Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 01-31-2011, 09:09 AM   #16  

As others confirmed, that is totally normal!

I think it's for the biggest part a hormonal issue. Since pregnancy I learned not to underestimate the power of hormones. In addition to hormones it's just that the transition from not being a parent to actually being a parent is sudden and can be overwhelming - literally overnight you get like tons of things to deal with which you have never dealt before. It takes time to get the grasp of all that. And then, sleep deprivation does not help AT ALL.

I remember it took me almost a year before I got my head around it and started feeling me again. And at the beginning I remember how I really tried to remember some stuff, but I just couldn't. I think they call it mamnesia. Good thing is that it doesn't last forever. Now when my baby is 20 mo old, I look at it and laugh, but at the time it was not that funny

Last edited by BubaMarra; 01-31-2011 at 09:09 AM.
BubaMarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:41 AM   #17  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by guamvixen View Post
Thanks ladies!! They don't tell you that when you're pregnant! Glad it's normal. I have been on autopilot for a while now. I can't wait for it to get better, or at least I adapt to everything that it becomes the norm!
And if you're like me... I got pregnant when my first was a year old so I was dealing with mommy brain and preggo brain at the same time! I'm not sure how I remembered to walk...
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #18  

I've also found that going back on birth control pills mess me up, guamvixen. If you've recently started back on the pill, become aware of how that effects you. Once I realized that I switched methods entirely and got my sanity back!
rivkasreviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 217/196.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Just chiming in with everybody else. My DD is 17 months. I can't remember when I exactly came out of my "fog" but well, it's only been recently. I BFd for 13 months and maybe that's how long i was in a fog? I had to pump a lot (working mom) so even though DD was sleeping through the night, I got up to pump..... Also, my thyroid went wacky about 4 months post-partum and I think that had a lot to do with it, too. Now that my thyroid is stable with the meds I'm on, I feel like I have more energy and focus. I agree with one of the ladies that said, never underestimate the power of hormones!!!
flsunbmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:31 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 175/165/129

Height: 5'3"

Oh my gosh - I remember this only too well (and my oldest is 18!!!) I felt like I was in a fog for almost the first year of his life - I mean I really did! I was always tired, forgetful - you name it! Hang in there, though - it DOES get better!!!
Kimberly2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #21  
My goal = health

Yeps, same here. Baby is 9 weeks and I still feel "out of it"
Of course, I have 3 other kids to take care off, but I'm pretty sure the forgetfulness and clumsiness are normal
RRB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:14 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Um, I forgot to brush my teeth before leaving the house this morning. It's totally normal! Lol.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I totally was mindless. I remember when my youngest was one and the oldest three. I dropped them off to their first day of our kids cooperative (15 families; 3 parents each day; rotate with one turn watching kids per week). It was from 9-12, two times a week without me; one time at the group with me/husband and two others.

I walked across the street and ate a cheeseburger, milk shake and large fries. It didn't occur to me until two Indian McDonald's employees sat next to me and talked about how hard it was to be Hindu and work at Mickey D's.

It struck me. I haven't eaten beef for five years and hadn't had dairy in a year. And I'm married to a Hindu.

Boy, I realized I really had totally lost my brain. I did finish the meal--because it WAS good, I LOVE food, and I didn't know what else to do for the remaining free time I had until I got to pick up my kids.
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:17 AM   #24  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaradajnos View Post
I totally was mindless. I remember when my youngest was one and the oldest three. I dropped them off to their first day of our kids cooperative (15 families; 3 parents each day; rotate with one turn watching kids per week). It was from 9-12, two times a week without me; one time at the group with me/husband and two others.

I walked across the street and ate a cheeseburger, milk shake and large fries. It didn't occur to me until two Indian McDonald's employees sat next to me and talked about how hard it was to be Hindu and work at Mickey D's.

It struck me. I haven't eaten beef for five years and hadn't had dairy in a year. And I'm married to a Hindu.

Boy, I realized I really had totally lost my brain. I did finish the meal--because it WAS good, I LOVE food, and I didn't know what else to do for the remaining free time I had until I got to pick up my kids.
I bet this was a big lightbulb!! Lol... sleep deprivation and no time for yourself can really change our behavior, right?

Yes this is totally normal, as I'm sure you know by now, but it does get better! I found that the best thing to help me keep my vocabulary and ability to function somewhat normally was to have "mommy" playdates without the kids when possible. I've joined a knitting group that is open to all ages of women, with and without kids, as well as a monthly book club. Both of those groups meet (kid free!) often and we have a great time talking to each other about our hobbies. I love my child very much, but it's amazing what a night out that doesn't consist of talking to or about him does for my mental stability and identity!
PacSunMama is offline   Reply With Quote