Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 12-02-2010, 01:02 PM   #31  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

awww! I haven't been nursing a baby since I got pregnant (weaned my last at 3 just before getting pregnant) and I can't wait to nurse my new baby.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #32  

Height: 5'6.5"

I hate nursing. Well, the feeling of it but I always have. I just do it because I know it's best for my baby and I really want that for him. He is 17 months right now and I will probably do it for a couple more months. Ideally I would wait till he turned 2 but I am having such a hard time with sensitivity and no sleep because he still wakes 4 times a night.
Butterfly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #33  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly7 View Post
I hate nursing. Well, the feeling of it but I always have. I just do it because I know it's best for my baby and I really want that for him. He is 17 months right now and I will probably do it for a couple more months. Ideally I would wait till he turned 2 but I am having such a hard time with sensitivity and no sleep because he still wakes 4 times a night.
That was right about the age when I was getting really burned out with DD (now almost 2). Getting to 17 months is great! We're still going (mostly because I'm just not ready to put the time/energy into weaning her) but I'm starting to be a lot happier about it because I saw directly the benefits to extended nursing this past week. DD was (well, still is) really sick with the flu and isn't eating much of any solids so breastmilk is at least getting her some calories and the nutrients that she needs to fight off this nasty bug! But I can so relate to the frustration. DD and I are constantly having a battle while she nurses because she tries to scratch/pinch/poke me.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 237/153/170

Height: 5'7"

I am still nursing my 22 mo. old DD. I think about weaning her...but the only reasons are to get more time in my day, so we keep hanging in there. She only eats before we leave in the a.m., when I get home from work, and before bed. Everyone is shocked and grossed out almost that I haven't weaned her yet and it is such a sad state of affairs that people think that....but then people think I'm nuts about my views on vaccines and flouride and stuff too!

On losing weight - I have only gained weight since giving birth, no losses. I started working out (again) almost 3 weeks ago and have gained, not lost. So, BF certainly didn't help me either. I won't stop to see if thats the problem though, I've just got to work on my portion sizes and snacking and I'll get back on track!

Woo Hoo to all of the BF mommas, past and present!
bullylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

It really chaps my hide when people refer to breastfeeding as gross. My sister and my friend do this to me all the time. I'm sure glad they think something I have done many times daily for almost 3 years is "gross" like picking my nose or picking at scabs.

Anyway, sorry to rant. I think breastfeeding is a natural, NORMAL behavior for both moms and babies, and not something to be ashamed of. I'm proud of all of us!
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

I nursed #2 till he was 2.5 yrs old, he was the longest so far. #3 self-weaned at 2 yrs. I'm nursing #5 now, hoping he continues till 3 yrs.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:25 AM   #37  
started out 6/30/10

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly7 View Post
When my son was that age, nursing felt like nails on a chalkboard. It was pretty miserable and I really hoped he would wean. But we somehow kept going and it turned into something that was really enjoyable. At 24 mos. we nightweaned him and that made things SO much better for us. He now 3 1/2 and still nursing before bedtime and when he wakes up in the morning. It's totally doable and comfortable.
Quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #38  
resident lactivist

It's so nice to see this. The last time I was here, which was ages ago, it seemed like I was the only extended nurser on the site. I'm not back into that territory yet, as Miss Marie is only 5 weeks old, but I have no doubt I will be. My kids all think that weaning stuff is for the birds.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:52 AM   #39  
started out 6/30/10

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBigMonsterMomma View Post
It's so nice to see this. The last time I was here, which was ages ago, it seemed like I was the only extended nurser on the site. I'm not back into that territory yet, as Miss Marie is only 5 weeks old, but I have no doubt I will be. My kids all think that weaning stuff is for the birds.
My son thinks the same thing about weaning. not.going.to.happen.

And after reading your signature, I can't help but ask- does fluffybutt refer to cloth diapers?
Quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:53 PM   #40  
resident lactivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
My son thinks the same thing about weaning. not.going.to.happen.

And after reading your signature, I can't help but ask- does fluffybutt refer to cloth diapers?
Yep. She's my first one in cloth. It took me long enough!
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/170

Height: 5'9

I'm another extended nurser. DD is only 8 months but she LOVES to nurse and I know that barring any complications I think we will make it to 2 years no problem. (That is my hope!) From then on there, she can decide to wean when she wants to.

It has meant that I am not very "strict" about my diet, but more about trying to limit portions and cut out junk foods. Exercise has been the key for me because bf did not help at all as much as I kept hoping it would I finally got serious about losing weight again around the time she was 5-6 months old. And except for a blip during the holidays, it's going pretty well.
livb528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodforme View Post
It really chaps my hide when people refer to breastfeeding as gross. My sister and my friend do this to me all the time. I'm sure glad they think something I have done many times daily for almost 3 years is "gross" like picking my nose or picking at scabs.

Anyway, sorry to rant. I think breastfeeding is a natural, NORMAL behavior for both moms and babies, and not something to be ashamed of. I'm proud of all of us!
AMEN, lol. I think people who find breastfeeding distasteful either don't have kids or have bought in to the culturally accepted norm that boobs are just for sex and men. Bleh! I didn't order my body to make milk, it did it on it's own.

Ok, rant over
Old 01-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 300/254/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm excited that there is a forum on here for nursing/pregnant women, it something I haven't really seen in other places. I am still nursing my 15 month daughter and I know that we will make it to 2 years if she doesn't wean herself. Sometimes though I feel like its holding my weight loss back (seems to be a popular opinion) and just want to quit but I can't cause the kiddo is such a boob monster lol
Ahzuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:08 AM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahzuri View Post
I'm excited that there is a forum on here for nursing/pregnant women, it something I haven't really seen in other places. I am still nursing my 15 month daughter and I know that we will make it to 2 years if she doesn't wean herself. Sometimes though I feel like its holding my weight loss back (seems to be a popular opinion) and just want to quit but I can't cause the kiddo is such a boob monster lol
Ahzuri, I sometimes wonder this too about bf. If I don't drink a TON of water every day while working out, my body starts retaining water. Also, I'm hungry a lot but I find that if I don't eat enough the scale is stuck too There's so many hormones and different things going on while nursing. Many friends have told me that as soon as they weaned 10 lbs fell off them almost instantly. But I'm with you and have no plans to wean because DD is a boobie monster too
Old 02-02-2011, 08:32 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 270/235/TBD

Height: 5'4

I just discovered this forum! I am nursing my 18 mo daughter. Nursing did help me lose weight in the first six months (35 lbs!), but like an idiot I've gained it all back in the 12 months since then. Continued nursing couldn't mitigate my twice-weekly onion rings habit! At this point I am not doing anything special with my diet to accommodate nursing. I'm following WW and we're both doing fine.
ElisabethCK is offline   Reply With Quote