Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 03:23 AM   #1  

Question Sugar free, caffeine free soda

I remember reading that diet soda was not great for the south beach diet because of the caffeine in it. So I was just wondering... if I buy the diet caffeine free soda is that ok? or is there some other reason I should avoid it? I try to drink mostly water, but sometimes I just gotta have something with a little flavor to it!
Old 03-14-2005, 09:22 AM   #2  

Some people get cravings from artificial sweeteners. If you don't, then you should be okay with a couple of caffeine-free diet sodas a day as long as you are getting enough water. I seem to do better if I restrict mine but see what works for you.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:46 AM   #3  
Must..... drop.... #####

Have you tried Diet Rite? It's caffeine free and sweetened with Splenda (and it comes in lots of flavors and actually tastes good LOL )
Old 03-16-2005, 04:40 PM   #4  

Is Diet Rite copied off of Coke or Sprite? And is it safe to drink with Splenda? I try to stay away from Splenda so not sure if this drink was proven completely safe or not?
Old 03-17-2005, 03:58 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Splenda has not had any reported problems, and it's actually been out for quite a while. I use it over Equal or Sweet N' Low, because those have tested side effects. So yes, it may even be safer than the other diet drinks.

Diet Rite isn't copied off anything else, but they are one of the few that have officially made the switch to Splenda (sucralose) from Equal (aspartame).

As long as you get your water in (at least 64 oz a day), you can have a couple of sodas. Just try not to let them take the place of water in your life.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:34 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
Splenda has not had any reported problems, and it's actually been out for quite a while. I use it over Equal or Sweet N' Low, because those have tested side effects. So yes, it may even be safer than the other diet drinks.

They are being sued though, I recently saw another thread about this... It is for misleading consumers...
Closed Thread