PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 08:13 PM   #1  

Default Thin person with pcos

I have recently been diagnosed with Insulin Resistance/PCOS. I am at an appropriate weight for my height. I have been on Sugar Busters for 1 week now and I am wondering what changes I could/should make to the diet since I am thin. I have gained about 8 lbs. since going off of birth control, but that still leaves me in a "normal" range.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:12 PM   #2  

I think the primary focus of any eating plan for someone with PCOS is staying away from junk and processed foods, especially sweets.

You are really lucky to be one of the few who aren't faced with overweight issues.

I'm sure though that you can tell a big difference in how you feel if you eat sugar though, and I think everyone's goal in this situation is to feel good and energized- not necessarily to be a certain weight.

Have you heard of Yasmin? It might be a better birth control pill option for you as I've read it prevents the weight gain alot of healthy-weight women experience.

Good luck!
Old 02-18-2003, 10:15 PM   #3  

Oops, I misread your entry!

If you were on birth control, Yasmin might prevent weight gain.

It's strange, most average size women gain weight on the pill- but for those of us with PCOS we really need the help of the pill.

Why did you have to go off?
Old 02-19-2003, 07:59 AM   #4  

Default To get pregnant

I went off the pill to get pregnant - and then I stopped ovulating. I assumed it was stress until the doctor ran tests and found my insulin counts to be high. I have been following SB exactly and it's very frustrating. While I know it's better for me, I am still feeling tired. Maybe that goes away after a few weeks - I am only on week 2. I am also on Glucophage. The hardest part has been no candy and no white carbs!!! And I am leaving on vacation for Hawaii in 2 days - now that will be stress!
Closed Thread