Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 02-10-2011, 08:27 AM   #16  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Oh, and as for the original topic... DH is starting to get nervous about my weight loss too. I'm now down somewhere between 10-11 pounds and my digestive system is horrible. Food is not agreeing with me at all!

I really am eating until I'm full and I try to make the best choices with the food available (unfortunately their's pretty slim pickings for the veggies here but I can get a lot of good fruit). I had hoped my weight loss had stopped after last week (I went almost 2 weeks without losing) but it looks like I dropped another 1 or 2 this week. I think I need to send off another email to me midwife just to ask and see...
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:44 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I worry a lot about this. I've lost weight and have maintained for a couple of years now, and people are on me all the TIME about what I eat. They think I don't eat enough - believe me, I do. My husband and I are about to try to conceive, and I just know when we do I'm in for 9 months of "Why aren't you eating more?!" "You're eating for TWO you know" and on and on...
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220.6/tick/135.0

Height: 5' 5"

I say just keep doing what you're doing and don't worry about what others say. I was worried during my first pregnancy that I wasn't gaining any weight, but people kept telling me, the weight will come. And it sure did! I ended up gaining 30 lbs, but only 8 of those in the 1st/2nd trimesters!

Especially please keep up the exercise - it's so good for you!
lindalee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

Exercise does matter!
With my son I was on bedrest for 6 months. At first I lost 27 lbs from severe morning sickness, and then gained 60 lbs. I was induced at 41w 1d and pushed for 4 hours and 45 mins after 26 hours of labor. His heart rate dropped and they did an emergency C-section. It was awful
FatJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Well, I didn't exercise that much because of my sciatica during last pregnancy besides cleaning and some light walks around the neighborhood and I had a 4 hour labor with 35 minutes of pushing and it was my First baby I'm pregnant again and the mw said that 2nd labors are usually much quicker and sometimes cut in half That being said, I had a home birth and stood the entire time either in the shower or leaning against a wall just because it was unbearable to be sitting or laying down. I think this might have been caused by back labor but not really sure. I just had to agree with Deltawifey that sometimes epidurals and laying flat on your back can cause labor to slow waaay down.

To the OP, I lost 5 lbs during the 1st tri due to food aversions and it looks like the same thing is happening with this pregnancy. I didn't start gaining until 20 weeks. I did end up gaining 35 lbs but I think I emotional ate a lot during those last few months. I don't mind gaining the weight as long as I know it's from healthy sources and not ice cream! So as long as you are eating healthy for your baby (when you feel like eating of course) you are doing great and you don't need to worry about Dh's grandma. I'm sorry you have to deal with all the comments. It would bother me too.
livb528 is offline   Reply With Quote