Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 01-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Peppermint mints are helping a lot. I don't drink tea that much but I do like peppermint tea. Thank you!

I've discovered one true food besides crackers that I can keep down are potatoes. So, I've been eating potatoes in some form once a day. It's so weird how happy I am to eat something kind of solid!
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #17  
Ready...Set....GO!

S/C/G: 132/120/110

Height: 4'11"

I'm so glad they are helping!! I had about a million a day there for a while (it felt like it anyway).

I'm glad you found something else that you can keep down. I know it can feel a little like: "If I never see another saltine cracker it will be too soon" sometimes, so finding other foods that you can keep down is such a relief!

Here is hoping you can continue to find more foods that you can keep down soon

Hang in there, lovely!!
Emerald Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #18  

Thank you very much Emerald Eyes!

I actually told my parents about the pregnancy and they were surprisingly wonderful about it. Anyway, they are very against the idea of adoption and I am feeling torn on what to do now. I am a confused person right now.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #19  
Ready...Set....GO!

bless your heart. I just want to give you a big hug! I can't imagine how confused you are (and then adding all the pregnancy hormones on top of that)!

I'm glad your parents took it well Hopefully they will realize that this is a choice that YOU have to make and will find a way to support whatever you decide to do.

I have been thinking about you quite a bit and praying for you daily. Hang in there.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Eyes View Post
bless your heart. I just want to give you a big hug! I can't imagine how confused you are (and then adding all the pregnancy hormones on top of that)!

I'm glad your parents took it well Hopefully they will realize that this is a choice that YOU have to make and will find a way to support whatever you decide to do.

I have been thinking about you quite a bit and praying for you daily. Hang in there.
Thank you very much! That means a lot. My feelings about adoption vs. raising a baby swing wildly day to day. I still have no clue what's best and sometimes it gets so overwhelming. I'm praying a lot.

As for eating, I've discovered I don't like to eat during the day but at night it's easier. So, I've adjusted accordingly and I'm hanging in there.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #21  
Ready...Set....GO!

I'm so glad you're finding an eating groove! It's honestly trial and error (as I'm sure you're discovering). At this point...eat whatever you can whenever you can (sadly when you want to eat again this is no longer the rule-haha).

as far as your decision goes: you still have plenty of time Seems like you've got the right idea on the best way to make that choice: keep praying.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/146

Height: 5ft 3in

You have a lot to think about.

I have 4, aside from 1 pregnancy I never gained more than 10 pounds, and after delivery I always lost twice that (if that helps at all)

Congrats
Crawlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:14 AM   #23  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Hi Racrane-
I remember seeing you on the sppring/summer mama's thread.
I second the suckers ("preggo" pops) they are basically suckers with Iron and B-12. I was sick for a month and I tried them once near the tail end of my sickness (I got mine when I went to my first Dr appointment to find out if I really was pregnant and I mentioned bad sickness, but no throwing up, they handed me a bunch of them) Half the sucker is all I needed to kill the sickness, so it worked pretty good for me. But after that it was not so bad before vanishing alltogether a week later.

About the adoption. I may be giving mine up for adoption as well. My grandmother is very against it, as if DF's Mother. In fact she seems to refuse to accept that we really are giving up the baby. Though it put me down not having their support, I know I'm the one raising this baby and they won't be helping me. So it's up to me if I believe I can handle rasing this baby or not. In my case, no. Money is tight and we both have to work and have no one to watch the baby while we are at work. So in this case, we are pretty sure we can't do right by this baby.
It's between you and your BF what you do and no one elses. You still have lots of time to figure out if you want to be a parent right now. There are many programs that may be able to help you money or child-care wise. (In our case we are in the middle, not enough $ to take care on our own, but make too much $ to get help). Take some time to sit with your BF and talk about it. At least this way, if you feel like changing your mind, you know there is help for you out there.

Last edited by Sakai; 01-24-2012 at 01:15 AM.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #24  

Thank you so much, Sakai. I really couldn't know until now what a painful choice adoption is, even though I completely understand the reasons for it. I think every woman who knows there's a better home out there besides her is very strong.

I'm of the situation that I'd love to keep the baby (in fact, I want nothing more to), but I'm so afraid I won't do right by the child. I am lucky that my family supports me and my parents are willing to pay for *everything* until my boyfriend and I get on our feet after we graduate from college. But even though financially it could be taken care of, I'm still afraid with my boyfriend and I working and in college, we still might not do right. And what if my parents refuse to pay? That's something I have to take into consideration. Anyway, I have so much to think about.

And yeah, sucking on mints seemed to help me.

Thank you everyone for your support. It means a lot.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:41 PM   #25  
Ready...Set....GO!

how are you doing? Still hanging in there?
Old 01-31-2012, 08:07 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Eyes View Post
how are you doing? Still hanging in there?
Kind of. Still struggling with what to do. The few people I've told have all pressured me to do different things, so I'm still confused.

It's going to be a long 8 months.... But thank you for thinking of me. It means a lot.

Last edited by racrane; 01-31-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:21 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

I hope you find the direction you are looking for. You have plenty of time! Maybe you should start keeping a diary? I read in a previous post that your feelings are varying day to day, so maybe writing them down would help. I can tell you this much, raising a baby is TOUGH. Myself and DH struggle everyday, but we do have family support and it helps a ton. My daughter is 15 months and the JOY of my existence. Although it is hard, I couldn't imagine life without her. I really hope my post doesn't come across as me trying to push you keeping the baby-because I am not trying to. I had a lot of mixed feelings during my pregnancy, but I kept them bottled up, because I have PCOS, and don't know if i will be able to get pregnant again. I've always wanted to be a mother, but i felt like the timing was off. I kept the baby, because of the fear I would not have another chance. I think you should go with your TRUE feelings, the ones you have inside that you don't share with anyone, for fear of judgement.
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:31 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 183/163.5/140

Height: 5'7"

It is great that your parents are being supportive. That is so important. You are making an impossible decision. You and your BF have to make the right choice for the three of you. Everyone else will just have to deal with it. You might try making the "decision" to go with adoption for a week. Then, make the "decision" to raise the baby yourself for a week. See which makes sense to you and what you think the right decision is. You are putting a lot of thought into it so when the time comes, you will do what is best.
erinrenae80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:55 PM   #29  
Ready...Set....GO!

I'm glad the pregnancy part seems to be going ok for the time being I hope it keeps up for you!

again, I know you'll make the right choice. I agree...don't listen to everybody else. Listen to what you feel. You said you'd been praying about it--I honestly believe that's the best thing to do. You'll know what is right before it is all over.

Thinking of you often! (and keeping you in my prayers, too!)
Old 02-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #30  
Ready...Set....GO!

hey

are you doing ok? I love your new picture...sweet little thing