PCOS'ers Bios - Feel Free 2 Post Yours Too!

You're on Page 11 of 17
Go to
  • DATE: August 16, 2009

USERNAME/REAL NAME: candacecamp/Candace

BIRTHDAY: May 6, 1981

MARITAL STATUS: Married- will be 5 years 10/2/09

SPOUSE’S NAME: Robert

CHILDREN/AGES: None yet!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, writing, singing, crocheting, quilting, crafts of just about any kind, cooking, watching food network, researching stuff on the internet, internet games, fishing, camping, hanging out with friends and family, walking, meditating, praying

PETS: Bunker (cat), Yoda (cat), Stewie (dog), Jager (dog)

TOP WEIGHT: 267

CURRENT WEIGHT: 250

GOAL WEIGHT: 160 (first goal... let's get there first!)

HEIGHT: 5'6

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Blondish brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Elyria, Ohio

E-MAIL ADDRESS:

HOMEPAGE URL: don't really have one.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: sweets and going out to eat... my husband and I always go out if we dont' feel like cooking... I'm hoping to change that.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Fiber has been helping me big time. I have to see the endocrinologist for Insulin Resistance, and I hope my test results will show improvement. PCOS has my fertility practically non-existant, but I will beat it.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?

My husband and I have been trying to have kids for the past 7 years (yes we were trying before we were married). I always wanted to have children at a young age, but I've been steadily gaining weight the past 10 years and never really knew why. I know I'm a fairly active person, but I just never really kept weight off. Two years ago I went to see a Fertility Doctor and they diagnosed me with PCOS... I'm not ovulating regularly and that is, of course, hindering my fertility. I had surgery back in February that isn't showing a level of success because I haven't lost any weight. Come to find out after a blood panel, I have insulin resistance, and that is why Weight Watchers wasn't working for me. Not enough Fiber and way too much sugar. So far, the high fiber, low carb diet has me motivated. So, I'm hoping to be pregnant in the next year after losing some weight!
  • DATE: August 18, 2009

USERNAME/REAL NAME: rattus/Kim

BIRTHDAY: August 12, 1970

MARITAL STATUS: Married 06-06-09

SPOUSE’S NAME: Evans

CHILDREN/AGES: It's part of the plan -- probably in a year.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Knitting, reading, movies, rock climbing, hiking, skiing (tele and alpine), undeveloped hot springs, board games, plants and fishies, orchids, cello, piano, writing.

PETS: Fishies! Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Smacky, Goldysmacks, Smacky Jr., Blackbelt Sam, Cardinal Puff, Cardinal Richelieu, Cardinal Biggles, King, Kong, God, Zilla. And the snail, Moriarty.

TOP WEIGHT: 197

CURRENT WEIGHT: 194

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

HEIGHT: 5'4

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Brown and purple!

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Albuquerque, NM

E-MAIL ADDRESS:

HOMEPAGE URL:

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: sugar, sugar, sugar, sugar, sugar.... potato chips.... I could eat white cake with white frosting every day for the rest of my life. The craving is like an addiction to crack. I've limited my sugar intake due to the PCOS symptomatic diagnosis, but still crave large amounts of it. My friend was making a birthday cake for me last week, and I was absolutely obsessed with it. I kept thinking about it, talking to her fiance about it....

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Lower stress, and encouragement from my husband -- plus his first-ever observation that I really do need to lose weight to be healthy. I used to rock climb a lot, and we went out the other day to go bouldering, for the first time in a while and, he suddenly saw the extra weight on me. He gently suggested the idea of weight loss, though he has never called me anything other than beautiful -- even at the time! I am a very lucky person.

Graduate school is hard work. Just sayin'. People really don't understand just how completely the work dominates every minute of waking -- and sometimes sleeping -- life. That stress, plus the time limitations on exercise it causes, plus stress from family health issues (my dad has brain cancer), has made me more overweight than ever before. I hovered around 170 for years, even during my climbing and ski patrol days, but now, I'm 25 lbs. higher, and I can feel it straining my tissues -- little pinches and pricks here and there, tingles in my legs.... And the fat:muscle ratio is definitely higher these days. And yet -- I want crappy food more than ever. I just want to find the motivation to exercise some self-control.

A note about my weight loss history:
    when I got engaged on 06-01-08, and then found out I had PCOS a week later, I lost 12 pounds by September. Around September 17th, I got pregnant. I had had increasingly light and slow-starting periods, and decided to let my period finish before using a new Nuvaring. After no problems during 5 years of birth control, it took me 3 days to get pregnant. So, in September, I got hungry. I then continued to spot during the next 2 cycles, so, I did not know that I was pregnant since my periods had been light anyway, and I continued using birth control. It was a hideously stressful semester even without my unexplained and deeper-than-usual desire to eat, which I attributed to the new stress of my schedule; plus, due to my Dad's cancer, my parents wanted us to have a wedding as early as possible, so we were planning that, as it was set for right after school ended in the spring. It was likely that either my husband or I would not finish our degrees if we had a child at this point, so I terminated the pregnancy when we found out at the end of the semester; plus I had continued using birth control, which is strongly not recommended by the manufacturers of the Nuvaring.

During the next semester, I pretty much just gave up on controlling my eating due to similar, continued stresses, and general, just... exhaustion. But, I did manage to keep my sugar down, and my insulin and blood sugars dropped during that time. However, between September and our wedding in June, I regained every pound, and my cholesterols shifted -- I've usually had a very good HDL/LDL ratio, but for the first time in years, I have higher LDLs.

So... finally, things have settled down. My dad is stable and in good shape. No more classes or school semesters: all I have to do is TA and do research and work on my dissertation. And, I have to get back into the eating patterns which allowed me some success the first time around, but I'm having trouble. I just don't feel like it. I'm tired of concentrating of all kinds of personal things and neglecting my research as a result -- which is personal, too, in that it feeds my sense of achievement. Plus, eating gives me real and easily accessible joy. I frickin' love eating.

I guess I have to remember the health part. Health, health, health! Plus, I don't feel as good and mobile as I used to. It's not too bad, but, I want to maintain my slight athleticism of movement -- I'm not a real athlete, but I like outdoor, and rather vertical, pursuits, and I love to feel springy -- to be able to launch up the stairs to go to bed, hop up the rocks on a rough trail -- that kind of thing. And to not feel like I'm destroying my joints on the way down! (The stairs or the rocks.)

The carrot kind of makes me feel motivated. I think I can do this again.

As other people have said, "I am very open and will talk about anything!" If you want to discuss anything at all -- or have any ideas about how I can motivate myself back into weight loss -- please do make contact!!
  • DATE: 9/10/09

USERNAME/REAL NAME: KellyBelly28/Kelly

BIRTHDAY: 3/29/81

MARITAL STATUS: Married 3 yrs (8/12/06)

SPOUSE’S NAME: Bill

CHILDREN/AGES: None yet! Still trying

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Nutrition, animals, cooking, going to concerts

PETS: 2 dogs, Hank and Jackie, 2 cats Bogey and Cassie

TOP WEIGHT: 210

CURRENT WEIGHT: 197

GOAL WEIGHT: 130-140

HEIGHT: 5'3

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Kansas City

E-MAIL ADDRESS: Lots of different ones...

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Staying on track. I tend to justify what I am eating.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I need to be healthy. My weight is preventing me from getting pregnant. My weight is hindering me in virtually every aspect of my life. I have joined weight watchers and this board.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am a crazy phish fan and follow the band around.
  • Newbie with PCOS too
    DATE: September 17, 2009

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Cassie

BIRTHDAY: 10/12/1974

MARITAL STATUS: Married; 15 Years in 5/22/2010

SPOUSE’S NAME: Paul

CHILDREN/AGES: Curtis/11; Rebecca/9; Sarah/16; Rick/17; Will/20

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Sewing, crafts, quilting, school, kids.

PETS: 4 dogs - Max, Harley, Jack, Mama Cita

TOP WEIGHT: 305

CURRENT WEIGHT: 293

GOAL WEIGHT: 160-140

HEIGHT: 5'6"

HAIR COLOR: Blond - what little I have left

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Nevada, USA
    E-MAIL ADDRESS:

HOMEPAGE URL: Don't have one

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: My biggest problem is my tummy apron, and just having a really hard time losing any weight.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm trying to find a support group and network of people to help me instead of trying to do it on my own - alone.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I was diagnosed with PCOS about 13 years ago and have had issues with it ever since. I have hair growth problems and hair loss problems. The weight is only one aspect in which this affects my life but it is a big part. I was diagnosed with fibromialga about 4 years ago so having one illness that causes weight gain and one that causes major fatigue is a problem. Even when I'm not in too much pain to excersis - I'm probably too tired. I need some support to pull up my boot straps and get this weight gone!
  • New to the Board
    DATE:
    10/2/09

USERNAME/REAL NAME:
    newlife276/Susanna

BIRTHDAY:
    June

MARITAL STATUS:
    Happily Divorced for 2 yrs (was unhappily married for 10)

CHILDREN/AGES:
    Mikaela/11

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:
    Reading, Hiking, Geocaching, Shopping (when I can afford it!)

PETS:
    Simba (World's Most Aggravating Cat)

TOP WEIGHT:
    342 (June '09)

CURRENT WEIGHT:

GOAL WEIGHT:
    Not sure, under 200

HEIGHT:
    5'9"

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:
    Southwest Virginia

E-MAIL ADDRESS:
    Spam much?

HOMEPAGE URL:
    myspace . com/newlife_276(but I haven't updated in FOREVER)

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:
    I'm afraid of failure, so I tend to avoid things I'm afraid I won't succeed at...

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:
    This is honestly the first time ever that I've tried to change my eating & exercise habits & I need to make it work for my health!

I was average to moderately chubby as a kid until I turned 15 & then I ballooned FAST up to a size 24/26 (don't know lbs). When I was 17 I lost down to a size 14 and was having regular TOM & had no idea about PCOS/IR. I had my daughter at 20 & was a size 18/20 but within a year I jumped up to a size 26/28 (about 320 lbs), during this time my periods went crazy! I nursed my daughter & had the Depo shot after she was born & I had a 3 month period. Then the OB/GYN got it stopped & tested me for insulin resistance & put me on metformin. I didn't stick with it and the other symptoms (hair EVERYWHERE, skin tags, depression) started piling up. I took metformin & Byetta regularly for several months about the time I was 26 because my now ex-h & I were desperately trying to get pregnant but I wasn't O'ing at all (I've only had Dr induced periods for the last 11 years).

So here I am now, trying to lose the weight and change my life. So far the insulin resistance hasn't slowed me down in losing weight but I don't think I'll ever be able to date again... I'm have more hair than a gorilla from my chin to the top of my toes!
  • DATE: 11/01/2009

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Krissy Rose/ Kristin

BIRTHDAY: October 19, 1985

MARITAL STATUS: Married 6/14/08 to a WONDERFULLY supporting husband

SPOUSE’S NAME: Scott, 26

CHILDREN/AGES: No children yet... definitely trying! One fur baby- Ellie, a 3 year old Scottish Terrier

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:

I am in graduate school and teaching undergraduate nursing students, so I don't really have time for hobbies! But, in the time I DO have, I love playing flute, learning more about PCOS and infertility (I plan to specialize in this when I graduate), and dreaming about traveling

TOP WEIGHT: 228

CURRENT WEIGHT: 228

GOAL WEIGHT: 130 (or less if possible!!!)

HEIGHT: 5'4

HAIR COLOR: Naturally Curly, Dark Brown

RN, Graduate Student in the Family Nurse Practitioner Program (will graduate Dec. 2010), Undergraduate Clinical Instructor

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: East Tennessee

How about biggest problemS? I am SUCH an emotional eater. It's been especially difficult having many people around me getting pregnant and a SIL that rubs it in my face- I have eaten and eaten and eaten over this! I also just don't have the energy to exercise, but that will have to be nipped in the bud. I also need to cut the sweets out!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:

I will STICK to my Weight Watchers plan, exercise as much as possible, and drink my water.

I had been slim all my life (about 110-115 pounds) until college. I shot to 180 pounds by the end of my freshman year. I found out I had hypothyroidism (I take 110 mcg/day) in 2005 and PCOS in 2004, diagnosed in 2006 (taking 2000 mg metformin). My husband and I conceived naturally and miscarried at 10 weeks on New Year's Eve after hearing the heartbeat twice. It was devastating. So we got the help of a Reproductive Endocrinologist, and had progesterone shots, 5 Clomid cycles (50, 100, 150, 150, 150), HCG shots (MULTIPLE ultrasounds!), and 3 IUIs. 10 months later, nothing to show for it. Meanwhile, pretty much everywhere I look, there is a pregnant woman, something I want to have so badly. I am a major emotional eater, and with everyone pregnant (including an extremely insensitive sister-in-law), I gained my additional poundage... I'm now 228 pounds. I've never been this heavy and feel horrible. So I decided it's now or never. I need to lose weight so I might be able to have a chance for a healthy pregnancy one day.
  • DATE: November 15, 2009

USERNAME/REAL NAME: ajlyvers/Ashlee

MARITAL STATUS: Married 2 1/2 years

SPOUSE’S NAME: Jerry

CHILDREN/AGES: Prowler & Hemi, my 2 furry, 4-legged children

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Anything with my husband and friends. We love the lake and watching movies. Really anything that's fun!

TOP WEIGHT: 200

CURRENT WEIGHT: 200

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'9"

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Louisville, KY

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: CARBS & SWEETS!!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Finally figuring out what the problem has been, and getting that under control

I am fairly new to the site, and was diagnosed with PCOS a couple of months ago. It wasn't the best news to get, but I am trying to get it under control now. I have awesome support from people that care about me, which has been very helpful. Hopefully, I can take control and make the changes I need to in my life and will come out ahead!
  • DATE: 11/17/2009

USERNAME/REAL NAME: kathrynk/Kathryn

BIRTHDAY: November 18

MARITAL STATUS: Married as of 10/09/09

SPOUSE’S NAME: Joshua

CHILDREN/AGES: none

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, hanging out with my friends, taking care of people, cooking, yard work, singing

PETS: Guster (cat - 17 years old) Joni (cat - 2 years) Ollivander (cat - 1 year)

TOP WEIGHT: 175

CURRENT WEIGHT: unknown, probably around 160

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

EYE COLOR: grey

HAIR COLOR: Naturally very, very blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Midwest

E-MAIL ADDRESS: Ask and I might give it to ya...

HOMEPAGE URL: google.com

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: feeling motivated to work out. cutting out starchy things.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I want to start having children and want to make my body receptive to getting pregnant.

Born and raised an Army brat, my husband is a police officer and my best friend is a disabled vet, so my life is heavily influenced by our armed forces. I love my job and my students and am looking forward to getting support here!
  • DATE: 12/1/2009

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Eliana- not my real name, but my Hebrew name.

BIRTHDAY:

MARITAL STATUS: Married 11 years

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES: Two boys, 8 and 9 (one miscarriage probably due to PCOS)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Flute and writing

PETS: One 6.5 lb Beesha-Poo named Cozumel.

TOP WEIGHT: 235

CURRENT WEIGHT: 221

GOAL WEIGHT: 135 but my real goal is still be doing this 11/9/2010

HEIGHT: 5'4"

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Naturally Curly brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:

E-MAIL ADDRESS:

HOMEPAGE URL:

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: My biggest problem is plateaus. It only a takes a couple weeks for me to chuck it all.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have a new goal. Instead of a weight loss goal, I have a one year goal. I will continue with 1200 calories for one year...period.

• DATE: January 18, 2010

USERNAME/REAL NAME: kuchick/Diane

BIRTHDAY: February 7, 1972

MARITAL STATUS: Married for 15 years

SPOUSE’S NAME: Jeff

CHILDREN/AGES: 3 ages 8, 6, & 3

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, researching stuff on the internet, gardening

PETS: 2 dogs, 2 inside cats & 3 stray cats we feed & vet

TOP WEIGHT: 212

CURRENT WEIGHT: 205

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HEIGHT: 5'2"

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Kansas

E-MAIL ADDRESS:

HOMEPAGE URL: don't have one

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: snacking on kid food, going out to eat, high stress and no sleep, insulin resistant which means that no matter how much I have changed my diet, I still don't lose weight

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: New dedication. I have been using Wii Fit Plus to work out each night. I know it's not all I need, but I've been getting off the couch to exercise every night for a month - I'm hoping it's enough to start an exercise habit.

My husband and I were finally able to have children after 3 years and 2 early miscarriages - only after I went on Metformin. I'd always had irregular periods, but wasn't diagnosed until I couldn't get pregnant and I regained 20 lbs I'd just lost in less than 2 months. I practically starved myself to lose it - and it was back almost overnight. My oldest child has Asperger's Syndrome; hence the comment about high stress. Seems that all I do is worry lately, and I'm sure that it's been no help to my weight either.
  • USERNAME Nikki59047

BIRTHDAY: May 31
    MARITAL STATUS: single
    SPOUSE’S NAME: n/a
    CHILDREN/AGES: n/a
    HOBBIES/INTERESTS: camping, fishing, boating, crafts, shopping, interior decorating, watching football, baseball and hockey, gardening, movies, concerts
    PETS: Hooch, 9 year old chocolate lab
    TOP WEIGHT: 330
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 324
    GOAL WEIGHT: final goal wait 140, I'm working to get to 199 right now though.
    EYE COLOR: brown
    HAIR COLOR: chocolate cherry...soon to have red highlights.
    GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Montana

portion size. I grew up in a house where my mom made enough for an army, and we always had full plates and were expected to eat everything. Now that I am on my own, I have found ways to control the sizes of my portions, but still struggle with it.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I just feel different this time than I have any other time I've tried to lose weight. I'm not following any certain diet plan, and I'm not starving myself. I have been trying to eat more veggies than anything and cut out a lot of my bread and pasta (which is my weakness!)
  • USERNAME/REAL NAME: slarmstrong/Saundra

BIRTHDAY: March 11, 1980

MARITAL STATUS: Married, and just celebrated 12 years

SPOUSE’S NAME: Roger

CHILDREN/AGES: No children at present

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, writing, role playing, pets, BPAL, singing

PETS: 2 dogs, 7 cats

TOP WEIGHT: 470

CURRENT WEIGHT: 470

GOAL WEIGHT: 250

HAIR COLOR: Red

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Florida

E-MAIL ADDRESS: peachesandjasmin @ gmail.com

HOMEPAGE URL: slarmstrong.net

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Sticking with a plan. I can usually go six months before I get lazy and just stop.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My husband and I decided we do desire a family, and in order to do that, I need to lose weight. It's a solid goal for me, and I'm a very goal-oriented person.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I've been struggling with my weight since I was a young kid. My Mum put me on diets when I was 8, and it just snowballed from there. I spent most of my teenaged years starving myself, which only made matters worse. It didn't seem like anything I did helped my weight over the long term. After I'd been married a few years, and we'd been unable to have a successful pregnancy, I found a doctor who could tell me what was wrong. I've been dealing with the PCOS and IR for the last six years, though I've not managed any long term, real success.
  • DATE: 02.14.07

USERNAME/REAL NAME: eratosthanes/Elizabeth

BIRTHDAY: 01.29.1984

MARITAL STATUS: Single, but with an awesome guy for over 2 ˝ years. If we got married, I would lose my disability and insurance (suck) so I stay, for now, single.

SPOUSE’S NAME: Adrian

CHILDREN/AGES: None! We both have horrible genetic traits, so eventually we will adopt, or take in foster kids.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I read, do community activism, and debate politics/religion/philosophy with a great passion.

PETS: Iggy who is between 7 and 9, and Mijo, Double, and Bahtt, who are all around 4. They are all black rescue-cats of various sizes.

TOP WEIGHT: 310

CURRENT WEIGHT: 286

GOAL WEIGHT: 180, I have a very big bone/musculature structure, and (having seen it) I look horrible below 170.

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Black at roots to auburn at tips, with a bit of wave left from the last spiral-perm. No dye, just how it grows.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Louisville, Ky

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Feeling good enough to exercise. I have arthritis and some bone-spurs poking my spinal cord. I am waiting for my doctor to up my pain meds, on recommendation from my neurologist, as when I have them I lose weight pretty quick. (All that Testosterone, you know, lol!)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am not going to let incompetent doctors put me on things I am unsure about, or take me off of things that could save my life. (Look in the Metformin for Weight-loss thread)

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 12 (started getting a moustache when I was 7, about the same time I started getting fat!), but due to being bounced from foster-home to foster-home, and then learning how to deal with the real world, and waiting for my disability, I never got it treated until I was 21 (which means I didn’t start my period until I was 21). Now, having experimented with most treatments, I have a better idea of what to do. Metformin ER and Spironolactone (100x2 d) are my friends, Depo (and all other hormone based birth-control, for that matter) is not, lol. I am very lucky in that though I have a lot of symptoms of PCOS, an over-sized mid-section is not one of them. I have very muscular legs, and thighs, so my measurements hit that supposed golden ratio of attractiveness for men. Right now, they are 53/45/54 which is pretty close to right for someone my size. Still got the skin-tags (I recommend picking them off if you heal quickly) and beard though!
  • !! So happy to have found a PCOS subforum here!

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Song of Surly/Danielle

BIRTHDAY: April 14, 1988

MARITAL STATUS: Single!

SPOUSE’S NAME: N/A.

CHILDREN/AGES: None, but I am extremely excited to be a doting aunt soon. (My sister also has PCOS, and after trying for several years, is now having a baby. )

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, writing, acting, watching GREAT movies, and going to science think-tanks.

PETS: Two darling kitties - Minna and Maggie.

TOP WEIGHT: 232

CURRENT WEIGHT: 229

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'5"

EYE COLOR: Green/Blue. We're not too sure which.

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Virginia.

E-MAIL ADDRESS: Just ask and it will be your's.

HOMEPAGE URL: N/A.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Staying focused! I can be a bit whimsical when it comes to feeling motivated to do something, and when I get excited about doing something else, usually the first thing gets dropped.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I've gotten to my highest weight ever, and I just can't stand the person that I see. It's time to put up or shut up.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I was never a really thin girl, but up until the end of my Freshman year in highschool, I had always been at a good weight. Then, within the course of a year, I gained almost fifty pounds! I stopped menstruating all together, and suddenly I was capable of growing a beard. :O My pediatrician (who I was just about to leave... thank goodness I didn't!) found the problem right away, but a lot of the damage had been done... at least to my sense of femininity. My mother has been dragging me from doctor to doctor ever since then, and unfortunately through a few therapists as well.

The mood swings and depression caused by my hormones is probably the hardest problem I've had with my PCOS. I was always a "sensitive" child, and this just seemed to compound on my natural tendency towards the melancholy. However, after taking charge of my life and leaving my ex, starting at a new school which I find SO rewarding, and making a whole host of great new friends, I am the happiest I have been since I was first diagnosed
  • DATE: March 24, 2010

USERNAME/REAL NAME: LaurenBelle / Lauren Piro

BIRTHDAY: December 16th 1983

MARITAL STATUS: Long distance boyfriend for 9 months

SPOUSE’S NAME: Aaron

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Punk rock & hardcore music, reading, swing dancing, internet, watching movies, etc.

PETS: My cat Harley and my fish

TOP WEIGHT: 104kg

CURRENT WEIGHT: 104kg

GOAL WEIGHT: 65kg

HEIGHT: 5'5"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown, dyed black.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Melbourne, Australia

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Finding the energy and motivation to cook after work, and feeling like eating the good stuff. I suppose its willpower and laziness which continue to hold me back from succeeding at losing weight.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I saw a naturopath who put me on a course of herbal therapies and an elimination diet based on what my body can tolerate.

I am tattooed, chubby punk rock girl from Australia and I just want my outsides to match my insides.