) (see how slow i'm going!) tonight i'll walk during survivor. that's a good show for exercising on the treadmill.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:53 PM   #12  
Melissa

Just in to report that DH, DP and I walked about 2 miles for about an hour. We didn't walk really fast but I did feel it. Just moving around outside feels good. I'm tired now though!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:01 PM   #13  
Melissa

Vickie, Patti, and Sandra, how is your exercise going this week??

Kathy, are you guzzling water??

I'm being annoyingly encouraging.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:05 PM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

Yes, you are and no, I'm not. I just want to go to bed now, but instead I'm watching Cops. I'm only on load 2 of the 3 loads in the DW. Maybe I'll finish soon.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:09 AM   #15  
Melissa

Sorry!
Closed Thread