Originally Posted by patricia54
I am asking a dumb question,but what is the HMR diet?
Basically - HMR is a decision free medically supervised program for weight loss. I attend a class every Monday at a local hospital and use “tools” or meal replacements to lose weight. We have classes on Diet, exercise, food choices, mental health, etc.
I am not selling or promoting any liquid diet plan. HMR is the only one that I am aware of in my local area. HMR is not the only choice out there and please do the necessary research to get all the details.
The HMR plan run by my local hospital consist of 4 phases
1. Induction phase - Orientation class and a medical assessment
* Orientation consist of discussion of behavioral aspects, medical benefits and risks, and financial aspects of the program
* Medical assessment - Laboratory testing, Health history, EKG and physical exam. Clinical information is gathered and patient is approved for weight loss phase. Level of medical supervision is determined
2. Weight Loss Phase
Program Tracks that can be followed:
1. Medical track (levels determined by initial body weight and medical status)
Medically-supervised: the very low caloried diet or low calorie diet (Minimum of 520-800 calories per day using the HMR meal replacements)
Low calorie diet: Minimum of 800 calories per day using the HMR meal replacements
Minimum of 800 calories per day using the HMR meal replacements
Meals replacements consists of: Chocolate and Vanilla supplements, soups and entrees
2. Non medical track
Healthy Solutions (recommended for those without medical problems who want to lose 40 pounds or less)
Reduced calorie diet: consist of 3 supplements, 5 servings fruits/vegtables. 1-2 entrees. Total of 1200-1600 calories per day.
3. Transition phase (approx 3-6 weeks)
Transition from very low calorie diet or low calorie diet to regular food.
4. Maintenance Phase (12 to 36 months)
Weekly classes and support. Where members develop the skills necessary skills to establish a healthy lifestyle and maintain a lower body weight.
I am currently in Phase 2 weight loss phase. I am currently doing the medically supervised plan where I only have liquid shakes and I do have blood test every 2 weeks along with weekly doctor and behavioral educators meetings.
To get more details look at this site below: They have detailed review of various liquid diets.
HMR is listed under Health Management Resources (HMR)